• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Flip-check

SCF Game 5 (6/6): Anaheim 6, Senators 2

Rate this topic

strange is one way to put it... those Ducks, "classy" right up to the end. I have no trouble at all believing the Sens got this sort of treatment. Shame.

You should have seen the practice rink that your Wings sent the Ducks to when they arrived in Detroit for Games 1 and 2. The Ducks' practice rink at home is nicer than the one that they were sent to and my son has played youth games at nicer rinks. There are pictures on the "On the Road" topic on the Ducks website if you want to see it.

And to top it off, the "classy" Ducks found out that the nice lady who was running the rink was going to be out in California for a conference when Game 6 was taking place so they gave her 2 tickets so that she and her friend could see the game. Remember Game 6? The really important game that I know some Red Wing fans out here paid $1000 for to get in to see the game. Well the classy Ducks organization made sure that the nice Red Wings lady got in for free to see HER Red Wings as a way to thank her for helping them out at the rink she ran. I know because I talked to her at Game 6 and she told me how nice she thought the Ducks organization was for doing that.

Bryan Murray knows what the situation is about 5PM games and morning skates. He's just being a whiner.

Here's an idea. Since none of you are going to watch the game, why didn't we just play it at 7PM to accommodate all of us on the west coast and then Bryan and the Sens could have had the morning skate after us and we all would have been happy.

^^

Denying your opponent ice time on the day of a deciding game in the Stanley Cup finals is a poor decision at any level. No comparison to the nice story about some lady and her rink, but... well, that's nice.

I don't have any doubts Murray is embellishing and whining about the Sens having no opportunity to practice, however. He's a complete *** in my opinion. Not that it matters. Since Murray used to be GM in Anaheim, this could very well be some sort of payback from someone in the organization.

Go, Sens, GO!!!!

:P

Edited by puckloo39

You should have seen the practice rink that your Wings sent the Ducks to when they arrived in Detroit for Games 1 and 2. The Ducks' practice rink at home is nicer than the one that they were sent to and my son has played youth games at nicer rinks. There are pictures on the "On the Road" topic on the Ducks website if you want to see it.

http://www.anaheimducks.com/press/feature/...705&id=1707

i don't see anything wrong with the practice rink the ducks were sent to while in detroit. and i would expect their own practice rink at home to be much nicer than the visitor's practice rink at another city. that only makes sense. also, keep in mind that it's detroit we're talking about. things aren't quite as swanky there as they are in the o.c.

http://www.anaheimducks.com/press/feature/...705&id=1707

i don't see anything wrong with the practice rink the ducks were sent to while in detroit. and i would expect their own practice rink at home to be much nicer than the visitor's practice rink at another city. that only makes sense. also, keep in mind that it's detroit we're talking about. things aren't quite as swanky there as they are in the o.c.

If 11 pm isn't enough time to go over the game plan and stretch out before a 5 pm game then i guess Ottawa is just gonna have to throw in the towel. I also don't understand why the practice rink wasn't considered up to snuff,they did have ice to practice on.

I didn't see anything wrong with the practice rink but what's this about?IPB Image

I thought the Ducks had the Disney tie in..? :crazy::P

You didn't hear about disneys plan to buy the wings? Mighty Wings Of Anaheim,hmmm not bad really.

So I woke up today and for some odd reason said to myself that the Ducks are NOT going to win the Cup tonight. That it'll go 7 games. That's right.

Sens either win it 4-0 or 3-2 in OT.

GO SENS GO!

I hope your right!

I think the Ducks get on them early and cruise to a 4-1 victory. Empty netter by Brad May, just because.

Great minds think alike, I was going to post the same score. However, I think Anaheim is going to score the first 4 goals, then Ottawa get's one mid-way through the 3rd.

It's over tonight!

I had a friend about an hour ago (he's a "Canadian Homer" and is cheering for Ottawa BIG TIME!!), wanting to bet me Ottawa is going to win tonight. My response was, "Nah, I don't want to take your money".

Great minds think alike, I was going to post the same score. However, I think Anaheim is going to score the first 4 goals, then Ottawa get's one mid-way through the 3rd.

It's over tonight!

I had a friend about an hour ago (he's a "Canadian Homer" and is cheering for Ottawa BIG TIME!!), wanting to bet me Ottawa is going to win tonight. My response was, "Nah, I don't want to take your money".

Yep! I originally thought a 4-0 lead as well, but i switched it to accomodate a May empty netter. I think it'll be 3-0, then like you said Ottawa finally scoring midway in the 3rd. We're on the same page for sure. The Ducks know how to finish,and Ottawa is too deflated now, I'd be shocked if the outcome doesnt appear decided within the first 40 minutes.

Edited by Lou_Siffer

Yep! I originally thought a 4-0 lead as well, but i switched it to accomodate a May empty netter. I think it'll be 3-0, then like you said Ottawa finally scoring midway in the 3rd. We're on the same page for sure. The Ducks know how to finish,and Ottawa is too deflated now, I'd be shocked if the outcome doesnt appear decided within the first 40 minutes.

You got the score right, just the wrong team. ;)

You got the score right, just the wrong team. ;)

Nope, not this time! You know, its still not too late to jump aboard with Anaheim, like a true gentleman i've been saving you a seat this whole series ;)

Goal scorers (just for you) : Pronger, Perry (x2), May :)

And to top it off, the "classy" Ducks found out that the nice lady who was running the rink was going to be out in California for a conference when Game 6 was taking place so they gave her 2 tickets so that she and her friend could see the game. Remember Game 6? The really important game that I know some Red Wing fans out here paid $1000 for to get in to see the game. Well the classy Ducks organization made sure that the nice Red Wings lady got in for free to see HER Red Wings as a way to thank her for helping them out at the rink she ran. I know because I talked to her at Game 6 and she told me how nice she thought the Ducks organization was for doing that.

Bryan Murray knows what the situation is about 5PM games and morning skates. He's just being a whiner.

Here's an idea. Since none of you are going to watch the game, why didn't we just play it at 7PM to accommodate all of us on the west coast and then Bryan and the Sens could have had the morning skate after us and we all would have been happy.

The fact is that most people in Anaheim could care less about this game tonight. And some that seem to care are just on the bandwagon hoping for a party. To the honest Duck fans: Congratulations for making the finals and good luck tonight. GO SENS!

Nope, not this time! You know, its still not too late to jump aboard with Anaheim, like a true gentleman i've been saving you a seat this whole series ;)

Goal scorers (just for you) : Pronger, Perry (x2), May :)

Hahaha ewwwwww.

You know..I truly appreciate you saving me a seat, but I think I'll pass. ;)

Game time.

GO SENS!!!!!!

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

It's funny they call that penalty there, the one impeding the forechecker? LOL where was that call in the Red Wings series, or any other series for that matter? Gimme a break.

On another note, what is with Anaheim picking people to sing the national anthem who have no singing ability? My God.

Gimme Karen Newman and her low cut shirts anyday.