• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WhiteLightning91

CHI Trades Jim Vandermeer To PHI For Ben Eager

Rate this topic

I was actually wondering how long Eager would last in the league. He certainly is NOT great. I'm not sure what he does well to be honest with you. He is somewhat of a tough guy, but not really. He cheap shotted Laraque, but no way he was going to drop the gloves with him. He took on 41 year old Roberts instead and got his ass beat pretty good.

I was actually wondering how long Eager would last in the league. He certainly is NOT great. I'm not sure what he does well to be honest with you. He is somewhat of a tough guy, but not really. He cheap shotted Laraque, but no way he was going to drop the gloves with him. He took on 41 year old Roberts instead and got his ass beat pretty good.

The look on Robert's face after that fight was priceless, like he saying, "Son, Please, If you're going to come with that weak s*** you might as well go home." then he ***** slapped him and called him Suzie.

Whoops I made that last part up!

The look on Robert's face after that fight was priceless, like he saying, "Son, Please, If you're going to come with that weak s*** you might as well go home." then he ***** slapped him and called him Suzie.

Whoops I made that last part up!

Obviously you made the last part up! I was there. He called him Sadie, not Suzie

Bwwahahahaaaaaa

Philly fans thought eager was garbage.

Philly fans are right. Eager's stats:

111 games

9 goals

10 assists

313 pim

Playoffs:

2 games

26 pim

Looks like he spends most of the game in the penalty box. Chicago can keep him.

Well Vandermeer is set to become a UFA at the end of the season. Eager is signed next year @ .65M I think.

Seems like this was a lateral move by both clubs. These guys play a similar game. Physical guys who have some offensive upside that they've yet to show.

I'd like to give Philly the edge because I think they got the better player. Plus losing Vandermeer really thins out Chicago's D.

edit: spelling

Edited by rick zombo

Hmm interesting deal.. I guess Roberts can't tune Eager anymore... Well that's good for us if Eager is in the box lots, now when we play the Hawks maybe we can take advantage on the PP :thumbup:

And at the same time their D has gotten weaker and thinner!!

I dont think Chicagos D got weaker. Byfuglien is up full time it looks like and hes kicking ass. Vandermeer was the odd man out and/or Chicago wanted to make space for a bigger acqusition in the form of a vet PP QB.

Last I heard they had moved Byfuglien up to forward.

He is doing very well though

I like this deal for both sides. Eager is pretty great, and Vandermeer is a tough SOB.

I cant wait to hear Lou's opinon on this one!

Here ya go! :)

Ben Eager is a nice acquisition for Chicago, but was expendable by Philly because of Riley Cote. The guy does possess some skill...i like him. I believe he's moved because they arent fond on the idea of both in the same lineup...so one had to go. Cote doesnt win all too often, but he is probably the most entertaining fighter going right now. He's a warrior! Eager is pretty tough, dont let the Roberts fight fool you, that was a bit of an upset. This is basically a lateral move as someone else pointed out. Coincidentaly, or maybe not, both have been involved in fights with questionable outcomes this year. Eager getting his ass whooped by Roberts, and Vandermeer having a war with Nash. Fresh start for both is in good order.