• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SweWings

Z: I want to spend my career in Detroit

Rate this topic

We can't begin to negotiate with Z, until next year, right?... I think a 7 year contract would be good.... He'll avoid Dats by a couple of years in expiration. I think 2, 7 year deals at about 47 Million would be good.

I'm thinking it's going to be more $$ than that with cap trends...

Guest jaytan

Who doesn't say that?

I don't really expect him to play for Detroit for the rest of his career. I don't expect that out of anyone these days.

Someone over at HFBoards had a slightly more in depth translation. This part was interesting, which would allude to potential salary demands next year.

Next summer there's contract negotiations waiting with Detroit. One would guess that his 18M (sek) would transform into 50M (sek).

- We'll see what happens. But I can't complain over the money I make today.

Sometimes it feels like you are ashamed of your salary.

- No, I'm not. But it feels a bit odd ... when people say that I'm underpaid.

this reliable source on the girlfriend thing is wrong...i have a friend who knows the girl hes dating shes a bartender and thats definatly not her.

Emma Andersson is not a bartender. Unless your saying he was seeing someone this season while Emma was still back in Sweden.

Who doesn't say that?

I don't really expect him to play for Detroit for the rest of his career. I don't expect that out of anyone these days.

Speaking of people I thought would end their careers in Detroit: Shanny.

The worst thing about getting older is the cynicism it gives one, AND the remembrance of history.

Ahhh, '97 SC rally: Brendan Shanahan brought fans to their feet, and me to tears, when he said, "I told (TPTB) that I was looking for a home. I found it here in Detroit."

Flash forward 10 years: Shanny uses the SAME DAMN LINE on NY.

The very worst thing about living long, about history is that one is forced to watch the despicable lack of imagination on the part of PR reps. :rolleyes:

I want to believe this report... but history tells me it's all a lot of spin game, and I don't play that any longer.

Ahhh the old when the cat's away the mice will play!!!!!

I respectfully ask this aspect of the thread to stop.

(HMom, it's not you, you're just responding)

Mods?

What seems to be the problem?

This is a hockey forum.

There's inappropriate discussion on here about a player's personal life.

(sorry, I REALLY don't mean to be a traffic cop, and I love goss as much as the next person. It just shouldn't happen here)

(PM me with The Good Stuff, tho! :cool:

:rolleyes:

You know what kills me, HMom, is that, on this thread, the gossip-- somthing with which ia near-synonymous with the feminine gender-- has all come from MEN.

Stop drooling over Zata's supposed girlfriends, guys. It makes you look like a bunch of Georges pining for Merediths (and if you get that reference... ehhh, you/ll be lusting Z rather... ehmmm... cuz, yer like that)

:P

Edited by RedRockit

I am so pumped! I love Z! I hope he stays here, has a long productive career, and ends up next to Stevie in the rafters (his number, that is).

side note:

So does Emma moving here mean that Kronner is the undisputed #1 unattached Red Wing hunk? Or am I dreaming?

back to topic:

Has anyone heard how his wrist is doing? I'm sure the offseason is good for resting it. It's a chronic problem, though, right? Any worries about this? I'd hate to see someone that great not be able to live up to his potential.

In the blue box on the right side of the article he talks about his wrist and also about his back. Seems like his wrist isn't giving him trouble anymore.

I have tried a translation of the interesting parts.

Zata about...

...his wrist pain:

I have had problems with the wrist for many years, but last winter I got help rom Kent Lindgren from Sundsvall. He stated that everything depended on that I had a lack of chemical substances(???)- so I began to eat some salt supplement. A couple of weeks later everything was fine. Totally fantastic.

...his back pain:

That is a problem with a disc that was the reason that I missed the last 19 games of the regular season. I received pain killers during the play-offs. I have now relaxed and it feels much, much better. But I don't really know before fall when the hard practise begins.

Guest DetroitIan

Gotta love it. We can only hope this guy retires in the winged wheel. What a player. What a guy. Zetterberg will be the next captain of this team.

Guest Crymson

He's modest and a real team guy if he thinks he isnt underpaid. But I like that in a player , sorta like how Stevie was.

$2.5m per year is, in absolute terms, a lot of money.

This may seem like an odd question but does anybody know the background on this guy, did he grow up poor, or working class. Because his statements and what it seems like he is looking for $$ make him seem very working class, blue collar, and not the comedy redneck s*** either.

It is amazing to read his comments and then pop over to the Yashin thread and read that assholes comments.

This may seem like an odd question but does anybody know the background on this guy, did he grow up poor, or working class. Because his statements and what it seems like he is looking for $$ make him seem very working class, blue collar, and not the comedy redneck s*** either.

It is amazing to read his comments and then pop over to the Yashin thread and read that assholes comments.

I don't know a lot about his background. I just know that his father used to play hockey for a team in the second league until he was 30.

That's a very good question, actually. He seems so down to earth and decent. I really want him as a WingForLife, but then I thought Shanny would be one...

...and here, of all people, is Chris Chelios-- a WingForLife.

The Winged Wheel moves in mysterious ways, its wonders to reveal.

Yes, @ the current rate for Hank it is a bargain...Me thinks next summer when Holland is allowed to negotiate another contract it'll be 3 times what he's getting paid now.

If Zetterberg gets 7.5M next year, itll be a steal. Heatley is looking at 10M.

Im guessing Zetterberg sings 7-8 years, 7.2M per

Emmas musicvideo

Little offtopic now but.. Here is Henriks girlfriends musicvideo. I think was her only hahahaha

oh well.. just in case you wanted to see her in motion

Zetterberg is already on discount. I wonder if he will take more of them

As someone's sig here fittingly says: Z follows Y. It would be great to see him retire with the team that drafted him, a rather rare phenomenon these days. But that's what the Wings are all about, loyalty and longevity.

rarity these days but Z has had some good teachers in Detroit , Stevie, Lids and Homer lets face it Wings set the bar on how to treat there stars and we can not forget us the fans :clap:

Someone over at HFBoards had a slightly more in depth translation. This part was interesting, which would allude to potential salary demands next year.

This may seem like an odd question but does anybody know the background on this guy, did he grow up poor, or working class. Because his statements and what it seems like he is looking for $$ make him seem very working class

it really sounds like he probably grew up without much.

athletes make so much money as it is.

its so refreshing to see a player really appreciate and put things in perspective while making NHL salary.