• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingNut_in_WV

Guerin signs with the Islanders

Rate this topic

Overpaying for Guerin is not what the Wings need to do. I don't know why everyone thinks our offense will suck so bad. I rather liked the lines in the playoffs - and we scored alot of goals. While it's not the cure for everything, we can pick up a winger in March if needed....

Guest Crymson

Damn. I wanted Guerin here.... but not for that much money. No wonder Holland hasn't been that active. GM's be overpaying!

Not much left out there now. I'll be curious to see how our offense does this year.

We'll have zero trouble making the playoffs, and at present we'll be well set for cap space at the deadline. We'll be OK.

Notice: there was a typo on TSN. The contract by the Islanders is actually for TWO HUNDRED years.

Hahaha.

Ah. I can breathe again.

I would have ripped Holland up and down for weeks if he would have signed Guerin. Definitly not what the Wings need.

Looks like the Islanders continued their usual trend of overpaying players way more then their worth. First Fedotenko, now Guerin and Comrie. That's like a triple whammy! :P

Well at least now Guerin won't have to worry about disappearing in the playoffs, since the Islanders won't be going there anytime soon. Thank you Ken Holland for not signing Guerin. I'm not sure Guerin can even be classified as a top six forward anymore. Excellent non-move made by Holland.

We'll have zero trouble making the playoffs, and at present we'll be well set for cap space at the deadline. We'll be OK.

Notice: there was a typo on TSN. The contract by the Islanders is actually for TWO HUNDRED years.

Hahaha.

They were actually just quoting Guerin's age. :ph34r:

Let the insults toward Kenny commence.

Before you start, see contract details: 2 years/$9m. $4.5m per year. Go Isles.

I find myself agreeing with Crymson (first time in weeks :lol: ),none of the remaining forward UFA's who were left after July 2nd are not what we need. Kenny chose the right path here,re-sign Hasek & Huds and still got cap space to make trade deadline interesting.

I'm thinking there will be a one more surprise signing - a la Greg Johnson.

Edited by FinRedWing