• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DenJ91

Fedorov back on the wings?

Rate this topic

At least we realize that the best way to learn is learn from someone who has had success in a certain area. Fedorov has had success in lighting the lamp in the playoffs and thus he would be a great player to learn from...

I am glad the uppers aren't tools!

He hasn't even been in the playoffs in 5 years, so what makes you think he can still "light the lamp" as you put it. Hey, based on that reasoning Lapointe might be traded for because he used to "light the lamp" too.

He hasn't even been in the playoffs in 5 years, so what makes you think he can still "light the lamp" as you put it. Hey, based on that reasoning Lapointe might be traded for because he used to "light the lamp" too.

When Marty hold playoff record for any team then we can talk about his success in the post season. I said Fedorov has had success in the past and he still holds records that no body has even touched on the wings in those 5 years he has been away (to me that means no body on the team has found that same success, am i wrong?) Fedorov will be a good mentor to the rest of the guys becuase he has done it before.

For and example of leadership... as a struggling coach do you follow the teaching of a losing coach or follow the teaching of a coach who had succuess (more often then not they still won't be coaching either). If you want to be successfull you learn from someone who has been successful. Fedorov has had that success, will he still score in the playoffs? your no is as good as my yes... but he can show our kids what they need to be doing... 'cause lord knows they haven't been doing it the last 5 years!

I can picture a "Shanny-esque" performance from Feds if he came back to Detroit at the trade deadline. I've always considered Feds to be perhaps the greatest underachiever ever to play in the NHL - which is to say, when he's motivated and on his game, few can match him. If coming back to hockey-mecca doesn't light his fire (and in turn, have him lighting the lamp), I cannot imagine what would.

I would hate to lose Kopecky for the bargain, but for the right price (and for stupid sentimental reasons), I would love to see Fedorov in a Wings jersey again.

When Marty hold playoff record for any team then we can talk about his success in the post season. I said Fedorov has had success in the past and he still holds records that no body has even touched on the wings in those 5 years he has been away (to me that means no body on the team has found that same success, am i wrong?) Fedorov will be a good mentor to the rest of the guys becuase he has done it before.

For and example of leadership... as a struggling coach do you follow the teaching of a losing coach or follow the teaching of a coach who had succuess (more often then not they still won't be coaching either). If you want to be successfull you learn from someone who has been successful. Fedorov has had that success, will he still score in the playoffs? your no is as good as my yes... but he can show our kids what they need to be doing... 'cause lord knows they haven't been doing it the last 5 years!

If he can't still score, which I don't think he can, I don't care if he's a mentor or not. We need a good legitimate scoring threat right now. We're not in a rebuilding phase to teach the young guys how to step it up in the future. The truth is that if this team won't win the Cup this year, the season was a disappointment. I don't think Feds is that guy who's going to help us win the Cup. Besides, no one seems to realize that his health has been a huge question mark the last few years, and the WIngs have enough injuries as it is.

I can picture a "Shanny-esque" performance from Feds if he came back to Detroit at the trade deadline. I've always considered Feds to be perhaps the greatest underachiever ever to play in the NHL - which is to say, when he's motivated and on his game, few can match him. If coming back to hockey-mecca doesn't light his fire (and in turn, have him lighting the lamp), I cannot imagine what would.

I would hate to lose Kopecky for the bargain, but for the right price (and for stupid sentimental reasons), I would love to see Fedorov in a Wings jersey again.

Why? I'd trade Kopecky for a shot of scotch right now.

If we got Feds back, we'd only have to pay half his salary, correct? Anyone know how much he's making as of now?

Also, can anyone post the thing that Kevin Allen wrote or said about Feds. I want to get excited, but not overly. LOL

this?

There would be few boo's from the crowd at the Joe (and none from me) if Sergei returned for cheap and lit a fire under our anemic offense. I am so tired of the requisite 2-goals-for per game limit the Wings have adopted the past month or so, despite 40+ SOG.

It's nice to fling a lot of rubber at the other goalie and it's kind of the Wings to pad opposing goalies' stats -- but, you know... accuracy has a lot going for it, I hear. <_<

If he can't still score, which I don't think he can, I don't care if he's a mentor or not. We need a good legitimate scoring threat right now. We're not in a rebuilding phase to teach the young guys how to step it up in the future. The truth is that if this team won't win the Cup this year, the season was a disappointment. I don't think Feds is that guy who's going to help us win the Cup. Besides, no one seems to realize that his health has been a huge question mark the last few years, and the WIngs have enough injuries as it is.

I am very sorry to hear that...

I am very sorry to hear that...

There's no other way to look at it. If they don't win it, then that means they will have finished with the best record in the West 4 years in a row, with no Cup to show for it, or potentially even a finals appearance, if they can't get past Anaheim.

I like to look at it as a possible 9month of entertainment via hockey. I guess in my fan years i have been around losing in the post season a lot more than winning... so i just don't get bent out of shape when we lose. That maybe that is just me but winning it is all isn't everything.

For me i would rather Lose with Feds than win without him if that was my options.. however as a smart ass cookie once said 5 years ago, NoSergeiNoCup. So luckily the win without feds isn't really an option :)

Edited by OsGOD

Am I the only person here who realizes that Feds gets hurt a lot, and isn't the same player he was back in Detroit?

I dont understand why they want him. He sucks, first and foremost, and he's always injured. Plus, this guy is a 3rd liner with a good slapshot at this point in his career. Nevertheless, I would do Kopecky straight up for Fedorov, but that's it. I wouldnt give up anything of real value for Feds.

Am I the only person here who realizes that Feds gets hurt a lot, and isn't the same player he was back in Detroit?
No. Others just have blinders on.

I dont understand why they want him. He sucks, first and foremost, and he's always injured. Plus, this guy is a 3rd liner with a good slapshot at this point in his career.

This coming from a guy who is calling for McCarty to return. Interesting.

People want Fedorov because he's very talented, plays both ways, and can play any position if needed -- three very valuable qualities in the playoffs. Who knows what a return to Detroit would do for the guy? He's always been a stud in the post-season.

Edited by ARice89

The only reason I want Sergei RIGHT NOW is because of our 2nd pp unit. We need someone who can settle the play down and make something happen and he would do wonders for it. Yes, he's probably a 3rd liner on this team unless he plays incredibly well - but we need help on our PP and I think he would be great.

Fedorov sucks? Since when? This is really all new news to me.

Just because he hasn't put up great #'s since he's left doesn't mean he's no good. There are a lot of star players shine much less when put with a below average team, such as the Blue Jackets. No that's not an excuse, but it happens a lot. Feds would thrive playing for Detroit again.

Think of how awesome it would be having him in the playoffs. Him, Hank, and Pavel centering their own lines, or perhaps playing together. *drools* not only that, but the fact that if one of our d-man got injured *hopefully not*, but Feds could easily fill in for that and do a hell of a job doing so. He needs to come back. He's been here each time we've won the Cup, let's not forget that. ;)

Fedorov sucks? Since when? This is really all new news to me.

Just because he hasn't put up great #'s since he's left doesn't mean he's no good. There are a lot of star players shine much less when put with a below average team, such as the Blue Jackets. No that's not an excuse, but it happens a lot. Feds would thrive playing for Detroit again.

Think of how awesome it would be having him in the playoffs. Him, Hank, and Pavel centering their own lines, or perhaps playing together. *drools* not only that, but the fact that if one of our d-man got injured *hopefully not*, but Feds could easily fill in for that and do a hell of a job doing so. He needs to come back. He's been here each time we've won the Cup, let's not forget that. ;)

Well technically speaking........ :ph34r:

Ohh..come on, Zac. You know he was a huge part of the three times the Wings won.

Lol. I know, I was just talking about the other 7! :lol:

rumor just heard on 97.1 the ticket... Feds for Kopecky?????? Thoughts???

I'd imagine this "rumour" was just taken from a suggestion a writer made in The Hockey News a couple weeks ago.

Do the Jackets not have any interest in re-signing Sergei, or is it rumoured that he's interested in leaving?

I'd imagine this "rumour" was just taken from a suggestion a writer made in The Hockey News a couple weeks ago.

Do the Jackets not have any interest in re-signing Sergei, or is it rumoured that he's interested in leaving?

It might just be a rumor, but it's got legs in Detroit media. Every online sports page in today's Detroit Wings' news has the possible trade as a headline. Here's one:

Kulfan on Feds' return

<<Chelios doesn't think Fedorov would mind a return to Detroit.

"I know he loves Detroit," Chelios said. "His family is still here. I'm sure it would be an option (when Fedorov becomes an unrestricted free agent this summer).

"He has a lot of friends (in Detroit). He gets back here as much as he can. I know he likes Detroit a lot."

Detroit fans haven't returned the love. Fedorov has been a target of fans who felt jilted when he left as a free agent.

"That doesn't matter," Chelios said. "They'll welcome him back with open arms. He's going to be a favorite if he ever comes back here.">>

Don't be surprised. Kenny likes known quantities in his players, and he's done OK so far with recycling them, IMO.

** goes to get Fedorov jersey out of mothballs** :lol:

Sounds like it

on a side note... Cheli is right... fans in detroit are like sheep.... the haters will welcome him back with open arms

Ahhh yeah, let the BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHhing change over to cheering once again :thumbup:

fourthperiod.com just added the flyers as another team interested in feds. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. i'm in philly. i despise (to say the least) the flyers. the ONLY good thing about that would be i get to watch him in person alot but i would HATE him to go to the flyers, they don't fit his style whatsoever, i hate the flyers so much. i don't know how i could route for a team i hate so much. what a nightmare.

if he would ever get off the IR, things could heat up. if he were playing tonight against the wings, it would be an easy way for the two gm's to talk and make something happen but teams are still waiting for him to return and see him play a couple games. HURRY UP feds, your blowing your chance to come back to the wings!!!!

and people stop being so hateful against sergei, the dude is a red wings legend like it or not. give the guy a f***in' break. wayne gretzky played on 4 teams, gordie howe played his last season in f***in' hartford!! ray bourque left the B's to win a cup, shanahan left the wings, i could go on and on. players move from team to team. get over it. welcome him back!!

Edited by DenJ91