• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Offsides

Woman attacked after Sabres win

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Clearly, as you are equally irritating to everyone.

Please don't explain sexism to me ever again. If someone shows concern that a woman was beat up, you don't need to come in with your PC *a person was beat up* crap. Yes, no one wants to see anyone beat up, but you didn't need to start a stupid debate about it.

It's not about different treatment, it's about different limitations. UGH, I am not discussing this anymore. Are you a woman Crymson? Because if not, I highly doubt you know what it's like to be one.

There's really no need for you to resort to personal insults when somebody disagrees with you. Is this conversation particularly challenging a belief to which you hold dearly, perhaps?

My comment, as I said, had nothing to do with PC, but with double standards which trouble me.

Different limitations equals different treatment. In the first place, your particular different limitations are dictated by YOU for the most part, and more importantly they're specified and made clear by YOU in whole. It's your decision whether or not you deliberately concentrate them and put them in the forefront in your daily life. This is your choice, and you must live by the consequences.

I certainly don't know how it is to be a woman, but of my best friends about half are women. They have no such issues as you do with this subject; they do as they wish, they focus on nothing but what they CAN do, and, simply, they are themselves. As I said, do not attempt to generalize your situation to all women, as you would be incorrect. Incredibly so. Oh, and by the way, I suppose the flipside of your comment is that you don't know how it is to be a man, so what place have you making that comment anyway?

I planned to end this with a particular quote on equality of the sexes, but--as these values of yours are clearly entrenched and fortified to the teeth-- it would almost certainly only provoke a hostile reaction from you and likely another accusation of sexism. Too bad for you overall, in the end.

Edited by Crymson

Guest jaytan

yah i heard about that...it's pretty sad beating up a women.

I dunno, some of them are kinda scary!

IPB Image

:crazy:

Now sing the Star-Spangled Banner...

Honestly after that run in, I've never been MORE uncomfortable at a hockey game in my life..not even at STAPLES....

Yeah, and the sad thing is I usually have a good time at opponents arenas. Like when I was in Toronto, for the most part everyone wanted to come up and talk, and they were very nice. All I've heard was that Leafs fans are so scary, but they were like WAY overly nice, ha ha.

But all it takes is one *crazy* one. And the mix of alcohol and sports doesn't help.

And honestly, being a smaller person there would have been little way to defend myself if a similar attack would have happened...I would have tried to take out his reproductive abilities, however...lol.

OsGod was there, and that was the only good thing, but we weren't sitting together. We had lone seats. After the game he came over and the guy left me alone. So everything was good. It really bothers me to think that someone would attack a woman over a hockey game. It scares me a bit...because there have been times....

For those of you men who say "ewwww" to this picture, I'm sorry you're not more comfortable with yourselves.

I'm very comfortable with myself, and I'm still going to say ewwww to that picture. I'm all for lifting weights and getting stronger, I do it nearly every day, but bodybuilding to that extreme is absolutely disgusting to me whether you are a man or woman.

Anyways, I love watching the Red Wings, I love watching the New Orleans Saints, I love watching my alma mater play sports, and so forth. I am so glad though that I don't take this stuff too seriously and get all emotionally jacked up.

This, unfortuantely, is nothing unusual in sports, whether it is too much beer in the body or not. And to think, when incidents such as these happen here in the U.S. or Canada generally speaking, they are generally more serene than soccer riots that might occur in South America or Europe or something.

When I was back in college I went to a road football game at one of my school's main rivals. First off, it was TCU at SMU, so it definltely isn't Texas/OU of Michigan/OSU rivalry type. :lol:

Anyways, still, the game was at SMU in Dallas. Not a huge rivalrly but still, some unpleasentness between the schools. I rarely have a lot of drinks at games or get all hyperactive at events due to s**t that could hit the fan because of alcohol or emotions and such, like what happened in Ottawa. There was just some heckling going on between fans of the two schools at the game near the section I was sitting/standing in, nothing too obnoxious or ridiculous, one decided to be an a**hat and throw a beverage on the other guy, then a scrum broke out. It was really, really stupid.

The few jackasses at a sporting event that will go over edge unfortunately will never go away, regardless of gender, and it's a shame because it takes away from the enjoyment of others who JUST WANT TO WATCH THE GAME.

That's certainly all I want to do at a sporting event.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Just stumbled across this in Detroit News online...

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic.../705190416/1128

Senators aid Sabres fan

The Senators want to make things right for a Sabres fan who was assaulted after Ottawa's most recent home game.

Cyril Leeder , the Senators chief operating officer, said Friday the team has offered tickets to Renee Luck after learning the Buffalo woman was repeatedly punched in the face following the Sabres' 3-2 victory in Game 4 of the Eastern Conference finals Wednesday.

It's a shame the melee had to happen, it's good that the Senators organization is reaching out to Cyril Leeder though in a gesture of good faith.

IPB Image

Oh my, I remember that game. Flyers fans are probably some of the meanest people on the planet. Pretty much all sports fans in Philly are.

Tip: Don't bring your wife or children to Flyers game, even if you are a Flyers fan. It can get pretty nasty in that arena. Must be the polluted air of the city itself. ;)

Edited by Kp-Wings

That's really uncharacteristic to see Ducks fans start fights during/after a game, or cause problems. I apologize for their rudeness. Most of the fans (not all) try to stay out of trouble. I remember after Game 5 of the WCF, these three drunken Oilers fans were following me around the entire arena. It was really scaring me. They cornered me and started yelling me and harassing me. Luckily, three other people moved them away before they did anything, but it happens even when you're at home. I was only 15, and I'm 5'8". These guys were like, 6'2" and had to be somewhere in their 20's. I'm pretty strong, but they could have beaten the snot out of me.

Me and one of my teammates had the same problem during Game 3 of the Conference Quarterfinals against Calgary. They were picking on my teammate (who is REALLY small) and they wouldn't stop. A couple of people told them to get a life.

I'm not trying to pick on the Canadian fans (my best friend is a Flames fan) but that's just when it happened. It was definitely scary.

It happens everywhere, no matter your age or your gender. It's scary. I had the same problem here in Tampa. I was pelted in the head with all sorts of objects cuz I was in a Ducks jersey. Three drunken guys were harassing me and my best friend, once again. Luckily, it didn't turn into anything big. It's very disappointing though...

That was nice of the guy behind the devil to pull him away from the punch... that could have hurt if it connected. :)

:lol: I thought he was trying to strangle him :crazy:

Just stumbled across this in Detroit News online...

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic.../705190416/1128

It's a shame the melee had to happen, it's good that the Senators organization is reaching out to Cyril Leeder though in a gesture of good faith.

Too little to late... I mean you think she really wants to see the team that just ousted her team.... and then after all that she endured there.

Hey ma'am sorry you got your ass kicked by our fans... you wanna come back for another game at a later date? Yeah, good job sens!

Sport can be pretty butal , I remember a few year's back after a Celtic V Rangers game a young boy of about 16 - 17 was walking down the street and some ******* Rangers fan ran up behind him slit his throat and murdered him , just because he had on a Celtic top. :angry:

Sport can be pretty butal , I remember a few year's back after a Celtic V Rangers game a young boy of about 16 - 17 was walking down the street and some ******* Rangers fan ran up behind him slit his throat and murdered him , just because he had on a Celtic top. :angry:

Football/Soccer in Europe? Those fans? Uh oh. No disrespect to the poor lady that spawned this thread, but the ante just went up, brutally.

IPB Image

hope all this stupid idiots in this picture and everybody else with such an attidute will be suspended from all nhl-arenas for all time and i hope they read this...YOU ARE IDIOTS.... I can not believe that people treat each other like this only because of wearing a wrong shirt... luckily weapons are not allowed....

When i saw my only nhl game in my life it was the same....flyers scored 3-0 against rangers in MSG, a flyers fan celebrated and some stupid Rangers fans tried to hit him... wow...imagine Red Wings would have scored and somebody would have hit me... would be very nice to spend one night with the police on my short holiday trip to NY :blink:

And for myself to see that this people are all sitting is very strange.... so in Germany we have also some people who get this aggressive but they are, i think, all in the standing-area...I would be very scared if in Germany the people would treat each other like that in the seat-area and it scared me even more, that so manny people get after one guy...

Guest jaytan

Come to think of it, I've been involved in this kind of stuff before. One time, when I was in school at Minnesota, me and a friend drove up to St. Cloud to see the Gophers play St. Cloud State. We pulled a trick to get a scalper to sell us tickets in the St. Cloud student section (basically, we pretended we were SC fans, then once we got the tickets, opened our coats and showed him our Minnesota jerseys :lol:).

Anyway, had to fight a crazy old man....