• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WingsDC2B

... is Shanny next?

Rate this topic

Mac is back!

People are talkin about bring Fedorov back in a trade....

I'm just waiting for the "Let's trade for Shanny" thread!

And then the circle will be complete...

I'm just trying to add a little humor to the tension (that can be cut with a butter knife) around this trade deadline.

Guest CaliWingsNut
How about this for a 4th line heading into the playoffs?

Lindsay - Yzerman - Howe

:siren:

:ph34r:

would be better than what were working with at the moment!

Edit: note: that was sarcasm.

Edited by CaliWingsNut

Guest Jeremy88

No.

Jesus Christ people...the 1997 stanley cup team won the cup 11 years ago. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME PLAYERS THEY WERE BACK THEN.

I do not understand why half the people who post here want to have all these old players back...

It's a new Red Wings age...it's a new red wings team. Yeah, we still have a lot of players from the late 90's when we won those 2 cups...But other than Nick Lidstrom, they've all decreased their productivity...most of them are just defensive forwards now...like Draper and Maltby.

Guest Canadian Wings
Yes, because Shanahan left because he didn't like Detroit anymore. :rolleyes:

if u could read, it says he didnt want to be here anymore

detroit offered him just as much, or if not more then the rangers and he went there.

No.

Jesus Christ people...the 1997 stanley cup team won the cup 11 years ago. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME PLAYERS THEY WERE BACK THEN.

I do not understand why half the people who post here want to have all these old players back...

It's a new Red Wings age...it's a new red wings team. Yeah, we still have a lot of players from the late 90's when we won those 2 cups...But other than Nick Lidstrom, they've all decreased their productivity...most of them are just defensive forwards now...like Draper and Maltby.

Lol I'm pretty sure we are all kidding in here.

well now that forsberg came back stevie Y has to come back right? haha jk

f*** forsberg; i'd like to see them in the playoffs and have mac deck him a couple times just for old times sake. (that will occur during mac;s 3 min of total ice time)

Didn't Kenny mention something about adding a "depth & experienced" D-man...

How about....

Jaime Macoun

Bob Rouse

Freddy Olassaun (sp)

... maybe we can trade FSN for Larry Murphy at the deadline again... how would Sammy sound boadcasting between the benches!!!

No.

Holy cannoli, read your own signature, would ya? I know you want seconds on the corn dogs, but there's no reason to shout.

I love the mood of this place around the trade deadline.

Guest CaliWingsNut
well now that forsberg came back stevie Y has to come back right? haha jk

f*** forsberg; i'd like to see them in the playoffs and have mac deck him a couple times just for old times sake. (that will occur during mac;s 3 min of total ice time)

and hour of penalty box time.

... maybe we can trade FSN for Larry Murphy at the deadline again... how would Sammy sound boadcasting between the benches!!!

I can hear the analysis now.

Sammy: "I would have taken the shot there."

Daniels: "He was behind his own net!"

Sammy: "You gotta catch them unawares!"

Yes, because Shanahan left because he didn't like Detroit anymore. :rolleyes:

Then why did he leave? You really don't buy that "it would be better for the young kids to develop" crap he spouted off on, do you?

I remember Shanny commenting on how he was afraid the Wings wouldn't bring him back after the 2004 playoff series against Calgary because he played bad. Fast forward a lockout and one season later, and he just leaves. He had a great season that year, but he really didn't get anymore from New York that Detroit would have counter-offered. So, why the change of heart? Something didn't sit well with him obviously.

Note: I hold nothing against Shanny for his decision. He'll always be one of my favorite players, and it's too bad things didn't work. But, things happen. Still, I firmly believe he wanted out of Detroit. Why else would he have left on his own, just two years after he said he didn't want to leave?

Guest Jeremy88
I can hear the analysis now.

Sammy: "I would have taken the shot there."

Daniels: "He was behind his own net!"

Sammy: "You gotta catch them unawares!"

LMAO A++ from me

I hope we keep Sammy just because it's so much fun making fun of him on this board

Guest CaliWingsNut

Wasn't shanny the player's representative during the lockout? My guess would be bad blood from that, or just the feeling that he needed to move after being involved.

Total speculation on my part, but what is the biggest difference between the 2003-04 Wings and the 2005-06 Wings? Mike Babcock. Methinks Shanny had some issues with Babs.

Freddy Olausson had a liver transplant not long ago so he might not be available...

I agree with you, KPwings - I think - besides my feelings that Shanny didn't like being coached by Babs for some reason - that he just felt it was time to move on. I can't fault him for that. Many of us, regardless what we do for a living, reach a point in our careers where we feel it's just time to move on, whether it's because we get a better job offer from another company or just feel we've gone as far as we could in our current positions. Just like in real life, there's no such thing as spending your entire career with one company/team. The days of guys like Yzerman, Sakic and the like are basically over.