• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeyCrazy3033

Kozzie returning to the Wings?

Rate this topic

Kozzie interested? Wings sure seem like they are!

I for one would be THRILLED. I know he's getting up there in age, but the guy can still score, and make those amazing plays/passes. He's great defensively too. Plus, you know he's always going to show up in the playoffs. That's when he plays best.

I WANT KOZZIE BACK! Then we can get Feds at the deadline and completely drool over a Dats-Feds-Kozzie line. SWEET JESUS!

I don't care how old they are so don't anyone come in here and ruin it for me, okay?! WOOT. :D

Hopefully Kenny brings him back. I bet he wouldn't cost a lot at all.

I don't know if he's really the player we need but I'd LOVE to have him back. He's playoff clutch too!

EDIT: I agree about Feds as well, he should retire a Wing.

Edited by FinWing

I'd love to see him back. He's clutch and would give the Wings some secondary scoring. If Holland can't work out a deal with Smyth, which he probably won't be able to, Kozlov is a great option. He's more affordable and will give the Wings some flexibility at the deadline too.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Kozlov-Filppula-Bertuzzi

I'd like him back as well as Bert. Give Kopecky some of the minutes Calder had and I not sure size will be a problem. I hear Grigs likes to get his nose dirty as well and from some of the games I have on dvd of him it seems true.

:scared:

I sure hope he isn't!

Why would you not want Kozzie back, I was gonna post this but somebody already did. He is exactly what the Wings need, he can score, make amazing passes and he would know the system. Yea hes not real physical but you dont think of Dats being a hitter, but he knows how to use his body. Sign him now KENNY. At least hes not lazy and sucks.

People are writing Kozlov off way too quickly here. The guy had an 80 point season, and one of the things the Wings need more of is scoring power. He can provide that. He only made 2.012 million last year, and he has said in the past that he would like to return to Detroit.

Guest bullocks

If the Wings can get him at like 2 mill then okay. But we need more physicality on our team. That's what wins championships these days. It would be a good story, but isn't too intreaging after that. We barely have enough money to re-sign our own free agents lol

If the Wings can get him at like 2 mill then okay. But we need more physicality on our team. That's what wins championships these days. It would be a good story, but isn't too intreaging after that. We barely have enough money to re-sign our own free agents lol

The Wings are fine physically. Especially if they have Bert coming back at 100%. Plus, physicality wasn't what made us lose against the Ducks. The lack of scoring and not getting that big goal when needed to is what did. Kozzie can fill that void.

Kozzie scores goals... he is DEFINITELY the player the wings need!

Kozzie, Dats and Feds The russians would dominate!

:clap:

2008 Deadline Deal to be:

To Columbus: Draft pick and maybe a prospect

To Detroit: Sergei Fedorov

Kozzie interested? Wings sure seem like they are!

I for one would be THRILLED. I know he's getting up there in age, but the guy can still score, and make those amazing plays/passes. He's great defensively too. Plus, you know he's always going to show up in the playoffs. That's when he plays best.

I WANT KOZZIE BACK! Then we can get Feds at the deadline and completely drool over a Dats-Feds-Kozzie line. SWEET JESUS!

I don't care how old they are so don't anyone come in here and ruin it for me, okay?! WOOT. :D

Hopefully Kenny brings him back. I bet he wouldn't cost a lot at all.

You took the words out of my mouth. I think Slava would be a excellent fit on the team. and Fedorov for me is a no brainer as well. Feds will never happen but Kozlov on the other hand I can see that actually happening.

The NEW Russian 5 will prevail. and the Cup of Lord Stanley shall be ours once more.

DITTO!

Seems alot of folks forget he was the original "Robert Lang"

You got that right... he knew how to score big in the Playoffs when he was on our team... 114GP 42G 37A 79pt all in the post season... I love those numbers... and we have been missing those numbers since he was sent packing.

Guest jaytan

:clap:

2008 Deadline Deal to be:

To Columbus: Draft pick and maybe a prospect

To Detroit: Sergei Fedorov

Geez.... I'd actually be happier with Kozlov than with that prima donna coming back to Detroit. Look, stop living in the past. Just because you liked a guy when he was here a few years ago doesn't mean he'd be a good fit now. I miss Marty Lapointe and Darren McCarty, but you won't hear me calling for their return.

I meant the Lang/Kozlov analogy as a joke; as in Kozlov started to play as though nothing mattered, poor passing, little to no effort, & multiple benchings by Scotty Bowman didn't wake this kid up...I for one was glad to see him sent packing to Buffalo for Hasek.

And I was being 100% serious... Slava was huge in the playoffs when it mattered. Lang had 2 huge goals in the post season that mattered as well. While Dom was a nice addition... our scoring, or lack thereof, has been our downfall.

Geez.... I'd actually be happier with Kozlov than with that prima donna coming back to Detroit. Look, stop living in the past. Just because you liked a guy when he was here a few years ago doesn't mean he'd be a good fit now. I miss Marty Lapointe and Darren McCarty, but you won't hear me calling for their return.

Feds definitely had more of an impact on our team success during his tenure here than either of those two. Thats not saying I don't like them... that is just stating that Feds played a bigger role in our overall success as a franchise than those two.

Edited by OsGOD

Kozlov-Datsyuk-Grigorenko would be fun to watch.

DUnno, He's 35 years old and on the limit with his age.

I don't want Sergei back. He is turning 38 at next season and past his prime. The injuries have really hurt him.

...IMHO he's better off in Atlanta - & btw in 4 playoff games he had ZERO points & was a - 6...Yeah lets bring him back :rolleyes:

Marian Hossa (THEIR LEADING SCORER) 4 games 1 assist -6... he sucks too right?

Some of our key players also took 4 games stretches where they couldn't produce. Only Lids didn't have a 4 game gap in scoring where he didn't produce.

Just because he does that on a lowly team like Atlanta, doesn't mean he wouldn't or couldn't produce once again on the wings.

P.s. Mods.. why are their two different threads on this same topic?

79 points in 114 games is respectable, but nothing spectacular...Both Lang, & Kozlov failed to deliver; Bowman gave Kozzie numerous chances to get his act together, & like Lang he did little to nothing & became more & more of a liability on the ice. When players show little effort/drive & when multiple benchings (in Kozzies case) don't have an effect on the players attitude - it's time to ship them off...IMHO he's better off in Atlanta - & btw in 4 playoff games he had ZERO points & was a - 6...Yeah lets bring him back :rolleyes:

atlanta got there ass kicked you can t blame kozzie so i say if he fit money wise do it

not really the cap is going up and the salarys of lang and calder are off the books

dom returning was bad huh

Kozlov was traded for a reason...Why is everyone soooo keen on bringing back a guy who totally slacked off :blink:

Kozzie was a victim in the whole... Best goalie in the world is wanting to come to your team.... you would be dumb not to deal for him.

Everyone is probably wanting him back because they don't see the "slacker" status you speak of. I don't see it at all.....

Then again the wings will do what they always do... let scorers walk and pick up another new goalie.... thats seems to solve the problem every year. :rolleyes:

Obviously you don't recall the repeated benchings by Bowman? The lack of backchecking? The poor passing along with the befuddled expression on his face - "duh, did I just do something wrong"? The overall indifference he showcased on a nightly basis for the better portion of his last 2 seasons in Detroit?

I honestly would've been happy with a dozen Tim Hortons donuts for Kozzie; he IMHO was as worthless as Lang was to us this past year...In getting Hasek as part of the deal - I was happier than a pig in poop!

No way do I want to see Holland pi$$ away part of the cap on Slava Kozlov; it'd be much more wise to add somebody whom not only has a good set of hands, but grit/size, & most of all some "heart" as well...Hartnell is 1 guy that comes to mind.

I am sorry I must of missed all of those items because i was so excited about all the goal scoring Kozzie brought in the post season, my bad. Who wasn't in Bowman dog house? Perhaps Yzerman was the only one safe from his mental warfare.

but back to the benchings... I am not seeing many games missed over his time here... perhaps you are manufacturing them in your own brain?

94-95 - Missed 2 games (bowman must hate him)

95-96 - Played in all 82 games

96-97 - Missed 7 games (bowan must loathe him)

97-98 - Missed 2 games (bowan must hate him)

98-99 - Missed 3 games (bowan must loathe him)

99-00 - Missed 10 games (must have slept with bowman wife) <--- Played in 8 of 9 playoff games

01-02 - Missed 10 games (caught again sleeping with the misses) <-- Played in all 6 playoff games

So in total he missed (not even looking up for injuries at all) 40 games out of a total of 540 in 6-1/2 season... Ouch Scotty B must REALLY hate on the Kozzie... ouch... I feel the wrath it is so hot :rolleyes:

Hartnell and heart in the same sentence? Well I do understand your confusion.... Hart "as in trophy" is in his name.. but that is where the similarities end. Phoneticaly speaking you could even take it as far as HART-NULL... meaning not in his career. Take away the ability to cheap shot and Hartnell is nullified. That guy is not a hockey player and much like his ability to help the preds advance, he would do nothing to help us out. Talk about pissing a way part of the cap... sign Harnell.

Edited by OsGOD

"Benchings" doesn't neccessarily mean not being dressed, & sitting in the press box, but being dressed & collecting splinters in yur rear 'cause you're not playing/missing shifts which happened to many under Bowman, but even more to guys like Kozlov who never got the point...BTW if Bowman were coaching the Wings this past year we would've had to issue a missing persons report for Lang - he'd never have played.

As for the cheap-shots & lack of heart concerning Hartnell; well some opponents feel the same about our very own Maltby...Hartnell def gets under the skin of opponents, & is an abrasive sob, but he too is the kinda guy we need when facing off against teams like Calgary, & Anaheim in the playoffs.

You keep saying, never got the point and yet Kozzie played almost every playoff game and performed by recording both goals and assists in the post season... that is all you can ask of a player... whether or not bowman had him riding the pine we can only speculate unless you have documented evidence of his TOI and the reasoning behind it for those seasons in question.

Or would Bowman have not benched Langer and continued to play him? one will never know will we?

As you have said, Maltby (while I don't see it as a fair comparison) is the same as Hartnell... we already have maltby locked up.... Getting under the skin isn't wan't cost of the previous post seasons, it was scoring goals... there isn't enough room on our team for two maltby's to take up minutes out there with out goal production.