• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GMRwings1983

Why Can't Someone Do This to Phaneuf or Pronger?

Rate this topic

That's dirty.

If the instigator rule went away, Pronger would have to answer the bell for his cheap shots.

On the flip side, what's to stop Corey Perry from jumping one of our guys and hiding behind his visor?

That's dirty.

If the instigator rule went away, Pronger would have to answer the bell for his cheap shots.

On the flip side, what's to stop Corey Perry from jumping one of our guys and hiding behind his visor?

I don't think any of our skilled players have done anything to deserve what Ulf Samuelsson got. Pronger's had it coming for a long time, and Phaneuf is on his way.

I sure hope you're kidding because that is downright disgusting.

IF by any chance you're not kidding, then just imagine yourself at the end of that sucker punch. That doesn't belong in hockey, or anywhere else for that matter.

What Phaneuf did last night doesn't belong in hockey either. It's one thing to finish a check, but it's another thing to hit a guy's head into the boards when you see that he's down. And by the way, Ulf deserved what he got.

I sure hope you're kidding because that is downright disgusting.

IF by any chance you're not kidding, then just imagine yourself at the end of that sucker punch. That doesn't belong in hockey, or anywhere else for that matter.

Change your name hardcoretom, because you certainly are not. Dirty plays and dirty players deserve that type of treatment. It's the only way to get your message accross. Was Mac's sucker punch of Lemeiux just disgusting? He got what he deserved. Go watch basketball

Change your name hardcoretom, because you certainly are not. Dirty plays and dirty players deserve that type of treatment. It's the only way to get your message accross. Was Mac's sucker punch of Lemeiux just disgusting? He got what he deserved. Go watch basketball

lol i think hes better off at the ballet cause even in basketball youll have a random fight

you guys are pretty funny!! Yeah I'm not hardcore because I don't dish out dirty hits or approve of them, nice!!!

I for one am sick and tired at the fact that the only time NBC, or other stations talk about hockey in their newscast is when things go wrong (a la Bertuzzi or McSorley)

Who said I don't support toughness? this surely isn't!!

And no, no one deserves that kind of treatment, this isn't the jungle!

What you do is discipline the players! Look at Bertuzzi, since his suspension, he hasn't made the news because of new dirty hits like that one.

Besides, I wouldn't expect to be able to discuss this in a civil way with you two clowns, but please, prove me wrong

Edited by hardcoretom21

Phaneuf and Pronger are the type of players that you would love to see on your team and the type that players hate to play against. They are mean, dirty, and almost always are cheap shotting players much smaller than themselves. ( Hudler, Kopeskey, etc) The Wings need a REAL enforcer before the playoffs or it will be open season on our forwards for guys like Pronger and Phaneuf! The instergaor rule dosen't save their ass on the next shift!

you guys are pretty funny!! Yeah I'm not hardcore because I don't dish out dirty hits or approve of them, nice!!!

I for one am sick and tired at the fact that the only time NBC, or other stations talk about hockey in their newscast is when things go wrong (a la Bertuzzi or McSorley)

Who said I don't support toughness? this surely isn't!!

And no, no one deserves that kind of treatment, this isn't the jungle!

What you do is discipline the players! Look at Bertuzzi, since his suspension, he hasn't made the news because of new dirty hits like that one.

Besides, I wouldn't expect to be able to discuss this in a civil way with you two clowns, but please, prove me wrong

I completely agree with you.

Anyone who thinks that's what you should do in a hockey game is a Claude Lemieux fan.

I wonder how many games Domi would get suspended for in today's "***** NHL" if he pulled something like that?

He would get a Chris Simon worthy suspension, because it is just as sleazy as when Simon tried to step on somebody with his skate...

This is a dirty deed, that deserves suspension in the new "protect the players from assholes" NHL

I completely agree with you.

Anyone who thinks that's what you should do in a hockey game is a Claude Lemieux fan.

No, they just want guys like Lemieux to get what's coming to them. Pronger is a spotpicker, so since he'll never fight a true heavyweight, that's the only way to send him a message. I have no problem with what Domi did. Now Domi did go overboard when he elbowed Niedermayer in the playoffs in 2001, but doing it to guys like Ulf, or Tootoo, Phaneuf, Ruutu, that's different. I have no problem with that.

I wonder how many games Domi would get suspended for in today's "***** NHL" if he pulled something like that?

He would get a Chris Simon worthy suspension, because it is just as sleazy as when Simon tried to step on somebody with his skate...

This is a dirty deed, that deserves suspension in the new "protect the players from assholes" NHL

Tell that to Lidstrom, buddy.

No, they just want guys like Lemieux to get what's coming to them. Pronger is a spotpicker, so since he'll never fight a true heavyweight, that's the only way to send him a message. I have no problem with what Domi did. Now Domi did go overboard when he elbowed Niedermayer in the playoffs in 2001, but doing it to guys like Ulf, or Tootoo, Phaneuf, Ruutu, that's different. I have no problem with that.

That is a double standard...your saying that since these players are dirty then we can be just as dirty, so do you think somebody should have done that back to Domi, or was he immune because he was just "giving him what he had coming"...no by your standards the "goons" should just run around cheap shotting each other until somebody kills another person...there is no spot for anyone to do this to anyone, regardless of their "goon status" a clean hard hit, yes thats getting whats coming, even a fight with that player, getting whats coming, a cheap shot, I think not...

Tell that to Lidstrom, buddy.

Downey gave Laperriere all that was required in retaliation to the hit. There was no reason to suspend him for the hit, he should have recieved an elbowing call, but I don't think the hit was suspension worthy. And Downey kicked his ass for it. Case closed. Calling for Laperiere to have his life jeopardized over it...not necessary.

That is a double standard...your saying that since these players are dirty then we can be just as dirty, so do you think somebody should have done that back to Domi, or was he immune because he was just "giving him what he had coming"...no by your standards the "goons" should just run around cheap shotting each other until somebody kills another person...there is no spot for anyone to do this to anyone, regardless of their "goon status" a clean hard hit, yes thats getting whats coming, even a fight with that player, getting whats coming, a cheap shot, I think not...

But guys like Ulf Samuelsson or Chrissy Pronger will never fight with anyone like Domi, so he that's the best way to retaliate against them. I don't think enforcers should cheapshot each other because they can always challenge each other for a fair fight. However, what I hate is when certain players who aren't enforcers try to act tougher than they are, and when those guys take liberties, they need to be put in their place.

Downey gave Laperriere all that was required in retaliation to the hit. There was no reason to suspend him for the hit, he should have recieved an elbowing call, but I don't think the hit was suspension worthy. And Downey kicked his ass for it. Case closed. Calling for Laperiere to have his life jeopardized over it...not necessary.

Case not closed. Lidstrom is out 2 weeks while Slappy is still playing for the divealanche. The next time we play them we should have a few enforcers ready just to jump him and beat his ass. I don't think he or their organization got the message, since he tried some more s*** later on in the game, and then that idiot Granato was yelling at Babcock also. This better not be over.

But guys like Ulf Samuelsson or Chrissy Pronger will never fight with anyone like Domi, so he that's the best way to retaliate against them. I don't think enforcers should cheapshot each other because they can always challenge each other for a fair fight. However, what I hate is when certain players who aren't enforcers try to act tougher than they are, and when those guys take liberties, they need to be put in their place.

Case not closed. Lidstrom is out 2 weeks while Slappy is still playing for the divealanche. The next time we play them we should have a few enforcers ready just to jump him and beat his ass. I don't think he or their organization got the message, since he tried some more s*** later on in the game, and then that idiot Granato was yelling at Babcock also. This better not be over.

I don't think you can compare Lappy and Ulf. Lappy plays hard and is irritating, but for the most part, doesn't cheapshot people. I honestly don't feel like he did that on purpose to Lidstrom. He even said after the game that he really hoped he was Ok. Ulf, on the other hand, tried to take peoples' knees out.

Edited by therock48880

What Phaneuf did last night doesn't belong in hockey either. It's one thing to finish a check, but it's another thing to hit a guy's head into the boards when you see that he's down. And by the way, Ulf deserved what he got.

as much as i hate dirty hits i have to agree with you on how pronger/phaneuf have it coming to them they obviously get away with a lot of stuff i mean i wouldn't want them to get hurt where as death played a role but in a sense where karma has finally caught up to them. i along with truck loads and truck loads of "anti-pronger because hes not on our team fans" do hope that someone puts him in his place before his career is over.