• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest bullocks

Al Strachan

Rate this topic

Guest bullocks

he really cut him up tonight on "the score"...a network we have in toronto...saying how his equipment size is outrageous and all he does is take up the hole net with it and cant do much more...i'll try to find a link.

They have said about 438 times this year that Jiggy's equipment is legal..his shoulder pads only look so big because he has them lifted up at the top!!

Guest bullocks

They have said about 438 times this year that Jiggy's equipment is legal..his shoulder pads only look so big because he has them lifted up at the top!!

he never said they wernt legal...he said they have to look at it in general because an un-athletic fat slob like giguerre with no talent can be a goalie...k maybe some talent...ahl talent without the imploded equipment :cool:

Guest Crymson

he never said they wernt legal...he said they have to look at it in general because an un-athletic fat slob like giguerre with no talent can be a goalie...k maybe some talent...ahl talent without the imploded equipment :cool:

All the guy needs to do on low shots is move 2-3 inches to either side and his pads do the rest of the work.

That he gets beaten high so much proves his general lack of skill. Perhaps they should introduce an award for most effective equipment? I'm sure he'd win. Better that than the Conn Smythe again. *vomits*

Are you and reguofmffan or whatever the hell his name is buddies or are you the same person because you are the only stupid enough to defend him on this board is you?

Guest Crymson

lol

you guys are unreal.

Just becasue he doesnt have Hasek ball marks on his chin he is bad too.

lol

you guys are too much.

You've got a problem, my man.

Guest bullocks

lol

you guys are unreal.

Just becasue he doesnt have Hasek ball marks on his chin he is bad too.

lol

you guys are too much.

lol @ hasek ball marks...that was good.

Why would anyone listen to Strachan...he was fired from HNIC and the Globe and Mail and his credibility is about as low as it could be. I take everything he says with a lot grain of salt as most of it is garbage and stir &*@! up.

As for Giggy and his equipment, you can try and say you think the equipment is illegal but I am sure that the Wings organization would have complained privately/publicly about this and made sure that it was legal. He is a big guy 6-1 almost 200 lbs so he is going to look big because he already is.

Giguere's equipment is legal as far as we've been told. But the thing is what JSG does now is add padding all around his chest equipment to hold up his shoulder pads for example. So legally yes - his equipment is measured correctly. But what's the point of that, if you add padding to increase height and width? he's such a great goalie he still needs to find ways to cheat the system. :cool:

Giguere's equipment is legal as far as we've been told. But the thing is what JSG does now is add padding all around his chest equipment to hold up his shoulder pads for example. So legally yes - his equipment is measured correctly. But what's the point of that, if you add padding to increase height and width? he's such a great goalie he still needs to find ways to cheat the system. :cool:

hahaha i like your point of view :clap:

Yeh they were talking about this during Game 1, I think. I just find it funny he looks like a futuristic robot out there, and yet their fans keep saying he's done nothing different than any other goalie. Uh-huh.

Al Strachan is an assclown but on this subject he's bang on. While Giggy's equipment is legal in the NHL sense it's still rediculous. Look at how badly he's played in this series. Every single save he makes is with his belly. He hardly ever makes andy dramatic kick saves and his blocker and trapper are basically on vacation. If it weren't for his bloated equipment he'd be pumping my gas every week.

Just look at that Chelios, offside, long shot he watched hit the post in game 3.

Heck, even last night, if the puck moved a little to each side of him or came flying off the boards he looked like a clumsy robot out there. He almost had a goal go in off his leg pads that came off the end boards. He's brutal and he'd be nothing without his defense or if the NHL forced reduced equipment.

Mark my words, the NHL will be making the nets bigger in the next 5 years. This next season some team is going to give Giggy a huge contract and they'll regret it before it expires, because by then, the nets will be bigger and he'll be lit up like my uncle at a Christmas party. He has ZERO skill outside of grazing the envelope on equipment size and playing angles. He's been severly outplayed by Hasek in this series despite Dom's wandering ways and poor performance last night. Hasek can win you games, Giggy won't. If you had to compare them Hasek is Peyton Manning and Giggy is Trent Dilfer. If he has a good defense in front of him, he can do enough to secure wins, but he's certainly not going to steal any games for you. All 3 goals he let in last night would have been stopped by almost every other playoff goalie.

Edited by Hank

Al Strachan is an assclown but on this subject he's bang on. While Giggy's equipment is legal in the NHL sense it's still rediculous. Look at how badly he's played in this series. Every single save he makes is with his belly. He hardly ever makes andy dramatic kick saves and his blocker and trapper are basically on vacation. If it weren't for his bloated equipment he'd be pumping my gas every week.

Just look at that Chelios, offside, long shot he watched hit the post in game 3.

Heck, even last night, if the puck moved a little to each side of him or came flying off the boards he looked like a clumsy robot out there. He almost had a goal go in off his leg pads that came off the end boards. He's brutal and he'd be nothing without his defense or if the NHL forced reduced equipment.

Mark my words, the NHL will be making the nets bigger in the next 5 years. This next season some team is going to give Giggy a huge contract and they'll regret it before it expires, because by then, the nets will be bigger and he'll be lit up like my uncle at a Christmas party. He has ZERO skill outside of grazing the envelope on equipment size and playing angles. He's been severly outplayed by Hasek in this series despite Dom's wandering ways and poor performance last night. Hasek can win you games, Giggy won't. If you had to compare them Hasek is Peyton Manning and Giggy is Trent Dilfer. If he has a good defense in front of him, he can do enough to secure wins, but he's certainly not going to steal any games for you. All 3 goals he let in last night would have been stopped by almost every other playoff goalie.

Some of you need a pacifier. You lost, move on.

Some of you need a pacifier. You lost, move on.

C'mon dude. Even his fellow Faux French *** (Kids in the Hall reference, not meant to offend anyone french, *** or immitation) Martin Brodeur called him out by saying he looked like French robot superhero Goldorak. HE DOES!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Al Strachan is an ignoramous. He was let go from CBC and the Globe (a very credible newspaper here). He now works for the Score which is a great network imo but it is the youngest of our sports channels in Canada and that is why they have to take what they can get, Al Strachan. I think Strachan still writes for the Toronto Sun too, which is the worst newspaper in the entire world. Al Strachan should never, ever be taken seriously.

Al Strachan is an ignoramous. He was let go from CBC and the Globe (a very credible newspaper here). He now works for the Score which is a great network imo but it is the youngest of our sports channels in Canada and that is why they have to take what they can get, Al Strachan. I think Strachan still writes for the Toronto Sun too, which is the worst newspaper in the entire world. Al Strachan should never, ever be taken seriously.

True on all accounts. But at the same time, I don't know how anyone can say he's wrong regarding the size of goaltending equipment today. Or the fact that Giggy lacks any kind of athleticism and relies solely on his bulk and sound positioning (taught to him by one of the greats).

He's not the only one saying so, and while you may be correct in saying he's usually off base most times, he's correct this time.

C'mon dude. Even his fellow Faux French *** (Kids in the Hall reference, not meant to offend anyone french, *** or immitation) Martin Brodeur called him out by saying he looked like French robot superhero Goldorak. HE DOES!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

HA HAHA :clap:

True on all accounts. But at the same time, I don't know how anyone can say he's wrong regarding the size of goaltending equipment today. Or the fact that Giggy lacks any kind of athleticism and relies solely on his bulk and sound positioning (taught to him by one of the greats).

You do realize that goalies aren't supposed to have to make desperation saves all the time, right? You're supposed to be sound positionally in order to be in front of the shot, no matter what. He can make glove/blocker saves. I've seen them. He's just very sound positionally, that way he doesn't HAVE to worry about flopping around. I'm done with this subject. This horse is dead and it's been beaten since 2003. It's boring.

Edited by Duckette