• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GoCryWolfe

Derek Boogard Fight School

Rate this topic

Guest jaytan

1 Great team without an enforcer please, actually scratch that, 1 stanley cup winning team without an enforcer. SHIP IT PLEASE

I'm pretty much 100 per cent on your side of this debate, but just for argument's sake I'll say the '02 Wings didn't have an enforcer. McCarty, maybe, but he was already much less of an enforcer than he was earlier in his career.

Knowing how to fight is important. Defensive fighting is important.

There's a huge difference between learning how to go about knocking people around and knowing how to stop someone from knocking you around. From what I read earlier, Boogard is teaching how to fight so that if one is challenged, one doesn't end up a glob of injured goo.

I agree with sending Huds and anyone else from our team to that sort of training. I'd say add Dats to the list. Who would expect it from a two-time Lady Byng winner? The next time someone takes liberties with him or Hank, he'll be the most unexpected enforcer in the NHL.

OK, I'm dreaming, but you get my point. Having a couple of guys who will stand up for themselves would go a long way towards a tough team without adding unnecessary goonery. Keeps the opposition honest.

"I'm pretty much 100 per cent on your side of this debate, but just for argument's sake I'll say the '02 Wings didn't have an enforcer. McCarty, maybe, but he was already much less of an enforcer than he was earlier in his career."

I hear what you were saying, and I agree with you about McCarty's decline as the "enforcer" he had been in years past. However the 2002 team had a handfull of others willing to drop the mitts on a somewhat frequent basis:

McCarty- 7 FM

Avery- 6 FM

Shanny- 6 FM

Fischer and J. Wallin with a fight a piece.

So ya you're right we did not have a bonified enforcer, but we had it spread out, policing the team that is.

I miss the Boogeyman. And enforcers in general.

On 9/28/2020 at 1:10 PM, CatBoyRossi said:

WTF? Boogard was literally running a fighting school for kids? This is probably the most egregious example of toxic-masculinity and hyper violence Ive seen in hockey yet....

Article from NY Times today: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/28/sports/hockey/stanley-cup-fights-nhl-video.html

Your complaining about fighting in hockey when you have a Hammer and Sickle in your avatar. Communism has killed like 100 million more people than fighting in hockey. But this board isn't political based, so i'll leave it at that.

Edited by chaps80