• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DenJ91

your top 5 favorite non-red wing players today?

Rate this topic

Forgot Cote, love that guy. Cant stand Boogie however.

BTW, whats wrong with liking goons? Funny guys, who work hard and fight, sounds good to me.

It's like chosing Doink the Clown over Hulk Hogan, or Pauly Shore over Robert DeNiro... Lovable, but just shouldn't cut it as "favourites" in any walk of life.

It's like chosing Doink the Clown over Hulk Hogan, or Pauly Shore over Robert DeNiro... Lovable, but just shouldn't cut it as "favourites" in any walk of life.

Some superstars are easier to hate then goons who hardly ever play. I don't see the comparisons with other areas of pop culture that you just made. There's plenty of hockey fans who love enforcers, mostly because enforcers are a dying breed.

It's just because I don't see why you'd pick guys who play under 5 minutes a game and that are only capable of fighting and chirping in comparison to guys who play 15-20 minutes a game, who can not only fight, but can dazzle you with moves and goals. My pop culture references were pretty relevant actually, and don't get me wrong here, I like goons, they're EYE CANDY. I just don't see why they'd have die hard fan bases for spending games in the box.

It's just because I don't see why you'd pick guys who play under 5 minutes a game and that are only capable of fighting and chirping in comparison to guys who play 15-20 minutes a game, who can not only fight, but can dazzle you with moves and goals. My pop culture references were pretty relevant actually, and don't get me wrong here, I like goons, they're EYE CANDY. I just don't see why they'd have die hard fan bases for spending games in the box.

Because as you said, they're eye candy, and have an unusual job that other athletes don't have. Also, it's hard to hate guys that play only 5 minutes a game, whereas some superstars will always have people that hate them, because they'll play well against that person's team each time they meet.

The more I thought on this, the tougher it was but here goes:

(in no order)

- Ovechkin <-- Just exciting to watch and seems to just love the game.

- Gary Roberts <-- Ah, the 'Dread Pirate'...the other Chelios. Lots of heart.

- Joe Thornton <-- Big, strong, great passer, stands up for self.

- Phaneuf <-- Classic checking D-man.

- Milan Lucic <-- I live in Boston now so I have to have someone on this dreadful team to root for and this kid hits, fights and is great to watch.

Honorable mention:

Joe Sakic - For years the class of a classless team. I cannot call him a favorite but I have great respect for him and his quiet style of leadership reminds me so much of Stevie Y that I honestly could never bring myself to hate the guy (even in 1996-02).

Mike Knuble

Brian Rolston

Dany Heatley

Paul Stastny

Mike Modano

I'd have said Khabibulin, but he's been in free fall since the lockout. So, I'll go with Tim Thomas--saying he's Boston's best netminder might not be saying much, but I don't think anybody saw that coming.

1. Vinny Lecavalier

2. Brian McGrattan

3. Mike Komisarek

4. Derek Boogaard

5. Mike Fischer

For goalies, I'd say Luongo, Kiprusoff, and Dipietro.

Honerable mentions go to Ryan Kesler, Eric Staal, Riley Cote, Matt Lombardi, and Nathan Horton.

Edited by Kp-Wings

1.) Sean Avery

2.) Vincent Lecavalier

3.) Daniel Briere

4.) Ales Hemsky

5.) Joe Thornton

and for goalies it would definitely have to be Rick Dipietro

EDIT: I just remembered Sam Gagner, so he goes in that list somewhere

Edited by bcwingsfan19