Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#2 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 02:15 PM

Fraud. Rofl if you read all of that than just wow.....
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#3 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 02:23 PM

For those of you still wondering who Eklund is:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Chances that its really Dwayne Keith Klessel: e5! biggrin.gif

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25, 01 August 2007 - 02:36 PM.

It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#4 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 02:35 PM

I thought everything that Eklund post's was fraud?
IPB Image

#5 Winged Scooter

Winged Scooter

Future NFL Hall-of-Famer!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 02:35 PM

Awesome read! Thanks for posting! thumbup.gif
"Aw, you cheap sonofab@#$h. Are you crazy? Those guys are RETARDS!!" -- Reggie Dunlop
"I got a good deal on those boys, scout said they showed a lot of promise." -- Joe McGrath
"They brought their F$%&@*# TOYS with them!!" -- RD
"Well, I'd rather have them playing with their toys, than playing with themselves." -- JM

#6 Hank

Hank

60% of the time it works everytime

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:16 PM

Great article! And it's funny that Eklund himself has threatened Peklund. Talk about hypocritical!

Anyway, I think the article hit it on the head.
"Eklund" was a collection of people that knew nothing about hockey but might have known a janitor for the Oilers or the mail-boy for the Coyotes.
"Eklunds" popularity soared and eventually the 'head puppet' Dwayne took the reigns and now runs with it. So basically, through lies and a pile of fraud, he WAS able to gain some access to real sources (not good ones though) and has no firmly planted himself inside the NHL.

He was on XM yesterday and I made myself into a hypocrite by listening to him (train crash mentality I guess). Anyway, he spewed some of his nonesense to which the staff shot down and presented a more realisitc scenario. In each case, Dwayne (sorry, Eklund) sounded as if he was way over his head. At one point, when asked a detailed question, he had no answer so he began stumbling and making up non-sensical statements. I couldn't help but think of that scene in Anchorman when Brick starts yelling "Loud Noises!!!" because he's unaware of what's going on. That's Eklund.

#7 Flip-check

Flip-check

kicking ass and taking Cups

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE(EZBAKETHAGANGSTA @ August 1, 2007 - 03:15PM) View Post

Fraud. Rofl if you read all of that than just wow.....

Imagine writing it. It has some interesting things from the rest of the blogosphere though.

I haven't followed Eklund all that much like all these people have, but some of this stuff is just downright freaky, and believable out of someone who runs his "career" like he does.

This is from a conversation between a Hurricanes blogger (acidqueen.projectremains.com) after an AIM user contacted her that looked like Eklund, and also later in the transcript after an offer for her to "join" Hockeybuzz was rejected:

(16:58:01) eklundsaim: very interesting…you gave eric my aim….you just solidified my case. thank you
(17:01:20) acidqueen5426: Hard to solidify something you don’t have, chief.
(17:39:58) eklundsaim: you don’t even know probably, because reading you I imagine you are not involved at the level that I am legally tracking…I have had people threaten my children, my wife, my mother, etc…they have been sending anonymous emails through a service, and fortunatley I know a prosecuter who is helping me out. Homeland security ip checking technology…Anyway, this anonymous person just sent me another email that tied it all together…this is just hockey acid queen…I will protect my family at all costs…
(17:41:58) eklundsaim: i have done nothing illegal..it is very illegal to threaten someone through anonymous emails.
(17:42:03) eklundsaim: now I have them
(17:42:24) eklundsaim: so my family and I thank you.

And like Wyshynski mentioned in the article, he's denied anonymously responding to other blogs (despite IP-tracking him) and said people are claiming to be him on AOL Messenger (come the f*** on), but Eklund smells like he's just full of more s***.

I wasn't even aware of this kind of stuff going behind the scenes with blog circles, but seeing this actually pisses me off, if it's all true. He sounds like a manipulative little turd, and who knows the full story, but whatever.

This guy is garbage.

Edited by Flip-check, 01 August 2007 - 03:25 PM.

No, it's definitely excitement.

#8 Hank

Hank

60% of the time it works everytime

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:34 PM

At Peklunds site he says that Eklund came on there and 'lost' it. I searched the archives but I couldn't find it.
Has anyone seen this?

#9 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:44 PM

Whatever this dude's real name is, he's just some idiot who knows less about hockey than most of the people on this site. Yet somehow people continue to listen to the garbage he spews...

#10 REDWINGS4LYFE

REDWINGS4LYFE

2nd Line Scorer

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:48 PM

eklund told me the chances of me becoming a mod are E5

#11 TerribleTed7

TerribleTed7

Rookie

• Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 04:15 PM

PEKLUND is going to drive that delusional schizophrenic (Eklund) into the looney bin where he belongs. This is what PEKLUND just wrote:

Eklund I know you're reading this and are so tempted to come on here and threaten me again. So I have this to say to you...
KISS MY ASS you phoney whiny little scum sucking douchebag! P5

#12 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 04:42 PM

got to give it to Peklund, he's a pretty damn funny guy, I read his blog everyday now LOL biggrin.gif

"So I am interested in knowing how this guy keeps getting idiots to pay him money? Can any of you tell me? I'd really like to know. I mean he has no more sources than you or I do. Yet people still think he does. Are people really this stupid? It's pretty sad isn't it?
So we know Eklund has lied about his identity. He has come on his own site under different aliases and defended himself. HE even came on my site and threatened to take my internet away. LOL
The way I see it is Eklund is a little boy who is a total fraud who disguises himself under an alias which allows him to be someone he "wants to be." You see he has no life. Nothing. He lives in his mom's basement eating tootsie rolls and listening to old "WHAM" albums. I am willing to bet he has a HARDY BOYS book collection stashed away under his bed as well and watches re-runs of Gilligan's Island. P5"

You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#13 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 04:51 PM

He's a pretty well hated guy for an internet blogger.

Yet, at that same time, people still visit his blog, and donate money to him. I guess in the end it all evens out in some way or another.

#14 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 05:00 PM

read the comments from the july 14 and 15th archives on Peklund. Eklund actually came on there and was calling out Peklund LOL. comments are hilarious
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#15 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 05:53 PM

I have to ask: is Peklund a Wings fan by any chance? He seems to talk about players on the Wings a lot, so it makes me think he is.

#16 YoungGuns1340

YoungGuns1340

Johan and Henrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,501 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE(Kp-Wings @ August 1, 2007 - 06:53PM) View Post

I have to ask: is Peklund a Wings fan by any chance? He seems to talk about players on the Wings a lot, so it makes me think he is.

Flyers fan....hence the non-stop "Selanne to Philly" rumors.
It is not your aptitude, but your attitude, that determines your altitude.

#17 Donaldjr2448

Donaldjr2448

LETS GO REDWINGS!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 06:47 PM

Just curious, but how much does eklund charge?? I just want to see how stupid people are!!!

#18 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 06:49 PM

man there is a lot of hate for Ekland, what really has he done to piss you off that most internet bloggers don't do? I'm not saying I like the guy but wow
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#19 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE(YoungGuns1340 @ August 1, 2007 - 07:19PM) View Post

Flyers fan....hence the non-stop "Selanne to Philly" rumors.

No, not Eklund. Peklund

I know Eklund's a Flyers fan. He was the one who made up that whole stupid Selanne rumor. hehe.gif

#20 Legionnaire11

Legionnaire11

Simpsonized!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE(ben_usmc @ August 1, 2007 - 06:49PM) View Post

man there is a lot of hate for Ekland, what really has he done to piss you off that most internet bloggers don't do? I'm not saying I like the guy but wow

that's what i've been saying forever. he runs a rumor site. and claims that it's a rumor site. rumors are usually wrong, sometimes they're right. Don't know about Detroit, but he's had a lot of Preds stuff before anyone else. I think he really has a contact in our organization and probably a few others.

Either way, it's entertainment, it's an internet blog, not like he's sports editor for the new york times or something. Ek is an okay dude, if you don't like his blog then don't read it, but it's hardly reason for everyone to continually bash on the guy.
IPB Image
"The people at first were saying, 'Why is there a team in Nashville?' But when you come here and you see the fans and the excitement, my question would be, "Why would there not be a team in Nashville?" - Yanic Perreault, January 18, 2006