• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

msm2000

NHL NETWORK IN THE US

Rate this topic

Does anyone have any new info about the NHL NETWORK being broadcast in the US? It is supposed to be out sometime this year. When you go to nhl.com it says to contact your local provider because it is coming soon.

You better believe that Comcast will have this carried in most markets that have Vs. Keep in mind that a NHL network in the US was part of the contract between Vs and the NHL. Vs is owned by Comcast. What I am not sure about is if it will be the same NHL network that broadcasts out of Canada or if will be their own network or possibly a hybrid of the two.

it'll probably be about 2 hours of hockey and 22 hours of paid programming.

OK. Here's the deal. This comes from the NHL's TV guy. I asked particularly about DirecTV, since that is what I have:

"Thanks for your e-mail. The NHL Network has been on the air in Canada since 2001. We are looking to distribute a very similar channel in the US, hopefully as early as this fall. We are currently discussing carriage arrangements with the major carriers, including DirecTV. Unfortunately, these deals take time to complete. Please continue to check NHL.com for releases.

"My suggestion would be to stay with DirecTV. If the service does not carry the channel initially, it probably will at some point thereafter. The Network will be 24/7 with a ticker. The programming will be classic games, some live games, features, all-access shows - kind of like a combination of ESPN News and ESPN Classic for hockey. During the season, there will be a nightly highlight, cut-in show called "NHL on the Fly". The channel should be considered a hockey news supplement to NHL Center Ice, not a substitution for it. If you like hockey, you'll love this channel."

Sounds just like the Canadian NHL Network channel.
Yep, and I'd take that over what we got here anyday.

I read on the Wiki discussion page that it may start Oct. 31st. I sure hope so!

OK. Here's the deal. This comes from the NHL's TV guy. I asked particularly about DirecTV, since that is what I have:

"Thanks for your e-mail. The NHL Network has been on the air in Canada since 2001. We are looking to distribute a very similar channel in the US, hopefully as early as this fall. We are currently discussing carriage arrangements with the major carriers, including DirecTV. Unfortunately, these deals take time to complete. Please continue to check NHL.com for releases.

"My suggestion would be to stay with DirecTV. If the service does not carry the channel initially, it probably will at some point thereafter. The Network will be 24/7 with a ticker. The programming will be classic games, some live games, features, all-access shows - kind of like a combination of ESPN News and ESPN Classic for hockey. During the season, there will be a nightly highlight, cut-in show called "NHL on the Fly". The channel should be considered a hockey news supplement to NHL Center Ice, not a substitution for it. If you like hockey, you'll love this channel."

For this I would gladly give up the NFL Channels, the NBA Channel, horse racing, Golf Channel, Tennis, Soccer, home shopping channels, religious programming - I don't even watch any of that s***. Can you catch my drift here? I WANT THIS CHANNEL!!!!

Check out this week's schedule. Is it possible to DVR an entire week of programming? This would be a hockey lover's dream come true! I hope Dish Network comes on board.

http://www.tsn.ca/broadcast/evening.asp?Ch...l=NHLN&TZ=0

Man! I only wish I had that channel!

I wish somebody would stream it on Sopcast.