• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ashenden

Rafalski is #28

Rate this topic

I think this is keeping low key because Rafalski is a low key guy, much like our beloved Nick, Hank, Pavel.

This may be far from the truth, but I have notice a lot of similarities between the Red Wings and the New England Patriots.

They have started to fill their rosters with Veteran guys, bringing some youth, but also taking a chance on some one that others have given up on.

Bare with the comparrisons, not saying the people are the same but their responsibilities towards the team are similar and how they got there are similar.

Zetterberg - Tom Brady late draft choices, leaders of the team on and off the ice/field.

Lidstrom - Tedy Bruschi - Quiet leaders, team first minded people.

Drake - Randy Moss - All but given up on by their former teams, come to the team with a lot to prove. Moss has a better chance of being an impact player than Drake but similar types.

Dats - Laurence Maroney - Quite guys, brought in to be the big offensive weapon that carries the team.

Rafalski - Adalius Thomas - Brought in to sure up the defense and make the team a championship contender.

They may be weird comparisons but if the wings could pick a better salary cap model to use, you would hard pressed to find a classier and more successful salary cap team.

Edited by Opie

I think this is keeping low key because Rafalski is a low key guy, much like our beloved Nick, Hank, Pavel.

This may be far from the truth, but I have notice a lot of similarities between the Red Wings and the New England Patriots.

They have started to fill their rosters with Veteran guys, bringing some youth, but also taking a chance on some one that others have given up on.

Bare with the comparrisons, not saying the people are the same but their responsibilities towards the team are similar and how they got there are similar.

Zetterberg - Tom Brady late draft choices, leaders of the team on and off the ice/field.

Drake - Randy Moss - All but given up on by their former teams, come to the team with a lot to prove. Moss has a better chance of being an impact player than Drake but similar types.

Dats - Laurence Maroney - Quite guys, brought in to be the big offensive weapon that carries the team.

Rafalski - Adalius Thomas - Brought in to sure up the defense and make the team a championship contender.

They may be weird comparisons but if the wings could pick a better salary cap model to use, you would hard pressed to find a classier and more successful salary cap team.

As much as I dislike the Pats I agree 100% with your statement.

It looks like you have a lot of free time on your hands. Just for kicks, which Patriot was Robert Lang?

Robert Lang - Reche Caldwell

Both brought in to fill a void in the secondary scoring department. Both at times seemed to be unable to do what was asked of them and that at other times looked to be the exactly what was needed. Oddly enough, both had costly turnovers in the post season, and were saved by teammates.

Both made very important scoring plays to continue their teams post season run. While Reche is still on the Pats roster, I see both of them scoring their next points in a different uniform (of course Lang is on another team, however Caldwell is not yet)

Robert Lang - Reche Caldwell

Both brought in to fill a void in the secondary scoring department. Both at times seemed to be unable to do what was asked of them and that at other times looked to be the exactly what was needed. Oddly enough, both had costly turnovers in the post season, and were saved by teammates.

Both made very important scoring plays to continue their teams post season run. While Reche is still on the Pats roster, I see both of them scoring their next points in a different uniform (of course Lang is on another team, however Caldwell is not yet)

I hope the Patriots sign an enforcer or dirty player real soon.

That is the difference the pats have Rodney Harrison who will absolutely destroy you if you don't keep you head on a swivel. Either that or he will destroy himself trying.

Guest nutz2u

Hockey analysis.com has Ralafski listed #3 on their player rankings for defensemen,(Lidstrom is first). Zat make ya'll happy? :banana: :carrot: :banana: :carrot:

Hockey analysis.com has Ralafski listed #3 on their player rankings for defensemen,(Lidstrom is first). Zat make ya'll happy? :banana: :carrot: :banana: :carrot:

According to their overall ranking, Jiri Hudler is the second best center in the league, behind Datsyuk, and the top two defensemen are Tom Preissing and Christoph Schubert. The top five is rounded out by Sami Salo, Chris Pronger, and RORY FITZPATRICK!!!

Their defensive rating would have awarded the Selke to Perezhogin, with Kobasew and Hudler as the other finalists.

There wasn't much doubt there. He IS the King s*** acquisition this off season. I'm surprised that this sort of thing wasn't negotiated in the CBA during the lock out.

Speaking of D-men, what ever became of Dandenault? Last I knew he went The Habs and I haven't heard s*** about him since.

Guest DetroitIan

No suprise here. Number 28 is Brian's. And I for one, can't wait to see him in that jersey.

NEVER COMPARE A GREAT TEAM LIKE THE WINGS TO AN EVIL TEAM LIKE THE PATRIOTS AS A DOLPHIN FAN I FEEL SICK TO MY STOMACH JUST THINKIN PEOPLE CAN MAKE THIC COMPARISON

You're right because players like Jason Taylor would complain about the pats not doing enough to try to win if he were on their team. Oh wait never mind he does that about the Dolphins!!!

And it seems to me that both the Pats and Wings have won something recently so it seemed a better comparrison.

You're right because players like Jason Taylor would complain about the pats not doing enough to try to win if he were on their team. Oh wait never mind he does that about the Dolphins!!!

And it seems to me that both the Pats and Wings have won something recently so it seemed a better comparrison.

hahahaha :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Check out this great battle that Rafalski has with Malkin (at the beginning of this clip).

I know Rafalski isn't big, but that was tough.

LOVE it! He's one hell of a hard worker and doesn't give up in any situation. So glad he's on our side.

NEVER COMPARE A GREAT TEAM LIKE THE WINGS TO AN EVIL TEAM LIKE THE PATRIOTS AS A DOLPHIN FAN I FEEL SICK TO MY STOMACH JUST THINKIN PEOPLE CAN MAKE THIC COMPARISON

I think you are confused. What is making you sick to your stomach is being a Dolphins fan and thinking about how much better the Patriots are. This has nothing to do with the comparison of the Wings and the Patriots.

I am going on record here, the Hawks are the Dolphins of the NHL.