• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
betterREDthandead

Bucci blogs the Wings

Rate this topic

Bringing old school and new school together, one puck at a time

Earlier he decided to watch a random Wings-Leafs game from 1971 in which he didn't know the outcome - now he has a new twist and blogs two games at once, including last night's.

Favorite quote from the article:

There is simply no better NHL broadcasting tandem than Ken Daniels and Mickey Redmond. Some might be as good, but not better. Daniels has few peers as a play-by-play man. He has passion, a great voice and extensive knowledge, and he flawlessly sets the scene. I assume he rejects any national game opportunities because he clearly should get those assignments. Redmond is so likable and warm, you feel as though he is in the living room with you. Every one of their games sounds important and eventful.

I really think Bucci secretly loves the Wings, he'd never admit it, but he talks about our boys more than any other team it seems like.

I like this quote...

So far this season, the Detroit Red Wings are the best team. They are by far the best-coached club. Mike Babcock is hands down the best coach in the NHL. He has to be Canada's coach at the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver, and Steve Yzerman should pick the team. Synergy, people.

They score, they check and simply control the game. They are a little top-heavy scoringwise and, for this game (at least at the start), will split up Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg. Jiri Hudler is coming on and has been playing at about a point-per-game rate. You can see his confidence growing.

Edited by Bluedevils_13

I really think Bucci secretly loves the Wings, he'd never admit it, but he talks about our boys more than any other team it seems like.

He does talk Wings quite a bit. I don't think he's a Wings fan, exactly, but he is an old-schooler from way back and loves the O6, and I think he talks up the Wings because they're the one O6 team that's doing tradition proud. He also talks about the Bruins a lot, probably at least as much as the Wings.

I particularly like this from Bucci (whom I don't always care for - sometimes he's just a flat-out dork):

4:45 [1st period]: There is simply no better NHL broadcasting tandem than Ken Daniels and Mickey Redmond. Some might be as good, but not better. Daniels has few peers as a play-by-play man. He has passion, a great voice and extensive knowledge, and he flawlessly sets the scene. I assume he rejects any national game opportunities because he clearly should get those assignments. Redmond is so likable and warm, you feel as though he is in the living room with you. Every one of their games sounds important and eventful. Penalty shot! Valtteri Filppula gets tripped up going to the net alone, and Fraser awards a penalty shot. Filppula's world-class move beats Predators goalie Dan Ellis. It's 2-0 Detroit after one.

Dont understand how he thinks are goaltending needs to be better for us to win the cup. our goaltending is at a all time high right now.

True.

How good does he want it to be ?

Two goaltenders with a GAA under 0.75 ?

Yeah, the goaltending comment is silly, no idea what Bucci was thinking when he wrote that.

Well, coming into the season an aging Hasek was slated to be our starter and only real option in goal. Osgood was considered to be a backup who could be called upon to play more in a time of need. Hasek has been questionable all season, and is only now starting to play close to expectations. So yeah, goaltending is still an issue...it's just that Osgood has stood on his head while Hasek was in his funk. I still think that Hasek needs a few more solid games before I consider him 100%. Most of the world outside Michigan still look at Hasek as being our workhorse.

I do agree that we need a little more "sandpaper" as he said on the back end. I can just see Lebda, or even worse, Meech getting manhandled in the playoffs in front of the net.

Edited by jerm8352