• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 10:38 PM

I'm surprised there's not more discussion about this youngster, who happens to be my favourite prospect. Helm is one of the few bright spots on a very disappointing Griffins team this season.

The 21 year-old rookie is having a successful season, and his statistics don't tell the full story. He's become a very important member of the team as he plays in all situations. He's played well throughout the season but it's only recently that he's getting reward for his effort. He's currently on a 3 game point streak and has 4 points in his last 6 games. In 45 games he has 6 goals and 6 assists. From everything I've read it seems as though he has an excellent work ethic and he gives it his all every time he steps onto the ice. He has blistering speed and hes not afraid to throw his body around.

Hell spend next season in the AHL and hopefully with more bulk and more ice-time hell be well on his way to becoming a fine 3rd line centre/wing for the Red Wings. thumbup.gif

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#2 Grittzkey

Grittzkey

L L L L SAD FACE

• HoF Booster
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 11:04 PM

I like Helm, hopefuly he can bulk up and be a peice to the wings puzzle in 2 years.. mabe Helm,Dekader can replace Drapes/Malts
Lebda - Your Off The Team... My most used quote during the games.

#3 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,077 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 11:20 PM

Huge fan of his. Loved watching him in Medicine Hat, he was such a great player there. Physical, Fast, Skilled, Loads of Heart. Cant wait till he makes the Wings.

(BTW Aussie, finally you pick a prospect to praise that I also like tongue.gif)

#NOMOREKINDL

#4 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,978 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 03:54 AM

I like Helm. Love his wheels!
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#5 Coyote0106

Coyote0106

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 07:34 PM

He really has been doing a great job here in GR. His work ethic is amazing. There are nights when he is one of the few that is actually working hard. I agree with the assesment he needs to bulk up, too. He gets pushed off the puck to easily, but with size he'll be much better. It's been fun watching him.
When life passes you by, downshift.
Go Griffins!

#6 skacore

skacore

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 11:18 PM

I'm really excited about Helm and Abdelkader, my two favourite prospects by far

Helm will be a perfect replacement for Draper, and Abdelkader should fit somewhere between a mixture of Maltby/McCarty

#7 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 03:39 PM

Just as long as he isn't traded....

I keep hearing his name tossed around, they are far more likely to move Helm then Emmerton.

I put him in the do not dare trade category.

Quincey, Kopecy, Meech, Hartigan, Elias, Hudler, Samuelsson and picks are all I am willing to part with.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#8 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 05:31 PM

Darren Helm is a great kid, i hope we don't trade him away.. He's going to be our Draper of the future
IPB Image

#9 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 12:13 AM

Another goal for Helm tonight. That's now 9 points in his last 14 games. thumbup.gif

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#10 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE (Aussie_Wing @ March 5, 2008 - 09:13PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another goal for Helm tonight. That's now 9 points in his last 14 games. thumbup.gif

Great job Helm, keep up the great work
IPB Image

#11 Green Wing

Green Wing

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (wingslogo19 @ March 12, 2008 - 08:07PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great job Helm, keep up the great work

A goal and an assist for Helm tonight against the Marlies, and it's only the 2nd period.

(Also, a goal by Mark O'Leary, a guy just signed to a professional tryout from the brilliantly named Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees..)

Good work Helm.

Edited by Green Wing, 12 March 2008 - 07:21 PM.

#12 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (Green Wing @ March 12, 2008 - 07:19PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A goal and an assist for Helm tonight against the Marlies, and it's only the 2nd period.

(Also, a goal by Mark O'Leary, a guy just signed to a professional tryout from the brilliantly named Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees..)

Good work Helm.

Now a goal and 2 assists!

14 points in 17 games and he's on a 5 game point streak.

Great prospect. thumbup.gif

#13 Green Wing

Green Wing

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:32 PM

Lol, 2 goals, 2 assists for Helm as Griffins win 7-1.
goal.gif

#14 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 10:30 AM

Two more goals for Helm last night, and the games 1st star. thumbup.gif One of his goals came while shorthanded.

#15 irishtemper14+25

irishtemper14+25

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 06:59 PM

helm is tearin that s*** up

Kudos to Teeman for the Sig
"You remember that chap a few years ago, climbed Everest with no oxygen, came down nearly dead...they asked him why he went up there to die. He said I didn't, I went up there to live."

#16 playboy666

playboy666

Draftee

• 4 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 12:44 PM

Helm and Abdelkader should be on the starting line up next year for sure,, i would like to see downey as one of our healthy scratches also

3rd line

hudler kopecky helm

4th line

Abdelkader draper maltby

i don't really like draper or malts but they know our system good, i would rather just have a 4th line of our bad a prospects each year