• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest GordieSid&Ted

The Wings are done adding to the defense, right?

Rate this topic

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I keep seeing people posting that we need to get another dman. Has Holland said we're going to add another D?

Lidstrom

Lilja

Rafalski

Kronwall

Chelios

Lebda

Quincy

Meech

Kindl

I would think we were set on defense. On a personal note, I like the Rafalski signing but sheesh, could our defense be any smaller. I think my high school team had a bigger group of top 6 than these guys. We better get bigger up front b/c we're awfully small on the back end. I love being a talented team but talent and size trumps talent and lack of size every time, Anaheim proved that one.

i think were done but id like it if we would trade say lilja for a pick and maybe go for vishnevski at 2.5 , so it would only be another 1.5 we'd lose on the current 8 mill we got left to play with , -2.5 for hasek , and we got 4 million to play with ( bertuzzi or guerin)

I also think they should wait it out and see how things progress with Quincy, Meech & Kindl competing for the 7th slot. Lilja played extremely well at the end of the season and playoffs minus that debacle in OT. No he isn't going to add points, but his PK play is very good. Rafalski is going to eat up a ton of minutes in all situations. Kronwall playing an entire season sure would help things.

I keep seeing people posting that we need to get another dman. Has Holland said we're going to add another D?

Lidstrom

Lilja

Rafalski

Kronwall

Chelios

Lebda

Quincy

Meech

Kindl

I would think we were set on defense. On a personal note, I like the Rafalski signing but sheesh, could our defense be any smaller. I think my high school team had a bigger group of top 6 than these guys. We better get bigger up front b/c we're awfully small on the back end. I love being a talented team but talent and size trumps talent and lack of size every time, Anaheim proved that one.

You forgot about Eriksson

Edited by DEVILSWATERBOY

Guest DetroitIan

I dont think we are done adding to the D. Holland said it may even be a month. But It sounded like he's gonna sign one more defenseman. Whether it be sooner or later.

if Kindl is ready then I see no reason to shop for yet another D-man.

keep it something like

Nick, Kindl

Rafalski, Kronwall

Chelli, Quincey

and have Lebda as 7th D-man. he doesn't "per-se" deserve a roster spot after horrible playoffs, but is a guy who can still mature and become reliable and be less mistake-prone, so he's worth keeping

if Kindl is ready then I see no reason to shop for yet another D-man.

keep it something like

Nick, Kindl

Rafalski, Kronwall

Chelli, Quincey

and have Lebda as 7th D-man. he doesn't "per-se" deserve a roster spot after horrible playoffs, but is a guy who can still mature and become reliable and be less mistake-prone, so he's worth keeping

I didn't catch every playoff game so don't take this as trying to flame:

Why was Lebda so horrible in the PO and what happened to Lilja on your list.

I didn't catch every playoff game so don't take this as trying to flame:

Why was Lebda so horrible in the PO and what happened to Lilja on your list.

good point with Lilja. I'd probably have him alternate with Kindl and/or Quincey,

depending on what kind of team we face.

as for Lebda - it seems to me he was most physically manhandled and made

most stupid plays without being properly pressured, of all Wings defenseman.

even Lilja, though not overly spectacular, was more "safe" in his own end.

yes, I remember that last goal, but other than that it was Lebda who seemed

to be creating most rushes of the Ducks.

i imagine they're looking for a 500k guy to be #7 D so that chelly can have some time off and quincey, meech, ericsson and kindl can get major time in GR..just a guess, altough i don't think it's necessary..

but maybe i have too much faith in the young guys..i would have liked our defense without rafalski

Edited by Cicada

Thanks, the only reason I said anything is I remember being impressed by his ability to take advantage of rushes up the ice, and clear the wings zone with some speed, but I don't remember much of him in the defensive zone defensively. I did notice he was great at starting the attack, much like 4 of the other guys play D with a wing on their chest.

Unless the deal of all deals comes around, I would definitely hold off on adding another Dman. Our unit is solid right now, and IMO adding that second line sniper should be the top prority (given that Hasek is signed).

It'll be interesting to see if they are able to sign Bert what kind of room they'll have left. To me, I would love to possibly get a second tier forward (along with Bert) to compliment the scoring, and then hold off until the deadline to sign a more solid Dman, if need be.

Exactly what plays had Lebda made that stood out as a poor Dman because I honestly thought he played well, & was the only guy on our blueline that was capable of skating the puck outta our end on a regular basis.

am I supposed to recall exact games, periods, minutes and opposing players?

not gonna do that. I just recall bad impressions Lebda made with some bad plays in dangerous situations.

which didn't result from his lack of skill or whatever, but of pressumably lack of focus, maybe too much

fatigue, maybe just lack of some smartness.

What some here are forgetting is that this is really Lebda's 1st full season under his belt...Yeah he won't be able to clear the crease due to his lack of size, but he's by far our fastest Dman, & beats the majority of opposing forwards to the puck.

Give him another year, or 2 & he'll be even better.

that's what I'm saying. I'm pretty aware he's not entirely developed and he may become a solid

D-man soon. and yes, I'm aware it was his 1st full year. but in comparison with Lebda, Quincey

came out and played more solid D, and even if he was less flashy, he was definitely more

reliable in his own end which is crucial in playoffs. that's why I'm willing to give my nod to

Quincey. I'm for a defensive D-men, who are first about not yielding scoring chances and only

then about creating something with the puck

though, in regular season the later is not of this importance and playing Lebda who is ready

for NHL now, might also be a better option. if this helps him develop into a steady blueliner

for April - I'm all for that

Guest jaytan

... I love being a talented team but talent and size trumps talent and lack of size every time, Anaheim proved that one.

While I definitely agree with what you're going for, I do have to point out that talent and size didn't work for San Jose.

I really don't like how the Wings favor finesse over force, though.