• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

Elkund says these players are on the Detroit radar.

Rate this topic

Markov is the only one who interests me.

I never liked Peter Forsberg, for obvious reasons. The man is a tool, with his constant diving and s***. That said, if he wanted to play here for the right price, I wouldn't say no. He might fit here.

McCarty is a dinosaur, and there are far better players who can play his role still left in free agency. Plus, we just signed Dallas Drake. No need for McCarty.

Niinimaa used to be a really good defenseman for the Oilers, but he's really sucked lately, especially last year in Montreal. Besides, we need physical defenseman, and Niinimaa is not that type of player. If the market dries up and he's still left, than maybe it could be considered. He's still probably better than Lilja.

Ekman is the perfect example of what the Wings do not need. A small, European forward who does not have any grit at all. He had some good seasons under his belt in San Jose, but I still do not want him. Unless Samulesson was dumped in the process, since Ekman is better than Samulesson.

The last two names were more or less pulled out of Eklunds ass (surprise surprise). I don't know how he comes up with Niinimaa and Ekman, though it does make sense in some cases: They are both "Ken Holland" type players, meaning their both small, offensive minded Europeans.

I wouldn't mind Ekman, because he is our type of player. I know that he could be depth player that would free up people like Franzen or cleary for the second line and bring their tenacious play to the fore front.

Markov of course is someone I would like to have, I would much rather him be the Lilja of the team then Lilja.

According to these projections,

the team could end up looking very weird.

Zetter Pavel Homer

Franzen/hudler Forsberg Samuelson/Igor

Malts Draper Cleary

Hudler/Drake Val Igor/Samuelson/Ekman/Drake

Edited by Majsheppard

I never liked Peter Forsberg, for obvious reasons. The man is a tool, with his constant diving and s***. That said, if he wanted to play here for the right price, I wouldn't say no. He might fit here.

McCarty is a dinosaur, and there are far better players who can play his role still left in free agency. Plus, we just signed Dallas Drake. No need for McCarty.

Niinimaa used to be a really good defenseman for the Oilers, but he's really sucked lately, especially last year in Montreal. Besides, we need physical defenseman, and Niinimaa is not that type of player. If the market dries up and he's still left, than maybe it could be considered. He's still probably better than Lilja.

Ekman is the perfect example of what the Wings do not need. A small, European forward who does not have any grit at all. He had some good seasons under his belt in San Jose, but I still do not want him. Unless Samulesson was dumped in the process, since Ekman is better than Samulesson.

The last two names were more or less pulled out of Eklunds ass (surprise surprise). I don't know how he comes up with Niinimaa and Ekman, though it does make sense in some cases: They are both "Ken Holland" type players, meaning their both small, offensive minded Europeans.

Even the crappy players that no one seems to want are still way better than our top six forward & our "playoff-beast".

:lol:

:thumbup:

Even the crappy players that no one seems to want are still way better than our top six forward & our "playoff-beast".

:lol:

:thumbup:

Hey, it's true.

On an overall scale, I'd much rather have Ekman and Niinimaa over Samulesson and Lilja. If those two were the only ones I could have instead. Obviously if I had my own choice, I'd choose someone else.

I believe Ekman could thrive on our second line. He is not girtty so much, and is not going to provide us with any sort of toughness, but I am also pretty sure that he isn't some "soft" euro either. I am serious when I say that a Ekman - Zetterberg - Holmstrom line could easily clean up.

I would be intersted in Forsberg too, but only for a 1 year 3 mil (at most) deal.

I would also take a chance on Lindros for 1 year at around 2 mil, since it is no mystery that Yzerman has wanted him to play here and that he has pondered it as well.

I would want Markov back but for no more than 2.5 mil.

There are other players that we could potentially get after their arbitration hearings, so we'll see. I am pretty sure that we will sign a forward before training camp, but we'll just have to wait and see if Eklund can blindly throw his darts and get one to stick.

Hey, it's true.

On an overall scale, I'd much rather have Ekman and Niinimaa over Samulesson and Lilja. If those two were the only ones I could have instead. Obviously if I had my own choice, I'd choose someone else.

Asham and Cairns? :D

Peter Forsberg apparently is feeling really good after his surgery. The Avs might be interested also, though, and they have a good chunk of money (6-7M?) left under the cap as well.

As for Forsberg, what do you mean he might fit in here? Hed be the 8th of 8 Swedes.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Forsberg?

Zetterberg-Forsberg-Sammy/Holmstrom?

If Kronwall breaks out this year and we had Forsberg, our "swedish 5" just may finally rival the russian 5..

Zetterberg-Forsberg-Holmstrom

Lidstrom-Kronwall

Funniest thing I've read all day.

Funniest thing I've read all day.

Why? Because I hate him, yet wouldn't be against signing him?

At this point, there isn't dick left in the top 6 forward market. Forsberg, for as much of a s***bag he is, is the only truly decent top 6 forward left that can still be a dominant forward in the league. These guys like Yashin and what not are all crapshoots. You never know when their actually going to play to their potential.

In all honesty, I wish Holland would sign Jeff O'Neill instead, and Forsberg would just go back to Sweden. I can't stand Forsberg. Again though, if Jeff O'Neill gets signed and Forsberg is the only decent forward left, we might as well take him. Our 2nd line is pretty non-existant right now.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Guest DetroitIan

Well, out of Peter Forsberg, Darren McCarty, Danny Markov, Janne Niinimaa and Nils Ekman. The ones I would pick that I think could help the Wings would be, Peter Forsberg, Darren McCarty, Danny Markov, Janne Niinimaa and Nils Ekman. lol

peter forsberg is an elite player, even still. If he's even 85% healthy in the playoffs he's our third best forward (maybe second depending if either one of the twins is having a bad series)

Anyone who wouldn't want him on our team if he's healthy and cheap for a player of his caliber, is really ignorant.

Most of our super stars are swedish, Forsberg is a national hero in sweden, So is lidstrom, Z and Holmstrom. The chemistry of a Zetterberg-forsberg-holmtrom-lidstrom-kronwall (if healthy) would be unbelievable. Russian Five my tail, 1997 was along time ago. We get forsberg and the swedish 5 runs rough shot over everyone.

Why? Because I hate him, yet wouldn't be against signing him?

At this point, there isn't dick left in the top 6 forward market. Forsberg, for as much of a s***bag he is, is the only truly decent top 6 forward left that can still be a dominant forward in the league. These guys like Yashin and what not are all crapshoots. You never know when their actually going to play to their potential.

In all honesty, I wish Holland would sign Jeff O'Neill instead, and Forsberg would just go back to Sweden. I can't stand Forsberg. Again though, if Jeff O'Neill gets signed and Forsberg is the only decent forward left, we might as well take him. Our 2nd line is pretty non-existant right now.

I'd rather sign Jeff O'Neill too - it's safer - and then go for a BIG name and overpay next year.

And I wrote funny cause your post sounded funny. I'm not going to give a reason, it's just funny. And he isn't a diver. If it is an emotional thing that's fine. I can't stand Gretzky myself and find that amusing too.

Eklund today:

Peter Forsberg.

Yesterday in Nashville I put out that Peter has officially said he would only return to one of three teams...The Flyers, Avs, or Preds. It is very possible that the team with the best shot may indeed be the Preds. Peter made several friends in Nashville, liked the area, and did indeed say to the Preds staff as he was packing up, "Hope to see you in the Fall." Peter is alot of things, but one thing he is not is a person who just says things to be nice or without a reason. I had a few people in the Preds organization confirm with me as the day went on that they would not rule it out at all...

I am also hearing that the Red Wings will get into this, but I have yet to hear Peter say that he would go there. However, he is tight with Lidstrom, and his closest buddy is out in Vancouver...Naslund.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8688

Edited by captainsubtext

I am also hearing that the Red Wings will get into this, but I have yet to hear Peter say that he would go there. However, he is tight with Lidstrom, and his closest buddy is out in Vancouver...Naslund.[/i]

from Nicklas Lidstrom:

"Peter and I aren’t really close. I’m a few years older than he is, and we only played together on the national teams. So we haven’t really played together in the Swedish League before I turned pro..."

Linky...

Forsberg!!! He was an Av!!! Are you even a wings fan?

SCREW YOU!!!! McCarty always has a place with the Wings in my mind!!! I don't care what jersey he's wearing HE'S A WING, and he tells you that!!!

Read his goodbye letter. Yea he wrote a good bye letter, and it will change your feelings toward him.

Edited by WINGS TILL DEATH

Darren McCarty's Letter to Fans

July 28, 2005

Don't be sad it's over -- be happy it happened.

In the past few days, since the official word came of the buyout and as the status of my contract teetered, the reality that I'm not going to be a Red Wing anymore has set in, and I've taken some time to reflect.

I don't know if it's maturity ('cause if you know me, that's never been an issue) or the painstaking reality of the past 12 months without hockey. Either way, I'm saddened to leave an organization in a place where I've grown up, raised a family, been part of a first-class and first-rate team, won three Stanley Cups and achieved great personal success.

But looking back, what I really feel is gratitude -- thankful for the opportunity to realize a childhood dream to play for my childhood team. Grateful to Mr. and Mrs. Ilitch and their entire family for letting this boy become a man and always treating my family as one of their own. Grateful to the entire Red Wing organization from Ken Holland and his staff, to John Hahn and Anne Marie Krappmann in the PR department for their ever tireless effort. Grateful to Piet Van Zant and Paul Boyer for patching me up and getting me back out on the ice. Grateful for the support and memories from everyone at the Joe whom I will miss seeing daily, and thankful to the media for not only their endless support of myself but in the way they've always supported the McCarty Cancer Foundation and my band Grinder.

What will I miss most about playing hockey in Detroit? That's simple. The fans. From the day-to-day coffee stop or gas station conversation to the people who say hello on the street or ask for an autograph at the checkout, there are no greater fans than those in Detroit.

These are the great things about my time as a Red Wing that I will always remember no matter where I go. Thank you to all of you. But please don't shed a tear 'cause it's over -- crack a smile 'cause it happened, and no one can ever take that away. I'll always be a Red Wing at heart, and Detroit will always be my home.

Much love to you all,

Darren McCarty, Red Wings No. 25

Whatever they do they need more solid D-men. Niiniima, Cairns, Markov, whoever. I worry they are passing on solid D-men to keep money open in-case petr forskin decides wants to come to detroit to spend another NHL season on the IR.