• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest GordieSid&Ted

Jordin Tootoo at it again....and its only game 1

Rate this topic

good lord man, you can't even compare his fight last night with the Robidas incident.

He was a pest last night, won a fight, didn't take any stupid penalties and actually played a decent game. Not much else you can ask for from the agitator.

I suppose the only way that you will be happy from now on is if Tootoo takes his helmet off, puts his hands behind his back and lets the other guy get in one free shot before the fight starts. You're a little ridiculous in your Tootoo hate.

anyone who watches that video will have to disagree with you. Lapperriere's gloves came off at the same time, tootoo was just quicker to the draw. you don't know what they're saying to each other down there, so how can you say that Tootoo just suckered him off guard? just give it a rest with all the junk on Tootoo, if he does something that terrible this season, you'll know it. But don't go trying to blow up every single hit and fight into him being the dirtiest SOB ever to play the game.

It wasn't as bad as what happened to Robidas because he didn't connect with Laperriere's face with his first swing.

It was a standard Tootoo special. He threw a roundhouse right before he even got his gloves off.

so I watched the video and no, I don't disagree with Gordie.

Quicker on the draw. Seriously man, take off the homer glasses. This is Tootoo's standard operating procedure.

EDIT: I've watched the video several times now. Tootoo comes out of the corner and in one motion ditches his stick and gloves and comes around swinging. Quicker on the draw, my ass.

Most guys would give a hack or a shove, square off and start swinging. More often than not Tootoo doesn't square up. He just starts swinging.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Ahhh hockey is back and damn does it feel good. I'm glad to see that the hatred between Wings and Preds fan has not died down. :P Yes, Tootoo could have stepped back and squared off, but comparing this to the Robidas incident is downright retarded. Let's not blow this completely out of proportion, now...

Just an addition, pictures over at the Predators board confirm that Jordin is not wearing a visor this year.

Still should have dropped the helmet, but at least he's not wearing a visor anymore.

David

I don't think anyone's asking him to drop the helmet but his no warning cheap-shots are pure cowardice.

It's one thing to do it on the street when your safety is genuinely in jeopardy, but on the rink, if a guy asks you to dance and you're going to oblige, be a man about it.

Like someone mentioned, one of these days someone's really going to get ticked off. I'm sure Lappy isn't going to give Toto the benefit of the doubt the next time they play. He should just start swinging and send him back to Oz.

Ahhh hockey is back and damn does it feel good. I'm glad to see that the hatred between Wings and Preds fan has not died down. :P Yes, Tootoo could have stepped back and squared off, but comparing this to the Robidas incident is downright retarded. Let's not blow this completely out of proportion, now...

Please read what HaroldSnepts wrote above you. The only difference between this incident and the Robidas one is that he missed Lappy. If he had connected it would have been no different.

Tootoo's an idiot and I can't wait for the day when someone stomps this midget into the ice. And it will come sooner rather than later.

To be all fair, at the 27 second mark of the video, Tootoo did not square up to him. You don't go around the guy and just throw your fist in the air and let the guy skate into it.

Edited by Jwo

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Why is it difficult for some people to realize what i'm talking about when comparing this incident to the Robidas one? I'm not talking about the outcome or that it should be suspendable or anything like that.

In each instance there is an opponent who will happily fight Tootoo, but instead of standing back and having an even start, he just whirls around and unleashes a haymaking right hand. As harold said, its Tootoo SOP. That's what i'm comparing here, they way he went about throwing the first punch when the other guy isn't even set to drop his gloves.

sheesh.... you can lead a horse to water...

Ok, so i'm watching the Aves game and Lappy is chasing Tootoo around to get him to go. Now instead of telling Lappy "ok, let's go" and backing off so they can shed their gear Tootoo turns and hauls off much like he did on Stephan Robidas last year.

Keep in mind Jordin wears a visor and Lappy is a very honorable fighter. Lappy didn't try to jump Tootoo, he was just goading him into going. All Tootoo had to do was nod to him, step back and take off his helmet and have a fair go.

Instead he does what Jordin Tootoo always does (Robidas, Ryan Clowe, etc..) This guy is a disgrace.

It's about 3/4 the way through the video, Tootoo drops his gloves and wheels around with a wicked right that just misses Lappy's chin. At this point Lappy doesn't even have his gloves off thanks to Tootoo taking the honorable, albeit obligatory Tootoo head start in a fight.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/36555

Tootoo didn't wear a visor last night. Did you even look at the video?

Guest DetroitIan

TooToo has BY FAR taken over my most hated player spot. Pronger just took a backseat to this little piece of crap eskimo. I LOVE when someone gets the best of TooToo. Nothing puts a smile on my face quicker. I wanna see someone just annihilate this guy.

Well on a side note Tootoo got bused by his Girlfriend well now X. She found out his was cheating on her. And told the whole crowed at her concert in Michigan and also said that she hoped he got his ass kicked in the hockey game last night.

good lord man, you can't even compare his fight last night with the Robidas incident.

He was a pest last night, won a fight, didn't take any stupid penalties and actually played a decent game. Not much else you can ask for from the agitator.

I suppose the only way that you will be happy from now on is if Tootoo takes his helmet off, puts his hands behind his back and lets the other guy get in one free shot before the fight starts. You're a little ridiculous in your Tootoo hate.

anyone who watches that video will have to disagree with you. Lapperriere's gloves came off at the same time, tootoo was just quicker to the draw. you don't know what they're saying to each other down there, so how can you say that Tootoo just suckered him off guard? just give it a rest with all the junk on Tootoo, if he does something that terrible this season, you'll know it. But don't go trying to blow up every single hit and fight into him being the dirtiest SOB ever to play the game.

no i would really have to agree with him. in most fights they square off first, or at least know that the other player actually wants to fight. instead tootoo turns to try to get in a cheap shot like that little ***** always does.

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time - if ever - did Tootoo throw down fairly?? He never seems to wait for the other guy to even get his gloves off before he starts wailing on him. If I had to guess, Id say it was a defense mechanism. If Tootoo fought man to man, hed be hurtin.

that wasnt really that bad of a cheapshot, i mean the guy kept hacking at him to fight so he tried to get a jump on the guy who sux

The guy who sucks? You mean Lapperiere?? Hes about a good an energy guy as it gets, and is an old school fighter. Id take him over tootoo anyday.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

TooToo has BY FAR taken over my most hated player spot. Pronger just took a backseat to this little piece of crap eskimo. I LOVE when someone gets the best of TooToo. Nothing puts a smile on my face quicker. I wanna see someone just annihilate this guy.

well, this isn't a fight clip but if you want to see Tootoo get steamrolled this is fun to watch.

yeah, its a terribly late hit I know. But the title the poster chose for the clip just cracks me up. This guy really is hated everywhere outside of smashvegas.

Well on a side note Tootoo got bused by his Girlfriend well now X. She found out his was cheating on her. And told the whole crowed at her concert in Michigan and also said that she hoped he got his ass kicked in the hockey game last night.

This is amazing to me. Tootoo looks like a bag of smashed a**holes and he had a superhot girlfriend. How is it this fug-midget gets TWO woman to sleep with him?

And who brings the stepladder so he can kiss them?

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time - if ever - did Tootoo throw down fairly?? He never seems to wait for the other guy to even get his gloves off before he starts wailing on him. If I had to guess, Id say it was a defense mechanism. If Tootoo fought man to man, hed be hurtin.

The guy who sucks? You mean Lapperiere?? Hes about a good an energy guy as it gets, and is an old school fighter. Id take him over tootoo anyday.

QFT! Only braindead slugs would even contemplate taking Tootoo over Lappy. Lapperierre is awesome and I'd LOVE to have him on the Wings.

In another thread someone suggested removing the 4th line from the NHL. Tootoo is a great argument for that idea.

He's the embodiment of the worst kind of 4th liner and a negative trend in the NHL. He's not sound defensively, he has no offensive upside, so he's basically an agitator. Except the way he agitates is largely through questionable hits and cheapshots.

He's going to continue to run guys and try and hurt them because it's all he really has to offer at the NHL level. And he's been rewarded for it, as it's kept him on the Preds for two seasons now. If in his 8 minutes of ice time he hurts and opponent, then I guess they figure he's helped them win.

Guest DetroitIan

well, this isn't a fight clip but if you want to see Tootoo get steamrolled this is fun to watch.

yeah, its a terribly late hit I know. But the title the poster chose for the clip just cracks me up. This guy really is hated everywhere outside of smashvegas.

Thank you for this clip! I official bury any beef we may have. In fact, I gotta go back and watch that clip about 15 more times. :clap::clap:

For those that were curios this is Tootoo's former girlfriend, whom he cheated on.

Kelly Pickler

IPB Image

IPB Image

How does this

IPB Image

get that

IPB Image

...and then F it up by cheating?

This guys as ugly as he is stupid.

Edited by Hank

IMO that is definately a bulls*** way to start a fight. Instead of squaring off he goes with a sucker punch first. Lame. Other than that I give him props for fighting bigger guys.

I dont think there are many NHLers that are that short ???