• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Heaton

17 cuts made today

Rate this topic

Guest Lebda4Pres

Ass long as Ericcsson plays for us as a regular at some point will be a great feat from a guy who was the last pick of a draft.

Didn't Kronner play some point last year, now I am not saying he will be healthy all year so knowing some one else can play the point will be huge, but I didn't think he was horrible back there.

Didn't Kronner play some point last year, now I am not saying he will be healthy all year so knowing some one else can play the point will be huge, but I didn't think he was horrible back there.

He wasn't horrible, but even though he can move the puck well, he doesn't have a shot that can scare the other team.

Yeah I was being sarcastic, and I figured something along the lines of Chelios on the point would be thick enough not to actually say I was being sarcastic

Sorry then. My bad...I did think you were serious :blush: in my defense though, I have seen nuttier ideas proposed in total seriousness.

You've been around for a while, care to share some of the proposals? I could use a nice laugh :P

Well, there's the ever popular "Prospect X and a pick for Superstar Y," trade ideas. One that sticks in my head is that someone once suggested we could get something worthwhile for Lilja and a 2nd or 3rd rounder. And a personal favorite of mine is, "Halifax should have an NHL team."

Recently though, the prize-winning theme is: Blackhawks will beat hell out of the Wings on October 6th.

Well, there's the ever popular "Prospect X and a pick for Superstar Y," trade ideas. One that sticks in my head is that someone once suggested we could get something worthwhile for Lilja and a 2nd or 3rd rounder. And a personal favorite of mine is, "Halifax should have an NHL team."

The Lilja one always makes me laugh :lol:

Plus we can put Sammy on the point on the PP again like last year when Schneider was out. I was pleasently surprised with how well he did back there.

Are you kidding me? Sammy on the point was the stupidest coaching move of the year for Babcock.

I'm still holding out hope we'll get to see Ericsson - maybe not at the beginning of the year, but sometime this season. My favorite of the assortment of defensemen at the bottom.

Interesting. So you rate Ericsson higher than Kindl?

Meech sux his nickname should be turnover Meechine.

I liked it. :D

BTW, what happened to Darren Helm? I know he was injured but when was he assigned to GR? There's barely been a word said about him.

Interesting. So you rate Ericsson higher than Kindl?

I don't count Kindl. I figure a full year in GR for him, at least, and I think the Wings feel the same way. Kindl's still pretty raw, and unless he's positively stellar in GR, he won't likely get a sniff at the big club until next season. When I say defensemen at the bottom, I mean the assortment of warm bodies looking to fill the 7th d-man role - Ericsson, Sopel, Quincey, Meech, etc.

Kindl's pretty much guaranteed a spot when it's his turn, but it's not his turn yet. Ericsson's the guy I'd really love to see get the shot to earn a spot in the defensive rotation.

I don't count Kindl. I figure a full year in GR for him, at least, and I think the Wings feel the same way. Kindl's still pretty raw, and unless he's positively stellar in GR, he won't likely get a sniff at the big club until next season. When I say defensemen at the bottom, I mean the assortment of warm bodies looking to fill the 7th d-man role - Ericsson, Sopel, Quincey, Meech, etc.

Kindl's pretty much guaranteed a spot when it's his turn, but it's not his turn yet. Ericsson's the guy I'd really love to see get the shot to earn a spot in the defensive rotation.

Fair enough. Meech cannot be sent down to Grand Rapids without the possibility of another club signing him, is that correct? So he’s either the 7th defenseman or he’ll be claimed by another team. You would assume that unless they’re extremely impressed with Ericsson and feel as though he brings a lot more to the table than Meech, he’ll be sent down to GR.

I’d like to see Kindl, Ericsson and Quincey all play at GR with a ton of ice-time. And considering every year there’s always a mass of injuries, I’m sure Ericsson will get a shot at some stage during the season.

Fair enough. Meech cannot be sent down to Grand Rapids without the possibility of another club signing him, is that correct? So he’s either the 7th defenseman or he’ll be claimed by another team. You would assume that unless they’re extremely impressed with Ericsson and feel as though he brings a lot more to the table than Meech, he’ll be sent down to GR.

I’d like to see Kindl, Ericsson and Quincey all play at GR with a ton of ice-time. And considering every year there’s always a mass of injuries, I’m sure Ericsson will get a shot at some stage during the season.

I think because of that fact, that Meech can't be sent down without clearing waivers, that he'll be the guy to make it. The Wings would have to be actively disappointed in him to let him go, and they're not. So I do think Ericsson and Quincey will end up in GR to start the season, but I'll be looking forward to seeing Ericsson back with the big club sometime this season....unless it means an injury to Lidstrom or Rafalski.

BTW, what happened to Darren Helm? I know he was injured but when was he assigned to GR? There's barely been a word said about him.

Helm is still in the main camp and is still rehabbing his injury. I imagine he will be sent down after the weekend and continuing his rehab.

btw McGrath is the other forward that is still in camp.