• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
aflac9262

1/15 GDT: Thrashers 5, Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

There is a problem with this slump you see, and that is the scheduling. If we can't win against "easy" opponents, how are we going to win against teams in the Central division that we have had trouble with already, that make up most of the final games of the season we will play?

We need points while we can get them.

How do you figure an easy team??? They are leading their division, the weakest one, but still. They have a player third over all in points. First in goal scoring.

I'll put my two cents in from the game.

1. You can't keep changing lines and expect them to know each other. I saw several different line combos tonight. May be that's why our passes were way off.

2. Same goes for D pairs. You play with a guy learn to know what he's thinking and then split them up?

3. If you have a back up goalie, he must be ready to go into the game. Babcock stated on the radio on the way home he was going to put him in after the second goal, Hasek wasn't ready. Then the third, he was still stretching, finally Hasek was ready. May be too late? After the second goal had he gone in would things have been different?

It was a bad game, they sucked, lets move on.

How do you figure an easy team??? They are leading their division, the weakest one, but still. They have a player third over all in points. First in goal scoring.

I'll put my two cents in from the game.

1. You can't keep changing lines and expect them to know each other. I saw several different line combos tonight. May be that's why our passes were way off.

2. Same goes for D pairs. You play with a guy learn to know what he's thinking and then split them up?

3. If you have a back up goalie, he must be ready to go into the game. Babcock stated on the radio on the way home he was going to put him in after the second goal, Hasek wasn't ready. Then the third, he was still stretching, finally Hasek was ready. May be too late? After the second goal had he gone in would things have been different?

It was a bad game, they sucked, lets move on.

1. their passing was off the last two games, too. So I guess we play the same lines every game, as a solution.

2. Even Nick was making gaffes tonight, the whole team was off

3. game story link

Why in the world would Babs yank Ozzie after two goals? I don't mean to mess up the "what if's" and who's to blame for the loss and such, with actual information, but...

"Mike told me after the third goal to get ready, so I stretched a little bit," Hasek said. "I stretched for about five minutes. I felt comfortable going in."

it kind of bothers me that Dom never has the shoulder pads on or anything like that. If Ozzie was to get hurt and Dom had to jump right in....I know that they dont really plan on pulling a goalie out once they start, but it makes sense to have them fully suited up and ready to go no matter what.

Guest Jeremy88

i love how the nhl announces we've got 3 starters, a goalie, and our coach are going to be at the all-star game......THEN we can't win a game

OK, so my 5-2 Wings prediction was a little off......

Its officially a slump now, but wings slumps rarely go to 4 games.......they'd better come out fired up on Thursday. But then I said that yesterday.....

jeez... one bad game and ppl whine like crazy. just put yourself in Maple Leafs

fan shoes and think how usual is it when your team loses and how much joy

it is when it finally wins a game once in 2-3 weeks :)

seriously - they lost. didn't play that bad initially, but after 2 goals it all went

downspiral. it just is this way sometimes.

neither this is going to continue nor is this important at all. they still sit

comfortably atop West and don't need to fire at all cylinders every single game.

right?

Yes, but if we played good and lost I would not be annoyed or something, but thing is, our team played really bad 3 games, seemed like lack of effort to me, especially in first (two) period(s) of these games, maybe they need some more motivation, I hope we get through this and we will see the Red Wings hockey soon.

jeez... one bad game and ppl whine like crazy. just put yourself in Maple Leafs

fan shoes and think how usual is it when your team loses and how much joy

it is when it finally wins a game once in 2-3 weeks :)

That's exactly what I was thinking when the game was clearing out with 10 minutes to go last night, actually. We left early too, but seeing a bad game like that reminds you that some teams see that every night.

At least we went out when the Wings scored. Lehtonen picking up the SO would have been embarassing, even moreso than the game already was.

I guess it is hard to keep the mental edge all 82 season games long.

I was mad that we really show up with no energy against East's best team but not overly concerned that we lost last game. We thought we were going to win before the puck drop.. and didn't. Thrashers showed up ready to make a statement and played well enough to win.

IMO we don't have to set the league record in win again. Last time we did that we didn't get the Cup anyway. If other teams start to underrate our team it is only going to be a good thing. Rather to ease off now to let some steams out and build up again towards to playoff round 1.

Stanley Cup winners get their name immortalized. President Trophy winners are side notes.

Well people are pushing the panic button already great.. I don't know what the need is to.. Great teams in all sports are going to go through slumps, it happens lets get over it. If anything I think the Wings need this if anything to get them playing with intensity and heart again... The Wings will be fine, and they will come out fired up on thursday against the Canucks.. GO WINGS