• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zeta Power 40

Report: Balsillie gets deal in Hamilton

Rate this topic

Okay..somebody unconfuse me. I read all this and am still lost.

So basically the Preds have a new owner, and the owner wants them to play in Hamilton and not have the Nashville Preds around anymore? And if that happens..when? This season or is that too soon?

The earliest that the Preds can move is after the 2007/08 season.

It will happen eventually. Balsillie did not buy the preds for $220 mil to keep them in Nashville.

two things i don t think toronto or buffalo will like that and how big a city is hamilton

and lastly i say give winnepeg another shot

The Preds have a buyer, the team sale hasn't been blessed by the NHL yet.

The buyer wants a NHL team to the Hamilton area and I don't think it matters what team it is that moves. He went for the Penguins recently as well. For craziness sake if he were buy the Wings or the Canadians he would try and move them to his home, but like I said that's craziness.

The Preds have one year guaranteed left in Nashville. If their paid attendance doesn't go up to 14,000 on average he would be able to move the team. Last year they averaged around 12,000 payed.

From what I got out of the state of the league the other night a few teams might be moving in 5-10 years.

Hope this helped

two things i don t think toronto or buffalo will like that and how big a city is hamilton

Hamilton and Winnipeg are basically the same size city (approx. 700,000 population), but Hamilton's surrounding area (GTA & Golden Horseshoe, Niagara Region + rest of Southwestern Ontario) has Winnipeg-area beat by millions of people. Plus, the corporate dollars in Southern Ontario make it a no-brainer for another NHL team.

Hamilton and Winnipeg are basically the same size city (approx. 700,000 population), but Hamilton's surrounding area (GTA & Golden Horseshoe, Niagara Region + rest of Southwestern Ontario) has Winnipeg-area beat by millions of people. Plus, the corporate dollars in Southern Ontario make it a no-brainer for another NHL team.

i don t see toronto allowing that any time they ***** and whine they get what they want

i don t see toronto allowing that any time they ***** and whine they get what they want

I don't think Hamilton would be the permanent home for the team, just a temporary place to play while the arena in Cambridge is being built.

Lots of lawyers are currently trying to figure out if Toronto and/or Buffalo would be owed compensation if a team temporarily took home inside the 65 mile radius of either club.

Guest jaytan

An NHL team in Hamilton would work, but with that said, I don't think anybody expects them to be moving to Hamilton for good. That's just where there's an arena that can be used until a new one is built around Kitchener.

I don't think Hamilton would be the permanent home for the team, just a temporary place to play while the arena in Cambridge is being built.

Lots of lawyers are currently trying to figure out if Toronto and/or Buffalo would be owed compensation if a team temporarily took home inside the 65 mile radius of either club.

thanks for the info i have only driven through hamilton in the dead of night

An NHL team in Hamilton would work, but with that said, I don't think anybody expects them to be moving to Hamilton for good. That's just where there's an arena that can be used until a new one is built around Kitchener.

why does nt the nhl look at vegas they are just begging for a team in any sport

why does nt the nhl look at vegas they are just begging for a team in any sport

I think that one is a little ways off. Maybe when/if Phoenix moves in 4-5 seasons, Vegas would be a good spot to relocate to. I just don't think they've reached the size yet, but they will have by that time.

Also...about Detroit being a factor in this....I don't buy it. The fans on the US side of the border overwhelmingly outnumber any fans in Ontario (hey, I love you guys but I'm just saying!). Saying that a new team in the golden horseshoe is going to hurt Detroit.......umm. :lol: Any true Wings fans in Ontario will stay Wings fans. Anyone else? We won't even notice they're gone. :P

I think that one is a little ways off. Maybe when/if Phoenix moves in 4-5 seasons, Vegas would be a good spot to relocate to. I just don't think they've reached the size yet, but they will have by that time.

Also...about Detroit being a factor in this....I don't buy it. The fans on the US side of the border overwhelmingly outnumber any fans in Ontario (hey, I love you guys but I'm just saying!). Saying that a new team in the golden horseshoe is going to hurt Detroit.......umm. :lol: Any true Wings fans in Ontario will stay Wings fans. Anyone else? We won't even notice they're gone. :P

whatever they do don t do it half assed like they did moving it to nashville ps i bet kitchener in the ohl hopes this does not happen

The Preds have one year guaranteed left in Nashville. If their paid attendance doesn't go up to 14,000 on average he would be able to move the team. Last year they averaged around 12,000 payed.

When will people get it right? paid attendance last season was something like 13,800

When will people get it right? paid attendance last season was something like 13,800

There's been conflicting reports. I first heard it was just over 12,000 paid. I think the free tickets mix people up.

There's been conflicting reports. I first heard it was just over 12,000 paid. I think the free tickets mix people up.

no, there was ONE report from sportsnet.ca that said 12,000 and that's what everyone ran with and quotes when they want to talk about how bad it is. actual paid attendance as 13,800. plus about 1,400 comps/freebies which made total attendance 15,200 last season. It's not hard to look these things up, but people hear one thing and run with it.

no, there was ONE report from sportsnet.ca that said 12,000 and that's what everyone ran with and quotes when they want to talk about how bad it is. actual paid attendance as 13,800. plus about 1,400 comps/freebies which made total attendance 15,200 last season. It's not hard to look these things up, but people hear one thing and run with it.

I think you said it best last week, that there's people in Southern Ontario that want to make the situation worse, so they (in my case, we) can get the Franchise.