• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

StevieY9802

Oilers Tender Offer to Penner

Rate this topic

Guest nutz2u

What's the cap again for next year? If Niedermayer were to come back, aren't they right up against it?

I also find it funny in the comments section of that link how outraged people are at Lowe. He's made a couple bold offers, but if he can steal a quality player from a team who overpaid on UFA's, I see that as good for the league. Hopefully these idiot GM's and owners will show a little more restraint next season on the market.

If Niedermayer comes back they are about 1.6M over the cap of 51.3. If they match.

Edited by nutz2u

According to NHLnumbers.com anaheim has 2.076Mil left. However that includes Neidermayer's 6.75.

I believe the cap is 50.3 mil, but I could be wrong.

What's the cap again for next year? If Niedermayer were to come back, aren't they right up against it?

I also find it funny in the comments section of that link how outraged people are at Lowe. He's made a couple bold offers, but if he can steal a quality player from a team who overpaid on UFA's, I see that as good for the league. Hopefully these idiot GM's and owners will show a little more restraint next season on the market.

:clap:

According to NHLnumbers.com anaheim has 2.076Mil left. However that includes Neidermayer's 6.75.

Those numbers look right to me.

I wonder what's going to happen if both Neids and Teemu decide to play one more year. Burke=Screwed.

Hahahahaha! I love it!

HEY Teemu! Number 8 hasn't been taken in Detroit!

Guest nutz2u

I was thinking 51.3 but you could be right @ 50.3.

Edited by nutz2u

I hope this goes through.

Then Burke basically lost a 24 yr old player with Bertuzzi-like potential (the good parts - size, scoring) because he overpaid for the real deal Bertuzzi, which comes with a chronic back injury and a lot of baggage.

Those numbers look right to me.

I wonder what's going to happen if both Neids and Teemu decide to play one more year. Burke=Screwed.

Hahahahaha! I love it!

HEY Teemu! Number 8 hasn't been taken in Detroit!

I'd be amazed if it actually happened, but it'd be great to have Teemu on the Wings for a season or two. He's a lot of what they need right now.

Guest nutz2u

This is too funny, Bert for Penner :clap: I thought Lowe would go after Cammalleri because of the mega points but this is even better.

No you are right it's 50.3 I went back and checked.

I hope this goes through.

Then Burke basically lost a 24 yr old player with Bertuzzi-like potential (the good parts - size, scoring) because he overpaid for the real deal Bertuzzi, which comes with a chronic back injury and a lot of baggage.

I'd be amazed if it actually happened, but it'd be great to have Teemu on the Wings for a season or two. He's a lot of what they need right now.

I agree. I wouldn't even be surprised if Teemu took a very large pay cut to stay with the Ducks just to help Burke out. But you never know? He might love the idea of playing for an original 6 team and one as well run as Detroit.

I'm just salivating at the thought of Teemu with Zetterberg. Of course, there is the whole Selanne-Chelios feud. But if Bert and Cheli can squash things, I'm sure Teemu could too.

After Burke seduced Schneider and overpaid Bertuzzi I said I'd have gone after Penner if I were that sort of GM.

Bingo! Like someone else her noted, this would serve a notice to all GM's that you better watch overspending when you've got RFA's to lock up.

I don't think anyone here would trade Neidermayer, Selanne and Penner for Bertuzzi and Schneider, but that's essentially what Burke is facing if some of those guys don't want to retire.

Plus, can you imagine if the NHL enforces much smaller goalie equipment or larger nets? Giguere will look like a TERRIBLE investment at over $6M per year. With less stuffing or more room to shoot at he's a 4.00 GAA goalie.

Guest jaytan

I don't see why Selanne would care about playing for an Original Six team. He might care about playing for a team that plays in a place with nice beaches and good roads to cruise around on in a Ferrari, though.

As far as the Penner offer, I like it. It penalizes the Ducks for overpaying UFAs recklessly and it gives the Oilers a chance to get a potentially great player who could be with them until he becomes a UFA and gets the hell out of Edmonton.

A 1st, 2nd AND 3rd round pick for compensation PLUS that salary?

I can see why Kenny didn't move sooner...

... I hearby retract my "I don't know why Holland hasn't made an offer yet" statement.

Is there an opening for two-way agreements on restructuring contracts without cap penalties?

It's the only way Niedermayer and Teemu both are staving off retirement if they match.

Is there an opening for two-way agreements on restructuring contracts without cap penalties?

It's the only way Niedermayer and Teemu both are staving off retirement if they match.

I don't think so. But what do I know. If Neids wants to take $1M a year to help out Burke maybe they can do it? But at the same time I'm sure Neidermayer, despite having enough money and won everything, wouldn't want to play on a team where Penner makes 4x as much as he does.

A 1st, 2nd AND 3rd round pick for compensation PLUS that salary?

I can see why Kenny didn't move sooner...

... I hearby retract my "I don't know why Holland hasn't made an offer yet" statement.

Not to mention they have to re-sign Getzlaf next summer and this may hurt their wiggle room.

Take the picks, while Penner has good potential, he's had one good season and he was still extremely inconsistent.

Im pretty sure thats illegal.

At any rate, if you are debating between retiring and returning, and youre leaning towards retirement, taking a 5M+ paycut wont make you wanna return.