• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
aflac9262

11/1 GDT: Red Wings 4, Flames 1

Rate this topic

I was kind of hoping Howard would play tonight. Ozzie has been playing a lot lately and may be getting fatigued, however, he also doesn't know how to lose because it goes against his genetic code. Hope Oz doesn't show some fatigue tonight, but if he does its been a long road trip so I don't blame him.

Looks to be a good one.

Wings 3 (Sammy, Zetterberg, Cleary)

Flames 2 (Iginla, Aucoin)

It will be an OT game...

I will look to be joining this party a little late... my G'pa is celebrating his EFFING 99th B-DAY yeah man!!!!!!

so.... in my honor someone please carry on the tradition of posting this:

IPB Image

after each wings goal.

GO OZZIE

GO WINGS!

Edited by OsGOD

for some reason i feel like the Wings are gonna have a hiccup tonight.

i want to be wrong (like i was when they faced the Oil a few nights back)

but if they play like they did against the Oil, they wont be so lucky to get bailed out by a late fortunate goal.

i feel uneasy about this one....

either way, im finding that i cant doubt them much in many situations this year.. which is great.

they're exploding out of the gate, so i can see tonight going both ways.

Go Wingss!

Edited by kylee

007 - 10:19AM' post='1180342']

I will look to be joining this party a little late... my G'pa is celebrating his EFFING 99th B-DAY yeah man!!!!!!

so.... in my honor someone please carry on the tradition of posting this:

IPB Image

after each wings goal.

GO OZZIE

GO WINGS!

:o That's incredible!

I haven't joined in many of the GDT's lately as my bride has been using the computer during the recent Wings games. When she isn't using it I usually post, otherwise I just sit back and enjoy the game without the GDT.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

:o That's incredible!

I haven't joined in many of the GDT's lately as my bride has been using the computer during the recent Wings games. When she isn't using it I usually post, otherwise I just sit back and enjoy the game without the GDT.

I am starting to think you have the right idea, Mac. ;)

for some reason i feel like the Wings are gonna have a hiccup tonight.

i want to be wrong (like i was when they faced the Oil a few nights back)

but if they play like they did against the Oil, they wont be so lucky to get bailed out by a late fortunate goal.

i feel uneasy about this one....

either way, im finding that i cant doubt them much in many situations this year.. which is great.

they're exploding out of the gate, so i can see tonight going both ways.

Go Wingss!

you know you had that feeling last game and we managed alright...i even had a bad feeling last game....dont have it this game...hopefully I am right

3-1 Wings

(Sammy, Homer, Z (EN) )

(Langkow)

Against Calgary, i would of prefered to have Rex scratched for tonight. as much as i like Rex, i cant see him doing much.. Bring Kopecky up to the 2nd line. and have the 4th get Downey..

That way we have more bigger bodies.. and we dont sacrifice much in return.

We'll see, but can you imagine what Drake/Downey could do together? I

Wings (3) - Kopecky, Lebda, Zetterberg

Flames - (2) - Huselius - Huselius

I'm glad that this road game has an early start time of 8pm. But why is it at 8pm? Isn't that kind of early in Calgary?

It's a 6pm start in Calgary. I asked about the oddball start time over at calgarypuck.com and they weren't too sure either. The best theory I've heard so far is that both the Calgary and Vancouver game are on PPV and they didn't want the games to conflict with one another.

I'm glad that this road game has an early start time of 8pm. But why is it at 8pm? Isn't that kind of early in Calgary?

Yes sir, 6 o'clock start in Calgary, really early, but I had the day off today so it's all good :D

4-1 wings

I wanna see Danny score live again like last year, but follow it up with Maltby, Zetterberg and Samuelson.

I cant wait for tonight!!!!! It'd be nice to see a fight live too, Go Downey!

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Okay so after reading the GDT, I guess i wasn't paying to the schedule and all I have to say is WTF??? 5 days off until the next game? What kind of retarded scheduling is that?

Oh by the way: Wings 4 Flames 2.

Edited by Winged Scooter

According to the Detroit News - the reason the game is starting early.....

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2007/11/wi..._their_ear.html

Wings fans will take their early-start breaks

Posted by George James Malik November 01, 2007 14:25PM

Given that Detroit Red Wings fans have been burning the midnight oil rather regularly of late as the Wings are completing their sixth West Coast game within a 30-day period, the fact that the Calgary Flames chose to start their pay-per-view telecast early is a welcome respite from those 10 or 10:30 EDT stars:

October 31, Detroit News: Weird start time here in Calgary tomorrow, 6 p.m. (8 p.m. Det time). Why so early? Near as we've been told, the Flames were worried about a possible conflict with a Game 7 in the World Series. So not wanting to even have a possiblity of that, the Flames pushed back the game time early on. That's fine with Wings fans back in the East

Okay so after reading the GDT, I guess i wasn't paying to the schedule and all I have to say is WTF??? 5 days off until the next game? What kind of retarded scheduling is that?

Oh by the way: Wings 4 Flames 2.

yeah that is a pretty huge lay over. but the Wings need it, two western road trips the first month of the season is no piece of cake.

but hey,

if it helps the Wings win some more games in the future, i know ill have to wait patiently until nashville next week.

Woah. All day I've been telling myself that Hank would get a hattrick and with that exact same score. Hmmmmm.

Wings 4 (3 by Hank, Cleary)

Flames 2

GO WINGS!!!

SHUT 'EM DOWN OZZIE!!!!!

I predicted 4-2 as well, I think it's a good sign! :thumbup:

Yes sir, 6 o'clock start in Calgary, really early, but I had the day off today so it's all good :D

I cant wait for tonight!!!!! It'd be nice to see a fight live too, Go Downey!

Enjoy the game DFan! Tonight should be a good game.

I think I'll be watching this one. Don't know if I'll check the GDT but this game will need a better effort than last night for sure.

I noticed Gord Dwyer is going to be officiating tonight. Wasn't he the referee that kept calling penalties on Homer? Ugh.

That name sounds familiar.

I hope to God this isn't another freakshow, I might turn the damn thing off if that guy repeats on us.

I noticed Gord Dwyer is going to be officiating tonight. Wasn't he the referee that kept calling penalties on Homer? Ugh.

Yup hes the ****** bag. But I think he also did the Oilers game...but there wasnt much action in that game to call anyways.

Against Calgary, i would of prefered to have Rex scratched for tonight. as much as i like Rex, i cant see him doing much.. Bring Kopecky up to the 2nd line. and have the 4th get Downey..

That way we have more bigger bodies.. and we dont sacrifice much in return.

We'll see, but can you imagine what Drake/Downey could do together? I

Wings (3) - Kopecky, Lebda, Zetterberg

Flames - (2) - Huselius - Huselius

I am SO GLAD you arent the coach of this team.