• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Dustin Penner?

Rate this topic

Guest nutz2u

Hate is a pretty strong word, no I don't hate him. It's just that I have watched every game he has played for the Wings and there is just no way that he is worth 5.625M and it wouldn't matter if he was 33 instead of 38. If Niedermayer does retire the Ducks are a lot worse defensively then they were last year. Think about what he brings besides the big shot.His shot selection? accuracy? defensive awarness? It all leaves alot to be desired.

That's because many LGWers are not serious about winning. They'd rather speculate about Selanne, who won't play for any other team but Anaheim.

Do you ever post ANYTHING to contribute to good discussion? Just another smart ass comment by Zion.

Hate is a pretty strong word, no I don't hate him. It's just that I have watched every game he has played for the Wings and there is just no way that he is worth 5.625M and it wouldn't matter if he was 33 instead of 38. If Niedermayer does retire the Ducks are a lot worse defensively then they were last year. Think about what he brings besides the big shot.His shot selection? accuracy? defensive awarness? It all leaves alot to be desired.

If he retires, the D will not be as good as least year...but the addition of Shane Hnidy definitely helps bolster the bottom end of it. He's a huge upgrade over Huskins or Dipenta. Beauchemin is also a top 2 caliber defenseman imo, so they'll still be a good group with him and Pronger leading the way.

If Neidermayer does stick around, they will have easily one of the best defenses in recent memory.

Neidermayer - Beauchemin

Pronger - Schneider

Hnidy - O'Donnell

That is sick. Not exactly young so the window would be fairly short, but for next season you wouldnt find anything even remotely close to being better.

If he retires, the D will not be as good as least year...but the addition of Shane Hnidy definitely helps bolster the bottom end of it. He's a huge upgrade over Huskins or Dipenta. Beauchemin is also a top 2 caliber defenseman imo, so they'll still be a good group with him and Pronger leading the way.

If Neidermayer does stick around, they will have easily one of the best defenses in recent memory.

Neidermayer - Beauchemin

Pronger - Schneider

Hnidy - O'Donnell

That is sick. Not exactly young so the window would be fairly short, but for next season you wouldnt find anything even remotely close to being better.

That would indeed be one of the best NHL defence's ever put together , but for me the Ducks are gonna end up with egg on their face's . they're throwing that many high salaries around that when the time come's to re-sign all their up and coming young player's they ain't gonna have that much money left to spend on them.

That would indeed be one of the best NHL defence's ever put together , but for me the Ducks are gonna end up with egg on their face's . they're throwing that many high salaries around that when the time come's to re-sign all their up and coming young player's they ain't gonna have that much money left to spend on them.

Well they definitely signed Schneider with the thought that Niedermayer is retiring, because that is a ton of money to have invested in your blue line. Im not sure when Getzlaf and Perry are due up, if its in 2 years then they'll be fine with Schneider and Bertuzzi coming off the books.

Guest nutz2u

Well they definitely signed Schneider with the thought that Niedermayer is retiring, because that is a ton of money to have invested in your blue line. Im not sure when Getzlaf and Perry are due up, if its in 2 years then they'll be fine with Schneider and Bertuzzi coming off the books.

Next year they have to sign,Getzlaf, Kunitz, Perry, Rome and possibly Penner, depending what happens with arbitration.

Penner has size, grit and the Ducks should be closing in on the cap. No reason to not make a bid for him. We need to bring more balance to our scoring, and that means being able to crash the net.

Penner has size, grit and the Ducks should be closing in on the cap. No reason to not make a bid for him. We need to bring more balance to our scoring, and that means being able to crash the net.

If Niedermayer doesn't retire and/or Selanne re-signs... Extending Dustin Penner would be out of the question for them.

has Penner gone to arbitration? I'm just wondering why he hasn't re-signed yet

would Penner be worth offering $3.5-$4 million to? the Ducks are 2 million under the cap...that includes Niedermayer but not Selanne...it'd be an interesting way at getting back at the Ducks...if the Wings offered him $4 million/year and the Ducks matched it they wouldn't be able to re-sign Selanne and it might force Niedermayer to retire if they can't afford both their salaries...is there anyone they could get rid of via trade?

Nothing will "force" Neidermayer to retire. He'll either play, or he won't.

Same with Teemu. I am not sure why Penner isn't signed, nor am I sure why the Wings (or anyone else) haven't offered him anything, yet.

Guest nutz2u

I thught he was going to arbitration but hes' not on the list. Last season he was listed as making $450,000, $57,000 less than '05/ '06 :unsure: pretty weird.