• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
superstarsingh

Robert Lang Pics

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Here's a "funny" image of Lang saving our second round series against SJ.

IPB Image

Yeah, that's a funny image of Lang sucking up ice time in which any other 2nd-line center might have scored twice.

Yeah, that's a funny image of Lang sucking up ice time in which any other 2nd-line center might have scored twice.

Your Lang bashing is so f-ing tired and lame.

Of course, any other 2nd line center also might not have scored at all and the Wings would've lost.

If there were a 2nd line center who could've done better in Lang's spot, Babcock would've had him on the ice.

He's gone. It'd be nice if you got over your obsession with hating him. Especially since you tend to go off on people here who regularly trash Wings players other than Lang.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

apparently in this forum, yes. And since Boyd and Williams were gone, Lang was next line.

Looks like Sammy is most likely to take Lang's place.

Mob rules.

It's such stupid crap and I'm tired of it too.

Guest Crymson

Your Lang bashing is so f-ing tired and lame.

Of course, any other 2nd line center also might not have scored at all and the Wings would've lost.

If there were a 2nd line center who could've done better in Lang's spot, Babcock would've had him on the ice.

He's gone. It'd be nice if you got over your obsession with hating him. Especially since you tend to go off on people here who regularly trash Wings players other than Lang.

In my eyes, the difference between Lang and players who flat-out suck is this:

-The oft-bashed players who suck on our team try their best on every shift.

-Lang put forth a disgustingly low level of effort every game. I can't respect that.

As per your comment on 2nd-line centers: Lang WAS our 2nd line center. He tied up $3.9m of cap space which otherwise would have been used on a much better player (of course, his contract prevented this). Imagine if, for example, Michal Handzus had been our 2nd-line center... do you think he would have sucked up so badly in the playoffs?

-Lang put forth a disgustingly low level of effort every game. I can't respect that.

As per your comment on 2nd-line centers: Lang WAS our 2nd line center. He tied up $3.9m of cap space which otherwise would have been used on a much better player (of course, his contract prevented this). Imagine if, for example, Michal Handzus had been our 2nd-line center... do you think he would have sucked up so badly in the playoffs?

Yeah..that Robert was SO horrible in the playoffs. DAMN HIM TO HELL for taking the Wings to OT twice due to his clutch goals. And if not for both those goals the Wings would have more than likely had another early playoff exit, but how quick we forget things eh? Your arguement would maybe make a little more sense if Lang didn't save the Wings asses twice.

Actually as the playoffs wore on we saw more of Franzen in the 2nd line center as Lang got demoted and saw less and less ice time, due to what I would call a less than 100% effort.

I am not a Lang Basher however I am happy to see him go on his way. His effort at times was lackluster and sometimes he reminded me of when it seemed like feds was taking shifts off. It was almost as though he really didn't care. Not saying he didn't just what my perception was/is!!

I don't see how clutch goals are a decent excuse for him not playing hard on every shift on both sides of the ice. We can't have players that pick and choose out there. That can spread like a disease. As for finding a new whipping boy, every fanbase out there has one in every sport, we're just more creative at it than anyone else.

I don't see how clutch goals are a decent excuse for him not playing hard on every shift on both sides of the ice. We can't have players that pick and choose out there. That can spread like a disease. As for finding a new whipping boy, every fanbase out there has one in every sport, we're just more creative at it than anyone else.

For someone to say that he wasted ice time and that someone else on the 2nd line could take his place and score twice is neither here nor there. To discredit the guy after he scored the Wings two biggest goals is just downright pathetic. No one is saying he had a great playoff, but he didn't have an awful one either and some of you need to give the guy credit where it's due.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Well, I didn't know we were operating in an imaginary world where Handzus could be our 2nd line center.

Why not Crosby? Of course I would've loved to have had a better center out there. But Lang is who we had.

And I know Lang was our 2nd line center. My point was that with the lineup the Wings had, if someone else could've done a better job, they would've taken his place. It's not like Babcock had a soft spot in his heart for Lang.

He got the minutes because no one else could've done a better job centering the 2nd line. It's not just a deficiency of Lang's. It's a deficiency of the teams. A weak 2nd line.

And his contract was an adjusted one from the pre-lockout days.

He had a poor season and was overpaid and didn't really fit this team. It was time for him to go. I'm not even really a fan of his, but the level he gets trashed is so ******* ridiculous. He's a decent 2nd line center.

He's also a very big guy. People seem to think that because he doesn't move his feet like Draper, he's never skating hard or fast at all. The guy covers a ton of ice in three strides. And he wasn't brought here to crash or bang. That's never been his game.

And now he's Chicago's problem. Yet the Lang bashing goes on and on and on...

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Guest Crymson

Yeah..that Robert was SO horrible in the playoffs. DAMN HIM TO HELL for taking the Wings to OT twice due to his clutch goals. And if not for both those goals the Wings would have more than likely had another early playoff exit, but how quick we forget things eh? Your arguement would maybe make a little more sense if Lang didn't save the Wings asses twice.

My argument might make more sense to you if you actually understood it. I will summarize it for you:

-Lang was horrible for a second-line center during the playoffs.

-A different second-liner center (i.e. a qualified second-line center from another team) might very well have done a WHOLE LOT more with the ice-time that Lang ate up. Lang was quite possibly the worst second-line center of any team in the western conference.

-I never 'forget things,' because I have been saying this all along. The guy is flat-out lazy. I don't respect him.

Actually as the playoffs wore on we saw more of Franzen in the 2nd line center as Lang got demoted and saw less and less ice time, due to what I would call a less than 100% effort.

I am not a Lang Basher however I am happy to see him go on his way. His effort at times was lackluster and sometimes he reminded me of when it seemed like feds was taking shifts off. It was almost as though he really didn't care. Not saying he didn't just what my perception was/is!!

I agree that Lang could often go unnoticed for several games. With a few huge exceptions, he wasn't as big a factor in the games as he should've been.

But the trashing so exceeds what's actually happening on the ice.

Guest Crymson

Agreed--there's just no excuse. If the guy had played his hardest, he might have scored four times the points he did.. but he didn't play his hardest. That's what it boils down to.

If Lang had played up to his capabilities, perhaps we'd have beaten Anaheim. Who knows? As is, he was our high-paid second-line center and he almost deliberately sucked it up

Imagine if, for example, Michal Handzus had been our 2nd-line center... do you think he would have sucked up so badly in the playoffs?

Okay, two words:

HE'S GONE

let it go already?

Guest Crymson

Well, I didn't know we were operating in an imaginary world where Handzus could be our 2nd line center.

Why not Crosby? Of course I would've loved to have had a better center out there. But Lang is who we had.

That's not quite my point. My point is that Lang was by no means a hero. He was lazy as hell, and though he produced a lot of clutch goals he might very well have produced a crapload more if he'd just tried.

As Handzus has signed a contract for the same amount as Lang was paid last year, I don't think us having had him on the team is a pipe-fantasy such as would be having Crosby around.

Okay, two words:

HE'S GONE

let it go already?

No kidding.

I'm not even a Lang fan really and think it's better for the team he's gone, but I would love for him to light it up in Chicago this year.

That's not quite my point. My point is that Lang was by no means a hero. He was lazy as hell, and though he produced a lot of clutch goals he might very well have produced a crapload more if he'd just tried.

As Handzus has signed a contract for the same amount as Lang was paid last year, I don't think us having had him on the team is a pipe-fantasy such as would be having Crosby around.

Well then maybe more of your anger should be directed at Holland for signing Lang to that contract.

Besides, didnt Handzus miss most of last season with a blown out knee?

And I totally agree Lang was not a factor in nearly as many games as he should've been, but suddenly every shift people say hes lazy, which is greatly compounded by his skating style. He's a big lumbering dude.

Whatever. It's all been said a thousand times. The bottom line is he's gone. Why not move on to the new whipping boy?

Edited by haroldsnepsts

I agree that Lang could often go unnoticed for several games. With a few huge exceptions, he wasn't as big a factor in the games as he should've been.

But the trashing so exceeds what's actually happening on the ice.

Oh I agree, as I said I am not a basher just happy he is gone. With the way Franzen and Flip played last season I really think they will fill the void he left. Will they put up his numbers over their careers, maybe but like you said in another post no one knows that. And yes the bashing and trashing has gone too far. He is gone, say bye and move on.

However it continues because there is nothing else to really talk about right now.

Rafalski excites me a ton, but no one is really talking about him or Drake which I think both fit very well into this team.

That's so true. Some of the homers on this board act as if anybody but Lang would have been incapable of scoring a goal. Anyone have pictures of when Lang gave the puck away like 3 times in the dying moments of that WCF game while Hasek was pulled?

That's so true. Some of the homers on this board act as if anybody but Lang would have been incapable of scoring a goal. Anyone have pictures of when Lang gave the puck away like 3 times in the dying moments of that WCF game while Hasek was pulled?

I'm sure others may have been capable of it, but Lang's the one who actually did it.

I love how we are labeled 'homers' because we give the guy credit for SAVING the Wings. Like Harold stated, Lang is the one that actually did it. Bringing up some other second line forward and saying he could of done better is pretty much pointless seeing as how no one would really ever know how that would of panned out. The reality of it all is that it was Robert Lang that was our second line center, it was him that scored the huge goals for us.

I love how everybody is continuing to ***** about Lang, even after he's gone.

While I agree, Lang definitly is overated by some of the fans of his on these boards, you can't discredit the guy for his goal against San Jose. I don't understand why people are continuing to do so.

Oh well. Here's one just for good old times: Lang is lazy and he sucksâ„¢