• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Kcjacoby

FSN Not covering any more games?!?!

Rate this topic

Don't post here too often, but I am a HUGE Wings fan since I was 5 years old and I can't imagine not being able to watch the conference finals. I'll watch tonights game at the bar, sunday not sure...tuesday and thursday at a friends house...I wish I could just get versus, but my apartment community doesn't offer any plans with it available.

Is there any way to watch a stream on the internet just in case I can't make it to the bar/friends house??

Thanks.....

Well, it has always been like this in the sense that national broadcast takes over once the Conference Finals start. It's just its never been a problem for you guys because everyone has ESPN.

And because the games would still be available on CBC.

I refuse to use Comcast. I have had nothing but problems with them in the past and don't intend to EVER give them any of my money again.

I will be making some rather nasty communications to WOW about the situation with VS though. They need to include that with their basic package. The problem most likely is in the rate that Comcast is charging for that station though, making it where they cannot include it with basic...

I don't watch TV hardly ever. I watch 1 TV show, The Shield. I get that with basic cable. I don't see any valid reason why I should have to shell out extra $$$ to get digital cable just for hockey. I basically pay my cable bill now just for hockey & the Shield...I refuse to shell out more $$$ for more channels that I will pretty much never watch.

And the nhl wonders why they cant get any ratings.

its beyond stupid to show these games on channels most people dont get. now my cable offers VS, but why should i shell out the extra $$$(of which i dont really have) just for a station im only gonna watch during the hockey season. its stupid marketing on the nhl's part.

the nhl should be trying to attract the middle class viewers, the people who may not be able to shed out that extra cash to get VS, or TSN. Just go back to the way it used to be, find a new tv deal on a national tv station.

Is there any way to watch a stream on the internet just in case I can't make it to the bar/friends house??

Thanks.....

There are several threads (one active today) that tells how to watch on sopcast.

As stated a few times already I think in here, this has always been the norm, for all local/regional affiliated broadcasts once the Conference Finals hit.

It's just that Versus isn't as accessible as ESPN. Hopefully that will change in time. That's up to Versus and local cable providers to make the channel more available in your area.

If I was a local up there, I'd prefer to watch in on FSN Detroit, but as long as it is being shown, that's enough for me. I just want to watch the game, commentary/annoucing is secondary and rarely bothers me. Yes, it is inconvenient if VS isn't carried by your cable provider, and it is hard times in terms of spending dollars up there.

But with the Detroit area being a great sports town, you're going to find the game on at a restaurant or bar nearby. It may be annoying but it's not torturous, just take a short drive and have a beer or two and watch the game there or at a friend's house.

At least most have been able to watch FSN Detroit in comfort, what about some of the Wings fans, or any hockey fan in general outside a hockey market, that had only Versus to watch, or even just NBC on weekends.....

If I were a fan that lived outside of Michigan, or even out of the metro Detroit area, I would understand the game not being available on basic cable...but for a game in the conference finals of ANY of the 4 major sports not to be shown on basic cable in the home town of either of the 2 teams playing in that game is a joke.

You won't see this in any of the other 3 major sports...just hockey.

I called WOW to complain, their only alternative was for me to pay the extra $12 a month to get digital cable. As I stated above, I don't watch TV much at all, I'll be damned if I'm going to shell out another $12 a month. I'll stream the games online for free, screw the NHL and screw VS.

Edited by Vladinator

I was under the impression that some local broadcast stations purchased the games from Versus last year, so everyone would have a chance to watch. Basically channel 2, 4 or 7 would pick up the versus feed. Perhaps that was just for the Finals though. In any event its a total embarrassment that a supposed major league sport's semi-finals are only available to 65% of its biggest ratings draw's home market.

I refuse to use Comcast. I have had nothing but problems with them in the past and don't intend to EVER give them any of my money again.

I will be making some rather nasty communications to WOW about the situation with VS though. They need to include that with their basic package. The problem most likely is in the rate that Comcast is charging for that station though, making it where they cannot include it with basic...

I had concast at one time because they were the only game in town. And they acted like it--poor service, poor channel selection, overall bad quality. When WOW came in I jumped immediately. I'll never go back to concast, Versus or not.

I don't blame WOW for not picking up Versus, at least as part of their regular packages--why support a competitor?

Yes, I could go to a bar or a friend's to watch the game but frankly I refuse. This is dumb. The "new" NHL is clueless on the TV front. I'm not going to get upset about it...I'll just watch some old games (1960s and 70s) I have on DVD that I've yet to watch.

If I were a fan that lived outside of Michigan, or even out of the metro Detroit area, I would understand the game not being available on basic cable...but for a game in the conference finals of ANY of the 4 major sports not to be shown on basic cable in the home town of either of the 2 teams playing in that game is a joke.

You won't see this in any of the other 3 major sports...just hockey.

I called WOW to complain, their only alternative was for me to pay the extra $12 a month to get digital cable. As I stated above, I don't watch TV much at all, I'll be damned if I'm going to shell out another $12 a month. I'll stream the games online for free, screw the NHL and screw VS.

I know you stated you do not watch TV that much but you do get some decent channels on the digital cable package with WOW. Discovery Times (they show some great documentaries), Discovery Science (some great programs shown on this channel), BBC America (Which have some good shows from across the pond. I got my aunt and my cousin hooked on Robin Hood.), G4 (if you love video games or Jamie Kennedy), FOX college channels(they show college hockey), Starz's and Encore movie channels.

But I do come with some good news. Game 2 is on CBC

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=207416&hubname=nhl

I had concast at one time because they were the only game in town. And they acted like it--poor service, poor channel selection, overall bad quality. When WOW came in I jumped immediately. I'll never go back to concast, Versus or not.

I don't blame WOW for not picking up Versus, at least as part of their regular packages--why support a competitor?

Yes, I could go to a bar or a friend's to watch the game but frankly I refuse. This is dumb. The "new" NHL is clueless on the TV front. I'm not going to get upset about it...I'll just watch some old games (1960s and 70s) I have on DVD that I've yet to watch.

Your experience with comcast seems to be the same as mine. I have absolutely no complaints about WOW other than them not carrying VS in their basic package (which I realize probably has more to do with the rate that comcast charges for having VS in their lineup than anything else). Their service has been very reliable, their people are actually friendly & helpful, & the internet has been much faster on a consistent basis than I ever got from comcast.

I lived in an area where comcast was the only provider available for quite awhile and the service was awful. I had to have a repair person out 12 times over a 2 month period and the problem still wasn't fixed!!! They refused to credit my bill over the problems. I ended up cancelling my cable completely and pulling out my old rabbit ears! I was so happy that WOW was available when I moved.

I have no intention of ever using Comcast again and will continue to stream the games for free if the NHL wants to continue the idiotic relationship with VS.

I know you stated you do not watch TV that much but you do get some decent channels on the digital cable package with WOW. Discovery Times (they show some great documentaries), Discovery Science (some great programs shown on this channel), BBC America (Which have some good shows from across the pond. I got my aunt and my cousin hooked on Robin Hood.), G4 (if you love video games or Jamie Kennedy), FOX college channels(they show college hockey), Starz's and Encore movie channels.

But I do come with some good news. Game 2 is on CBC

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=207416&hubname=nhl

Yeah, that Robin Hood show looks pretty good. I just don't watch TV enough to justify the added expense, especially with my current financial situation being so terrible....

Realistically, games this far into the playoffs SHOULD be available on network TV. Years ago, you never had to pay for cable to see your local team when they were in the playoffs. Now it is not only unavailable (other than the odd game here and there on the weekends) on network TV, it isn't available on basic cable.

The NHL needs to get their heads out of their asses and work out a TV deal with a real network rather than wasting their time with VS.

I'm glad theres no more games on FSN, because to be honest, (sorry fans of mickey and ken), I think they are the worst announcers ever. I can't stand Mickey he is annoying with his "Bingo Bango" crap he says, he sounds retarded.

there i said my part for the day. hah