• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rice

Boynton on Waivers?

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

RDS

Article is in French but it says Boynton and Adams have been placed on waivers. I'd definitely take a shot at Boynton.

$3m is iffy.

Guest DetroitIan

No way we pay Boynton 3 mill. That would be really dumb. Maybe 1.5 mill. But for anything more than that, I'll pass.

tsn scouts make it sound like he is a lot like schneider offensively but better in his own zone, i say forget schneider and pick him up.

Assets: Plays a physical game and loves a heavy workload. Is extremely reliable in the defensive zone. Is a very smooth skater and excellent puck-handler. Possesses a hard, accurate shot from the point.

Flaws: May not put up the points expected of him at the NHL level, unless he starts hitting the net with his shots more frequently.

Career potential: No. 1 defenseman.

tsn scouts make it sound like he is a lot like schneider offensively but better in his own zone, i say forget schneider and pick him up.

Assets: Plays a physical game and loves a heavy workload. Is extremely reliable in the defensive zone. Is a very smooth skater and excellent puck-handler. Possesses a hard, accurate shot from the point.

Flaws: May not put up the points expected of him at the NHL level, unless he starts hitting the net with his shots more frequently.

he had potential when he was younger , i dont think he will ever be a number 1 defencemen , hes not awful but not worth 3 million , hes a top 4 defencemen on better teams

And he hasnt had a full season in the nhl for a while now i believe

Edited by kindlwillbegreat

I brought this up in the other Boynton thread, how in the world can his asset be an accurate shot, but his flaw is he can't hit the net. To me that makes this scouting report void of meaning. It contradicts itself, and I agree there is no way Boynton is a 1 or 2 d-man in this league. He may play on a top pairing but if Kronwall played with lids does that make him the wings 2 know it would be cheli, schnieds, or markov before Kronwall.

Edited by Opie

Guest DetroitIan

Nick Boyton is absolutely not, and never will be, a number 1 defenseman. Top 4 yeah. But no way he's ever a number 1 d-man in the NHL.

But he has played more than Kronwall over those past two seasons. Kronwall however played better over the past two years, injury hampered or not.

kronwall played 95 games

biynton 113 games

+ 18 .........who cares , id rather have kronwall and his potential then boynton , most of the games he missed during the season were groin injuries and in the playoffs it was a fluke injury , his luck is due to change , and if he performs to his potential we'll all be celebrating how good of a deal we got him locked up at , id take kronwal over boynton any day

kronwall played 95 games

biynton 113 games

+ 18 .........who cares , id rather have kronwall and his potential then boynton , most of the games he missed during the season were groin injuries and in the playoffs it was a fluke injury , his luck is due to change , and if he performs to his potential we'll all be celebrating how good of a deal we got him locked up at , id take kronwal over boynton any day

Easy. I said that Kronwall played better in a lesser amount of games. I agree with you 100% Kronwall over Boynton any day. Kronwall is an injury fiend thats all.

Edited by superstarsingh

Easy. I said that Kronwall played better in a lesser amount of games. I agree with you 100% Kronwall over Boynton any day. Kronwall is an injury fiend thats all.

ya i know im just saying though boynton has been injured as well , and kronwall has had really awful luck since he got here it hasnt been one specific injury always getting down though so thats a plus , i still got high hopes for the guy , he won mvp in the olympics against some really great players from the nhl , hes got all the tools to be a good one a,d at 5 yrs for 3 mill per , it could very well end up being a nice steal for us

I think it is a good move if we lose matty and strike out with better d men

Boynton isn't worth 3m.

Now, if we can't keep Schneider or sign a replacement, he might be worth picking up. I say wait until Phoenix buys him out, and offer him 1m for the same two years that had just been bought out. That gives him basically 4m for two years, more than he's worth and a chance to prove he deserves more than 1m.

Yes but look how hard it is to crack our line-up as a d-man we drafted...