• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Booster313

Trade Deadline Options

Rate this topic

I am still hoping the Columbus falls off and we are able to get Sergi back. Kenny tends to look for the aging super stars that may present a bargin and I think we could resign him in the off season for a reasonable amount. If he plays a few more years with us and retires a Wing we should retire his number.

You think prospal is on the block?

Both Prospal and Norstrom are UFA at season's end. Prospal always plays his best hockey in contract years. Not to imply he only plays well when a contract is on the line. Either way, Tampa may not be playoff bound this year, and if Prospal continues to play hot hockey (6pt in last 2 games) he may price himself out of Tampa. In which case they trade him at the deadline rather than letting him go for nothing in July. Makes sense to me.

And Norstrom would be a terrific rental.

I wouldnt mind snagging Chris Gratton. Big tough, can get 20-30 goals for us. wouldnt take much to get him, thats realistic i believe.

I would really like some more big bodied folks who got a good balance of offence and defence.

Kopecky is ideal almost, has enough grit to aggravate people but not enough to get him into trouble.. and he can handle the puck good. just needs to shoot more when he gets the puck i think. Another person like kopecky but a little better, and id be happy.

We dont' really need a rent-a-player yet. I'd hate to mess with the chemistry, even for a great player.

However, I would love to get Modano cheap, as he is a first class player like the Captain, even if he is past his prime.

Also, Hossa would be an interesting choice, as would Sundin.

do u really think dallas would actually trade modano? i mean, yeah he is declining, but he means alot to that team and city. He is pretty much their version of yzerman. when stevies numbers started to slide, we didnt talk about trading him. unless he requests it, theres no way modano is getting traded.

Define suck.

So you want the Wings to bring in a soft, unmotivated player who disappears in the playoffs? Yeah, that's exactly what we need. :rolleyes:

I don't like Marian Hossa. I don't like his attitude, I don't like how he always disappears come playoff time, and I don't like the price tag he comes with. He isn't going to make an impact on this team, in my opinion. You can't change my view on him, so don't even bother with flashing all of his pretty regular season statistics at me.

End of discussion.

Edited by Kp-Wings

So you want the Wings to bring in a soft, unmotivated player who disappears in the playoffs? Yeah, that's exactly what we need. :rolleyes:

I don't like Marian Hossa. I don't like his attitude, I don't like how he always disappears come playoff time, and I don't like the price tag he comes with. He isn't going to make an impact on this team, in my opinion. You can't change my view on him, so don't even bother with flashing all of his pretty regular season statistics at me.

End of discussion.

You're out of your ******* mind.

Not part of the discussion. Just sayin...

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Do you think he is more worried about winning a cup or trying to get a long term deal with a team that is compeltitve year in and year out? Because if he is intestested in just winning a cup this year, he could sign with a few teams, but if he wants to get on a team that is consistent year in and year out and has a great chance of winning the cup then the wings are the team. Do you think this has any chance of happening? Heard anything? Or are we just hoping haha.

Sundin has made it clear that if he is to be traded it will only as a rental player.

Sundin would be a great option, but it seems to unlikely to happen. He'd first have to waive his no-trade clause, and even if he does, who does Detroit give up? Our prospect well is running dry.

That's kind of the big question. Sundin would be this year's Forsberg. He'd command huge return on the trade market. I doubt the Leafs would do a deal with Detroit that did not include Kindl.

do u really think dallas would actually trade modano? i mean, yeah he is declining, but he means alot to that team and city. He is pretty much their version of yzerman. when stevies numbers started to slide, we didnt talk about trading him. unless he requests it, theres no way modano is getting traded.

First off, IMO, yes i think dallas would trade Modano. Throughout Yzerman's entire career there was discussion of his possible trade, the wings orginization loved him, and yet he was still the topic of discussion for trades. So i dont disregard any possibilities. Also, Dallas has taken alot of responsibility away from Modano, along with the captaincy. I cant beleive that he is happy with the orginization and their lack of faith in him. So any comparission from him to yzerman i beleive is unfair. I think Modano is just unhappy where he is and it is affecting his play. I think a change of teams and a return home would kick up his stats a bit!

I could see Hossa being moved come trade deadline, just not necessarily to Detroit.

However if the standings have any resemblance like they do now come deadline time with Ottawa and Detroit being the best two teams in the league, I think if he had an option between the two, it'd would be Detroit.

That's kind of the big question. Sundin would be this year's Forsberg. He'd command huge return on the trade market. I doubt the Leafs would do a deal with Detroit that did not include Kindl.

The only question is does Sundin stay with detroit if a trade did happen, or does he turn around and go straight back to the leafs? I wouldnt be giving up any goo prospects unless some kind of long term contract was discussed. Holland is smart though, he wont do anything dumb. If a big name is brought in at hte trade deadline he will more than likely be brought in under a contract that the compensations for the trade are determined on A) the outcome of the season and B) renewal of contracts, much like the bertuzzi deal last year.

The only question is does Sundin stay with detroit if a trade did happen, or does he turn around and go straight back to the leafs? I wouldnt be giving up any goo prospects unless some kind of long term contract was discussed. Holland is smart though, he wont do anything dumb. If a big name is brought in at hte trade deadline he will more than likely be brought in under a contract that the compensations for the trade are determined on A) the outcome of the season and B) renewal of contracts, much like the bertuzzi deal last year.

I would imagine he'd either re-sign with the Leafs or retire.

You won't get Sundin without giving up a pretty good prospect. If Detroit won't do it, somebody else will, particularily a team that's scratching and clawing to make the playoffs. While Sundin would probably prefer to go to a team that's at the top of the standings, I think he'd also go if he realized that the return the Leafs were getting for him was very good.

Mats is a loyal guy, he's definitely going to take trade return into consideration when deciding whether or not to waive his no-movement clause.

The general model for a Sundin trade would be similar to Forsberg, that being a top prospect, a young roster player with decent upside, a 1st round pick and either a secondary pick or a conditional 1st rounder.

The general model for a Sundin trade would be similar to Forsberg, that being a top prospect, a young roster player with decent upside, a 1st round pick and either a secondary pick or a conditional 1st rounder.

1st round pick, Jiri Hudler, Meech/Ericsson, 2nd round pick seems reasonable to me.

That's what I figured. Although, Sundin would probably garner more than Forsberg. Sundin is healthy, as far as I know, where Forsberg was not.

Detroit just doesn't have enough decent prospects to give up. They have Kindl, but I would hate it if the Wings threw him away for a probable rental player. He'll probably go back to Toronto at seasons end, because he doesn't want to leave anyways.

1st round pick, Jiri Hudler, Meech/Ericsson, 2nd round pick seems reasonable to me.

I don't know what Toronto incentive would have to take that trade. Hudler is small, Meech sucks, Ericsson is an unproven prospect, and two drafts picks.

I don't know what Toronto incentive would have to take that trade. Hudler is small, Meech sucks, Ericsson is an unproven prospect, and two drafts picks.

Other then Sundin, Antropov and Ponikarovsky, so is the Leafs roster. Other then Kaberle, so does Toronto's defence. I dont agree Meech sucks, he's always been a good junoir player, AHL guy, and in the few games he's been in this season, he's looked good. Most of Toronto's prospects outside of Stralman and Tlusty, are unproven prospects, Ericsson gives them a future top 4 defenceman with size. Those draft picks would interest Toronto ALOT, JFJ gave up a 1st rounder for Toskala and Bell, Im sure he'd love to acquire another.

There are 2 ways I look at this situation. 1.) John Ferguson Junior is an idiot that couldnt tell a good trade from a bad trade. 2.) Mat's may see roster player, 2 prospects and a 1st round pick as fair value and tell JFJ to take that deal. You never know.

I think a safer bet would be Modano and Ryder IMO. Modano would probably take a 3rd rounder and a prospect/farmer (Not a good one mind you) and Ryder would probably cost a Hudler/Filpula and a prospect. Ryder would probably re-sign with us, and even if Modano didnt, he'd be one hell of a playoff pick-up, considering his leadership and faceoffs. He may not be the player he once was, but he's still good enough to ancore our 2nd line.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Hey peoples.......as far as this Sundin talk goes:

#1 - F(*& 'em. Do you remember when he had his little 2 day tour of Toronto, in a convertable, with his Olympic medal WHILE THE LEAFS WERE FAILING TO MAKE THE NHL PLAYOFFS?

#2 - F(*& 'em.......I got no #2.

aloha

Hey peoples.......as far as this Sundin talk goes:

#1 - F(*& 'em. Do you remember when he had his little 2 day tour of Toronto, in a convertable, with his Olympic medal WHILE THE LEAFS WERE FAILING TO MAKE THE NHL PLAYOFFS?

#2 - F(*& 'em.......I got no #2.

aloha

Mats scored 20 goals and 17 assists in the 25 Leaf games after the Olympics. He didn't miss a single game and did pretty much everything in his power to try and will the Leafs into the playoffs. Including a 6 point effort in a 6-5 OT win in the final week of the season. You can't blame Sundin for the Leafs sucking.

and sundin is old and has never been able to lead his team to the cup.

think of the upside to the deal?

Hudler, Small yet explosive talent, great scoring touch, and becoming a better player each game.

Meech, Good young defencemen, no glaring strength or weakness, just a solid Dman who will make limited mistakes.

Erricksson, Great young talent, who can play both Center and Defence. Great offencive ability

2Draft pickss, Great way to continue to build your team for future.

--

Sundin, Great player good leader. aging vet who has yet to win the cup. The youth movement sent from detroit could extend the leafs chances for cup longer then without the trade.

Guest wingswillwincup

Hudler, Small yet explosive talent, great scoring touch, and becoming a better player each game.

Meech, Good young defencemen, no glaring strength or weakness, just a solid Dman who will make limited mistakes.

Erricksson, Great young talent, who can play both Center and Defence. Great offencive ability

--

Sundin, Great player good leader. aging vet who has yet to win the cup. The youth movement sent from detroit could extend the leafs chances for cup longer then without the trade.

i wouldnt throw in ericsson , hes a big d man which were lacking ...... hudler id love to keep him but i dont think hes got a future here for some reason i dont think babcock likes him so i can deal with him being gone ..... but the wings would never trade top prospects for a rental player , thats one of the reasons we been so good for so long , the wings like the other top teams wont trade away a top player like other desperate teams like the islanders and predators did

Guest wingswillwincup

--

i wouldnt throw in ericsson , hes a big d man which were lacking ...... hudler id love to keep him but i dont think hes got a future here for some reason i dont think babcock likes him so i can deal with him being gone ..... but the wings would never trade top prospects for a rental player , thats one of the reasons we been so good for so long , the wings like the other top teams wont trade away a top player like other desperate teams like the islanders and predators did

--

Mats Sundin is currently what, top-5 in NHL scoring? If he even stays in the top-10, there's no way he'll get traded for a potential second-liner and a couple of "might be" prospects. The Leafs will demand guaranteed return for Mats.

IMO trading for Sundin is not worth it. There is 0% of him resigning and even if we win the cup with him, we lose prospects who we have been grooming and developing for years. Not even close to worth it. Trading draft picks is one thing.... but trading players that have been in the system forever for a rental with no chance in resigning is something I don't see Kenny doing.... which is why the Wings stay good for so long.

Hossa however I would trade for. The reason for this is because I think he would be a great fit with Datsyuk. If the Wings could somehow free up some cap space to trade for Hossa and they talk to Hossa about possibly resigning... this would be a great signing for the wings. I would say Hudler, Kopecky, Ericson, plus 1st and incentives on how far wings make it into the playoffs would be a good deal.

Hossa/Sundin = Mondo money, and would ask for to much money which would = no zetterberg.

Realisticly. Its going to have to be Pav's and Henrik. for now on out, unless there isa player we can snag for the relative same price as we got bertuzzi. which is doubtful we got Bert so cheap cuz of injuries and his track record. and we still didnt get any production.

Personally the only trade id want done is Kronner and Lilja.

both have value, its just limited. for some teams they would be top 4's.

for a derek morris type player. doubt they would do it straight up. but if they did i would be syked..

Edited by Grittzkey