• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Heaton

Official: Osgood Signs 3-Year, $4.25m Extension

Rate this topic

Guest wingswillwincup
If anything he's been underrated most of his career.

That being said, this is sweet news. :rockstar: :band:

ya cause when you see the all time goalies win list and you see ozzie there he comes to mind as one of the best goalies of all time ..... pls lol ....lets just agree to disagree , that being said i am happy he got signed for 1.5 only , for 3 yrs , but id be pissed if he were to be our starter the next 3 yrs , i wanna see howard being the main guy in 2 yrs , gotta think about the future and ozzie is creeping up on 40 , in the next few yrs we'll find out of howard is our guy to the future or not ( i personally think itll end up being daniel larsson)

ya cause when you see the all time goalies win list and you see ozzie there he comes to mind as one of the best goalies of all time ..... pls lol ....lets just agree to disagree ,

Nobody is saying Osgood is one of the best goalies of all times, you are just putting words in people's thoughts that aren't there. It's pretty much a given that he has been underrated or at least underappreciated throughout the majority of his career.

that being said i am happy he got signed for 1.5 only , for 3 yrs , but id be pissed if he were to be our starter the next 3 yrs , i wanna see howard being the main guy in 2 yrs , gotta think about the future and ozzie is creeping up on 40 , in the next few yrs we'll find out of howard is our guy to the future or not ( i personally think itll end up being daniel larsson)

We currently have a goaltender over 40 who seems to be doing pretty well for himself right now...

Howard still has aways to go, at least on the surface, before he's NHL ready I think. Hopefully Grand Rapids fans would know a bit more behind the scenes.

Guest wingswillwincup
Nobody is saying Osgood is one of the best goalies of all times, you are just putting words in people's thoughts that aren't there. It's pretty much a given that he has been underrated or at least underappreciated throughout the majority of his career.

We currently have a goaltender over 40 who seems to be doing pretty well for himself right now...

Howard still has aways to go, at least on the surface, before he's NHL ready I think. Hopefully Grand Rapids fans would know a bit more behind the scenes.

well i think hes been greatly overrated especially by wings fans who are biased , thats my opinion

We currently have a goaltender over 40 who seems to be doing pretty well for himself right now ------------ well ozzie aint no hasek , hasek is a world class goalie and one of the greatest in the last 20 yrs and won a bunch of vezina's and awards .... i still think howard should get a bit less then half of the games next season , no better way to learn then by playing , theres no point of bringing him here to play 15 games , he needs to play

Guest wingswillwincup
Then by your reasoning Patrick Roy isn't Hockey HOF worthy since he never played on a "bad" team, & his accomplishments are irrelevent ;)

roy never played on a bad team ?? .....LOLLLL you must be a new fan and only seen him play with colorado , i hate roy with a passion but that loser helped the habs win 2 cups , he was a rookie on his first cup and his 2nd he carried a mediocre team that kept winning 1 goal games to a stanley cup ...... he played really good for the habs when he was there so i dont know what your talkin about, i hate roy , but pls dont compare ozzie to him

Osgood: "I'll do whatever they ask."

This guy is amazing. Plain and simple. Can't say enough good things about him.

Yup. He's almost completely changed my attitude on him. I mean, I still don't think he was all that great when he was on his first go round, and I still wish he'd refrain from throwing his arms out to the side every time a shot goes in that he was screened on, but it's really hard not to like a guy like that who wants to be a Red Wing no matter what. And one who is so damn funny in interviews and in the room. His attitude is pretty impressive, and even if he's just a backup for those 3 years (unlikely), that's still a bargain price.

He deserves to end his career here and it's nice he'll probably get a chance to. As long as he keeps playing well, I've got nothing bad to say about the guy. There are a lot of worse people that Howard could learn from. If nothing else, Ozzie can teach him a lesson about playing goal in Detroit.

Osgood: "I'll do whatever they ask."

This guy is amazing. Plain and simple. Can't say enough good things about him.

Gotta love Ozzie.

And I disagree with others. I have the guts to say that Ozzie is one of the best of all time. I'm not saying THE best I'm not saying he's in the top 10. But in the history of goaltending he's in the upper echelon. He's not flashy, and he's not insane, but quietly he's accomplished a lot and continues to roll. Critisze me all you want, I've always known he's under-rated. Being #1 in the league and still considered a backup is pretty much proof that he's just simply over-looked and doesn't really get the respect he deserves. I've always known this, never thought it would be proved. He's not top 10 of all time or anything like that, but he deserves a whole HELL of a lot more respect than he's gotten. He's thrived and done well in the best hockey league in the world, and I don't think he's finished. For whatever reason there's always been blatent bias against him. I'm still not 100% sure why.

Gotta love Ozzie.

And I disagree with others. I have the guts to say that Ozzie is one of the best of all time. I'm not saying THE best I'm not saying he's in the top 10. But in the history of goaltending he's in the upper echelon. He's not flashy, and he's not insane, but quietly he's accomplished a lot and continues to roll. Critisze me all you want, I've always known he's under-rated. Being #1 in the league and still considered a backup is pretty much proof that he's just simply over-looked and doesn't really get the respect he deserves. I've always known this, never thought it would be proved. He's not top 10 of all time or anything like that, but he deserves a whole HELL of a lot more respect than he's gotten. He's thrived and done well in the best hockey league in the world, and I don't think he's finished. For whatever reason there's always been blatent bias against him. I'm still not 100% sure why.

Exactly..

That's why I took the liberty to make some adjustments on his player bio on TSN:

ozze8.jpg

Edited by interminded

Gotta love Ozzie.

Amen, sista!