• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BeeRYCE

Exelby Re-Signs

Rate this topic

the most interesting thing i saw on that page was there hosting the all star game next :P

other than that 1.336 mil sounds like a good price for a player like him

Guest DetroitIan

Damn....I wanted him more than any other d-man out there. Pickens are gettin' slim now....

the most interesting thing i saw on that page was there hosting the all star game next :P

other than that 1.336 mil sounds like a good price for a player like him

I know, I am trying to go :clap:

Edited by tipetz22

It it is for 1.36 mil, what is Markov going to say now? I want Markov back:

Lids - Markov

Rafalski - Quincy

Chelios - Lebda

Lilja

This is at the end of the season when Kronner is on the IR.

Guest DetroitIan

Sad, but true....

I just don't want to sign any more defensemen because that would force Lilja to be the odd man out.

Isn't it crazy that absolutely NOBODY hates Lilja anymore?

I just don't want to sign any more defensemen because that would force Lilja to be the odd man out.

That is why we need to trade him IMMEDIATELY. His stock is higher than ever.

They can't. They already lost Lang. Who will be the scapegoat if Lilja gets traded? I suppose LGW could go back to blaming Osgood for everything but that's tough to do when he spends most of the season on the bench.

Edited by Icer

They can't. They already lost Lang. Who will be the scapegoat if Lilja gets traded? I suppose LGW could go back to blaming Osgood for everything but that's tough to do when he spends most of the season on the bench.

Mikael "I shoot at goalies, not goals" Samuelsson

Even if Lilja's stock is high like you claim, what do you honestly think the Red Wings are going to get better in return? Lilja is a number six or seven defensemen, even with his solid playoff performance. That top six forward we need isn't coming in exchange for Lilja. I would be curious to know as why you think trading Lilja would accomplish anything.

Even if Lilja's stock is high like you claim, what do you honestly think the Red Wings are going to get better in return? Lilja is a number six or seven defensemen, even with his solid playoff performance. That top six forward we need isn't coming in exchange for Lilja. I would be curious to know as why you think trading Lilja would accomplish anything.

Hey Bro, don't put words in my mouth. There is no way Lilja's stock is objectively high, but it is relatively high (relative to him). I think there are a number of teams that could use Lilja in a much greater capacity. Think about how many minutes he logged in the playoffs. If we could trade him for picks/prospects, then we've lost some salary and can use that now or later. Addition by subtraction.

Hey Bro, don't put words in my mouth. There is no way Lilja's stock is objectively high, but it is relatively high (relative to him). I think there are a number of teams that could use Lilja in a much greater capacity. Think about how many minutes he logged in the playoffs. If we could trade him for picks/prospects, then we've lost some salary and can use that now or later. Addition by subtraction.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like a jerk when I posted that, but trading Lilja still doesn't sound like a good move to me. Unless we know for sure that one of the young guys is ready to step-in and play full time on defense, Lilja is still needed as the 6th or 7th defensemen for next season.

Lets assume Kronwall gets hurt, which is pretty certain. Then we would be left with Lidstrom, Rafalski, Chelios, and Lebda as the top four. No Lilja means that two of the four: Quincey, Meech, Kindl, and Ericsson, are going to be playing on a regular basis. Quincey may be able to handle it, but the other three might not. Besides, Chelios needs to play limited minutes in the regular season to keep him strong for the playoffs.

As much as Lilja got ripped on here (myself included) before the playoff run last season, I think he proved that he is deserving of at least a chance to be in the Red Wings lineup every night. If they did trade Lilja, it would be imperative to get another depth defensemen in return, or to sign one of the remaining free agents. If Markov for some reason comes back, then trading Lilja would be more realistic, but at this point it doesn't seem to make much sense.

Edited by GoWings1905

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like a jerk when I posted that, but trading Lilja still doesn't sound like a good move to me. Unless we know for sure that one of the young guys is ready to step-in and play full time on defense, Lilja is still needed as the 6th or 7th defensemen for next season.

Lets assume Kronwall gets hurt, which is pretty certain. Then we would be left with Lidstrom, Rafalski, Chelios, and Lebda as the top four. No Lilja means that two of the four: Quincey, Meech, Kindl, and Ericsson, are going to be playing on a regular basis. Quincey may be able to handle it, but the other three might not. Besides, Chelios needs to play limited minutes in the regular season to keep him strong for the playoffs.

As much as Lilja got ripped on here (myself included) before the playoff run last season, I think he proved that he is deserving of at least a chance to be in the Red Wings lineup every night. If they did trade Lilja, it would be imperative to get another depth defensemen in return, or to sign one of the remaining free agents. If Markov for some reason comes back, then trading Lilja would be more realistic, but at this point it doesn't seem to make much sense.

Amen. Only trade Lilja if we get Markov back. Otherwise, keep him. Also, I know it's tough to watch, but how are the kids going to be able to handle the NHL if you don't let them go out there and screw up without fear of demotion?

I don't hate Lilja, but I don't like him either.

His givaway in Game 5 of the Anaheim series is not the first time he tried to carry the puck out of the corner, stickhandle through guys, only to completely lose the puck and the Wings get scored on. I remember two specific examples, against Phoenix and Edmonton, last season when he did the same thing, and the same exact results came about.

You think at that point he'd learn what a horrible stickhandler he is and just play it safe. Since clearly he didn't, I really don't want him in the lineup.

edited for grammar

Edited by Kp-Wings

It it is for 1.36 mil, what is Markov going to say now? I want Markov back:

Lids - Markov

Rafalski - Quincy

Chelios - Lebda

Lilja

Exelby's was restricted, so it's apples and oranges, but I hear you. I want Markov back badly as well.

I keep hoping to come to this site and see a thread: "Official: Markov Re-signs." :)

we also signed ference who has had some NHL experience and could most likely fill in Lilja's spot with ease. If we trade Lilja and 2nd or the 3rd rounder we could probably just upgrade him so that instead of our 5th or 6th defenseman being our scapegoat (Lilja), he could be our unsung hero who never gets the praise he deserves(The upgraded Dman)... just a thought

It's quite fascinating actually.... in the last regular season meeting with the Ducks ( Wings won 1-0), after his fight with Moen where he became the "Pain Train", the bashing immediately stopped.......