• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingNutt

Samsonov should be a Red Wing

Rate this topic

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I'm not sure how many of you know about Sergei Samsonov's situation in Montreal. He is doing everything he can to get out. Montreal is also doing everything they can do to get rid of him without hurting them aswell. Also in the past I've noticed threads of talk of Samsonov being a perfect fit in Detroit, his family is here still from his days with the Detroit Vipers, and he has also I beleive mentioned wanting to play for the Red Wings. Everyone was talking about it before he got traded to Montreal from Edmonton, a lot of people on the forums thought it would work out and a lot of people also didn't want anything to do with him coming here stating he is "too small" and that we have to many small speedy fowards already.

Once again I have brought up the subject. I beleive he would be awesome on our team, for many reasons. He is a top notch play maker and pure goal scorer. He had a bad year with Montreal yes but who didn't. I think he would be revived being in Detroit and show his magic that most of us know he is capable of. and the number one reason, Datsyuk and Samsonov play incredible together. Much like Pavel and Hank, but in a different good way. Anyone that has seen them play together will know what I'm talking about.

Just was wondering what everyone elses thoughts were about him and I already know what some of you will say hes to small, washed up, this that. but keep in mind you were saying similar things about Dom last off season and look at what he did at his age none the less.

I'll pass. The Wings have talent, they have some youth and they have some much needed speed. What they don't have are players like Mike Fisher, Chris Neil, Scott Hartnell (aacckk!), Rob Niedermayer (double aacckK!), Jamal Mayers, etc.....

The Wings need more players that stand over and not under the 72" mark and more players that weigh in over the 200lb mark, not under it. And if you think NHL players don't lie about their weight think again. You show me a guy who is listed a generous 5-10 and 195 and i'll show you a guy who is really 5-9 maybe and about 182. We need bonafide size. Look at the Perry, Getzlaf, Penner line. Absolutely nothing we could do to contain that line whatsoever.

I'm not a huge Samsonov fan, I think he is good with the puck though, but sorry, gotta pass, he's too small for an already small team. If we were one of the bigger teams in the league i'd say bring him on, but since we're one of the smallest we need another small guy like we need Boyd Devereaux back.

I'll pass. The Wings have talent, they have some youth and they have some much needed speed. What they don't have are players like Mike Fisher, Chris Neil, Scott Hartnell (aacckk!), Rob Niedermayer (double aacckK!), Jamal Mayers, etc.....

The Wings need more players that stand over and not under the 72" mark and more players that weigh in over the 200lb mark, not under it. And if you think NHL players don't lie about their weight think again. You show me a guy who is listed a generous 5-10 and 195 and i'll show you a guy who is really 5-9 maybe and about 182. We need bonafide size. Look at the Perry, Getzlaf, Penner line. Absolutely nothing we could do to contain that line whatsoever.

I'm not a huge Samsonov fan, I think he is good with the puck though, but sorry, gotta pass, he's too small for an already small team. If we were one of the bigger teams in the league i'd say bring him on, but since we're one of the smallest we need another small guy like we need Boyd Devereaux back.

:lol: That's good. But seriously I agree. We need bang and grind player not another finesse.

Guest Crymson

I know you're anti-Hartnell, but who exactly on the free agent market can bring what he does? I have the list, and really, I see no one that brings what he brings.

I fail to see how this changes the fact that he's a miscreant on the ice. You're saying that, because he's the only gritty scorer on the market, we should take him despite his utter lack of integrity?

Talk about realpolitik.. again, I'll ask: does the integrity of the team mean anything to you? That's a yes or no question. No "in between" answer exists.

We should get Theo Fleury, I hear a lot of grit talk around here, they don't get much grittier than Fleury...and, he's North American. I think you've actually stumbled upon a great idea! :clap:

He now runs his own concrete company in Canada.

I think we have enough 3rd liiners..

trade for torres he'sstill tough and active...Sammy for Torres toss in a pick

poolerman

Please leave wonderland and come to the real world.

I couldn't even read everyone else's posts. Sergei Samsonov? Wow. Not only is he the exact opposite of what they Wings are looking for but he makes way tooooooooooooooo much money and he had a GARBAGE YEAR! Why do you think Montreal is trying to get rid of him and nobody will take him? I expected this post to be started by somebody from Montreal in hopes of starting a rumor of him leaving town. Awful.

We need some RIGHT HANDNESS guys to make our power-play better, but I think Samsonov is not that guy.

I'd still prefer Jeff O'Neill. He is a sleeper power-forward with a huge right hand shot. He is just suckin at Toronto and would need a new scenery at Detroit.

Samsonov has NEVER put up more tha 75 points. In fact, if you take away the two season he played steadily with Thornton, he has put up more than 50 points once in his career. He'd be a soild 3rd liner on this team. Anything else is a long shot. I don't understand why there is so much lvoe for this guy. What has he EVER done?

Well to start he scored 110 goals in 50 games with the Red Army junior team in 1994-95. This was prior to moving up to the Elite team later that season. He had 23 goals, 19 assists for a total of 42 points with 26 PIM in 64 career games with the Red Army elite team

Well not that the IHL is was anything special, He led the Detroit Vipers to their first and only Turner Cup Championship his rookie season, also winning rookie of the year in the IHL that season,

then the following season he signed with the Boston Bruins winning the Calder Memorial trophy Leagues BEST rookie.

in 1997 he led the World Junior Russian team to a Bronze Medal and was named the tournament's most outstanding forward after scoring six goals in six games. He later played for Russia in 2002 at the Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, earning a bronze medal.

and I believe before its all said and done he will win a Stanley Cup championship with hopefully Detroit.

now that I've answered your question, maybe you can answer mine,

What Have YOU Ever done??

Edited by WingNutt

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Well to start he scored 110 goals in 50 games with the Red Army junior team in 1994-95. This was prior to moving up to the Elite team later that season. He had 23 goals, 19 assists for a total of 42 points with 26 PIM in 64 career games with the Red Army elite team

Well not that the IHL is was anything special, He led the Detroit Vipers to their first and only Turner Cup Championship his rookie season, also winning rookie of the year in the IHL that season,

then the following season he signed with the Boston Bruins winning the Calder Memorial trophy Leagues BEST rookie.

in 1997 he led the World Junior Russian team to a Bronze Medal and was named the tournament's most outstanding forward after scoring six goals in six games. He later played for Russia in 2002 at the Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, earning a bronze medal.

and I believe before its all said and done he will win a Stanley Cup championship with hopefully Detroit.

Ummm.....

Maybe the original poster shoulda reprhased the question as What have you done lately?

You think he's a good player and I agree he can be.

However, you haven't addressed anyone's points about:

1. He has been known to have issues that could cause locker room trouble

2. He has a history of health issues

3. Do you think the Wings need another small, and this guy is small, player on an already small team

4. Nobody picked this guy up off of waivers. that says alot

5. His salary is way too much, what would you do about that. People hate Lang but I'd take his big body over Samsonov's for that kind of dough

It's all great that he was a stud over in Russia and in the IHL and that he won the Calder. I guess if this were the Russian Elite League or if we were the Vipers and if this was 1998 or whatever and not a decade later then it all might mean something. I mean, other than the 1800 reasons not to get him, yeah, he'd be a good fit for Detroit. :D

Guest jaytan

I can't believe this topic got more than two responses. Only a suicidal idiot would want this guy on a team he cheers for.

First off, what the hell does this have to do with me? No one is saying 'Hey we should sign BringHomeTheCup!, he would be a great pickup.' We are talking about Samsonov, don't make this a personal attack, you will lose.

So let's see, since Jim Carey won the Calder, I guess we should sign him to solve the goaltending issues we have this offseason.

Again, I will restate this, because seemingly you missed the point. Never in a PROFESSIONAL league, has Samsonov scored more than 29 goals, 46 assists, or 75 points. Hell, last year in Junior A, my kid bro put up 97-110-207. Should Kenny try to ink him too?

As far as Samsonov 'leading' the Vipers to the Championship, he didn't even play in ever playoff game, and tied for fifth in playoff points. How is that leading the team to anything?

Look at the stats, they don't lie, Samsonov, at best, is a third liner in the NHL. And we have plenty of those already.

I think we need someone who plays Shanny/Hull's role on the powerplay more than another small, speedy forward.

Scoring 5 on 5 was ok. It was the powerplay that was really embarassing.

Talk about the opposite of years past huh?

The Wings don't need Sammy. I honestly can't even say what they need yet. They need to see who they sign of their own first.

I think we need someone who plays Shanny/Hull's role on the powerplay more than another small, speedy forward.

Scoring 5 on 5 was ok. It was the powerplay that was really embarassing.

you took the words right out of my mouth we need another shooter on the pp

Hell no! Samsonov should take his "selfish, show up what he feels like it" ass over to Europe. He's everything opposite of what the Winged Wheel represents.

the only way i see this happening is if the wings miss out on a lot other free agents and it becomes clear he is the only option ps he seems to me like another ray whitney

Guest GordieSid&Ted

First off, what the hell does this have to do with me? No one is saying 'Hey we should sign BringHomeTheCup!, he would be a great pickup.' We are talking about Samsonov, don't make this a personal attack, you will lose.

So let's see, since Jim Carey won the Calder, I guess we should sign him to solve the goaltending issues we have this offseason.

Again, I will restate this, because seemingly you missed the point. Never in a PROFESSIONAL league, has Samsonov scored more than 29 goals, 46 assists, or 75 points. Hell, last year in Junior A, my kid bro put up 97-110-207. Should Kenny try to ink him too?

As far as Samsonov 'leading' the Vipers to the Championship, he didn't even play in ever playoff game, and tied for fifth in playoff points. How is that leading the team to anything?

Look at the stats, they don't lie, Samsonov, at best, is a third liner in the NHL. And we have plenty of those already.

:clap:

Very nice!

Wingnutt doesn't particularly care, when it comes to Fedorov or any Russian player in this case Samsonov, then they're the last piece of the puzzle. Emotional ties trump reason far too much when it comes to nutt and his homies.

Nice J. Carey reference

PS: I guess to answer Wingnutt's question you can tell him that you just ***** slapped him. That's something you've done

Edited by GordieSid&Ted

I fail to see how this changes the fact that he's a miscreant on the ice. You're saying that, because he's the only gritty scorer on the market, we should take him despite his utter lack of integrity?

Talk about realpolitik.. again, I'll ask: does the integrity of the team mean anything to you? That's a yes or no question. No "in between" answer exists.

Wow, nice job of being an *******.

Yes, the intergrity does mean something to me, but I don't know how bringing in Hartnell will make the whole thing come crashing down. For God sakes, we brought in Bertuzzi, and he's not exactly a fine gent in his own right.

All right, since you seem to know so much, who do suggest we get? Please, I'd like to know. My guess is you're one of the many who believe Slave Kozlov will come in and help, even though we have about 5 basic clones of him on this team already. You're also anti-Smyth, if I can remember. In fact, I have yet to see you make one suggestion of who the team should bring in. So I'd like to hear it now, since you seem to know so much about everything.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Wow, nice job of being an *******.

Yes, the intergrity does mean something to me, but I don't know how bringing in Hartnell will make the whole thing come crashing down. For God sakes, we brought in Bertuzzi, and he's not exactly a fine gent in his own right.

All right, since you seem to know so much, who do suggest we get? Please, I'd like to know. My guess is you're one of the many who believe Slave Kozlov will come in and help, even though we have about 5 basic clones of him on this team already. You're also anti-Smyth, if I can remember. In fact, I have yet to see you make one suggestion of who the team should bring in. So I'd like to hear it now, since you seem to know so much about everything.

There is no doubt in my mind that Kozlov would come in and contribute at a much higher level than Samsonov.

BTW, who are these 5 'clones'?

Because these forums are filled with people that want to hang onto the past, and actually believe Fedorov would still be an effective player. Him and Shanahan both fall into the same department, though the love for Fedorov around here is just sicking sometimes.

[/quote

i think sergei is done