• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DenJ91

Fedorov back on the wings?

Rate this topic

first off, i can understand how alot of fans are angry at feds for leaving, i wasn't happy either, but i'm calling myself his biggest fan and i support his decision although i think it was the worst thing for him, just please don't reply saying "f him" "he stinks" blah blah. be real and if it's negative for good reasons so be it.

so anyway according to fourthperiod.com fedorov was listed as a player the wings could be interested in. nothing would make me happier than this happening cause honestly i'm tired of routing for the hopeless bluejackets. i know the points production isn't there anymore, but lets face it #1 he's on columbus and #2 he doesn't honestly care about points, he just wants to win. i watch every game and he means so much to that team. he's actually more of a defensman than a forward and would be a great addition to the wings. it upsets me that he is booed when he goes back to detroit. ray bourque wasn't booed in boston when he left. shanahan left, i don't recall him getting booed when he comes back. sergei didn't leave for the money. he just felt it was time for a new challenge. he had won 3 cups with the wings. actually i'm not gonna pretend i know his motives, it just bothers me that he's treated poorly. he's a legend. fedorov is one of the best red wings ever, his numbers prove it and everyone knows it, i think fans are just upset he left. his # should be retired in detroit. i honestly could argue for hours why he's still an amazing player and should be welcomed back to detroit but i'll save it for the angry posts i feel is coming. GO WINGS!

Edited by DenJ91

thoughts? i mean i'm interested to know how red wings fans would feel about him coming back, would you welcome him, would the boo's stop? see i'm in the philly area, so i don't really know how he's portrayed in the detroit area, i only know from hearing him being boo'd when he goes back to play at the joe. how do you feel fedorov's legacy will be as a red wings when he retires? i'm open to discuss anything related i just dont' want it to get nasty.

wow that was deep. i saw that negativaty coming though, but i think if they bring feds back red wings fans will welcome him

nobody reads this post that is why you do not have many replies or thoughts.

I think the Wings should not add anything. Unless they only win .250% from here to the trade deadline, then I would welcome a change. Otherwise with the way the chemistry is, dont screw that up Holland.

I think he would be a good addition and this is not based on sentiment. He's always had good size and he would fit right in with the Wings since he's great both ways. The best part is he can play anywhere if someone were to get hurt in the playoffs. The question with Sergei though, as it has always been, is his heart. Would coming back to Detroit for another run inspire his play? Who knows?

Oh, and to answer your question: Fans would welcome him back no doubt. Look at Bertuzzi last year...I saw at least three or four jerseys and the guy was at one time really hated here.

Edited by ARice89

I wouldn't be upset if they brought him back. I'm not sure what his contract situation is, and I do know that he would be a great addition because he is such a two way player, question is though does he still have much left in the tank and what would we have to give up for him? As long as Huds, Fil, and our prospects, and the usual I'm all for it. But I don't want the wings to be shortsighted like many other clubs have been.

i would want him back, but no he shouldnt have his number retired...there are plenty of people who were great players who didnt ie Red Kelly for one

no disrespect to red kelly, but the guy never had a 20 goal season as a red wing. i'm gonna start a forum in the general section the subject of retiring fedorov's number. thanks though

thanks for replying so far, i'm glad people still have love for fedorov.

If the Wings got Sergei back then the boos would turn to cheers in a heartbeat. Sure you'd still have some haters but if we learned to love Bertuzzi then we can certainly love Sergei again. That being said, does he want to come back? He does get booed here every time. Then again, if I was him, I'd remember that I owe my entire NHL career to Mr. I and his family and want to retire with the team that I started with and had my best years with. Maybe he's matured enough to think that way but who knows. Either way, if he gets traded here cool. If he signs with us next year, cool. If not, cool. It ain't breakin my heart either way.

I would love having Fedorov back... but I am leery of trading a roster player with a good future (like Hudler) and a draft pick for him before the trade deadline. If it could be done for someone like Meech/Ellis and a draft pick - sure. Honestly, I would just love to see the Wings go for a FA signing of Fedorov next year.

Why are all these threads popping up with interest in Fedorov? He's washed up, and hasn't played good since 02.

Right now he has 8 goals, 27 points, and is a -4, and you can't use "he's playing for the Jackets'" as an excuse. They're second in the central (we're in first, of course), and we have all agreed that the central division is a much tougher group of teams this year. He has players around him on that team that are capable of playing alongside him. He just doesn't have it anymore.

And to give up a prospect and/or player like Hudler for that

(Hudler: 11 goals, 32 points and a +13, beating Federov in all categories)

theres no logic at all

Why are all these threads popping up with interest in Fedorov? He's washed up, and hasn't played good since 02.

Right now he has 8 goals, 27 points, and is a -4, and you can't use "he's playing for the Jackets'" as an excuse. They're second in the central (we're in first, of course), and we have all agreed that the central division is a much tougher group of teams this year. He has players around him on that team that are capable of playing alongside him. He just doesn't have it anymore.

theres no logic at all

points are everything my man, i've already stated his point racking days are over. he's more of a defensive players, watch the bluejackets, he's back deep before the defensmen are sometimes. he also has played on multiple lines this year including jared boll, curtis glencross to name some, not exactly offensive powerhouses. sergei has a role on the jackets and it's not to be a 100pt man, it's to be responsible even strength and quaterback the power play. his minus 4 rating also has to do with the youngsters he's playing with. give him a break and don't use his pt total against him. he's still an amazing player. by the way he did have 31 goals with the ducks his 1st season there, then got injured and got traded to the jackets, one of the worst offensive teams in the league without question.

Edited by DenJ91

Addition plus definitly, Salary cap and his contract........Toughy

Salary won't be a concern at that point in the season and after the season he's a free agent.

One thing that Fedorov has is his ability to play defense is someone goes down especially during a playoff run. I really feel when Schneider went down that if they had a guy like Fedorov who could play defense instead of calling up Quincey, they would have had a better shot against the ducks IMO.

theres no logic at all

Pretty muc sums up my thoughts. :thumbup:

It would seem that the BJ's would rather trade him to a team NOT in their division. I know everyone here has man love for him, but who's to say he doesn't go to the Devil's or Sens or even Pitt?

first off, i can understand how alot of fans are angry at feds for leaving, i wasn't happy either, but i'm calling myself his biggest fan and i support his decision although i think it was the worst thing for him, just please don't reply saying "f him" "he stinks" blah blah. be real and if it's negative for good reasons so be it.

so anyway according to fourthperiod.com fedorov was listed as a player the wings could be interested in. nothing would make me happier than this happening cause honestly i'm tired of routing for the hopeless bluejackets. i know the points production isn't there anymore, but lets face it #1 he's on columbus and #2 he doesn't honestly care about points, he just wants to win. i watch every game and he means so much to that team. he's actually more of a defensman than a forward and would be a great addition to the wings. it upsets me that he is booed when he goes back to detroit. ray bourque wasn't booed in boston when he left. shanahan left, i don't recall him getting booed when he comes back. sergei didn't leave for the money. he just felt it was time for a new challenge. he had won 3 cups with the wings. actually i'm not gonna pretend i know his motives, it just bothers me that he's treated poorly. he's a legend. fedorov is one of the best red wings ever, his numbers prove it and everyone knows it, i think fans are just upset he left. his # should be retired in detroit. i honestly could argue for hours why he's still an amazing player and should be welcomed back to detroit but i'll save it for the angry posts i feel is coming. GO WINGS!

2 things (maybe more if it takes me too long to type this and I think up some other points).

Sergei was great in Detroit for a long time. Then his Dad started whining about him not getting more time on offense and he should be captain and wa wa wa. Then he didn't accept Detroits offer, but accepted basically the same offer from Analheim. Detroit fans often speak of career players here taking a home town discount. But not only did he argue about the contract, but then he left, too. Detroit fan grew weary of him and thought it a huge slap in the face to Detroit and Illitch. Hence da Boos! Now we tend to think the fact that he hasn't done s***e since he left Detroit is Karma. I'm good with leaving it at that.

2nd thing. Since its your idea (this time ,anyway) what would you say is fair value for this great addition of a defensive offensemen? What, who and/or how much do you think Detroit should give up or him? What type of salary would be fair to keep him? Give us this scenario so we can move forward in debating your grand plan.

3rd thing I just thought of: retire his number? I vote no. He has now played too long out of a Wings sweater for me to feel good about his jersey in the rafters. All jersey's raised from here on out have to be compared to Steve Yzerman's time in Detroit. And due to the fact that he didn't leave on the best of terms. If you really need to see it hanging from the rafters, instead of making another thread about that, just hang a Federov jersey in your attic.

All these threads about former Wings coming back...I think they are started by guys who live in the past, "Glory days, they'll pass you by in the wink of a young girls eye, glory days". People come and they go, they move in and out of your life. Times change, Dragons live forever, but not so little boys. Its ironic, too, that out of all the these threads, the guy we did end up getting back didn't actually have a thread like this. :blink:

Edited by T.Low

Guest lnvincible

Hulder has a very good future ahead of him i think. I dont think it would be worth it to trade him away for someone whos starting to get old and breakable. Honestly i think the wings team is great how it is now. Adding another player to it would be amazing but as long as its the right player. Hossa , in my eyes is the best fit for the wings. Hes a scorer. plain and simple.

The fact that Fedorov is not scoring like he used to and has had injury troubles the past few years makes him a more attractive pickup to me; his injuries have been far more common but have not been serious, and he still is the versatile defensive monster we remember him to be. He's still capable of playing a supporting role offensively while providing shut-down defense and playing any position, but he's likely much easier to acquire at this point.