• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DenJ91

question about nhl jersey's with lettering

Rate this topic

IMHO ya should've added Filppula to Osgod's avatar.....IMO Filpulla looks like a cross-dressing woman :blink:

Really? I always thought he looked more like the poster child for Scandinavian Emo-kids.

Guest Canadian Wings

thats horse s*** dude

im actually in the process of buying a Z jersey off ebay, way cheaper then nhl.com bulls***

My avatar is a sexy beast :)

Did you and I talk about pro Jersey on E-bay??? i was looking through my favorite sellers and i found their name in the list. Then i realized i bought my Authentic Nash from from for $50 a few years ago... they rock for prices and quality :)

Damn, I wished I had listened (read) all the advice on this topic. I gave into the shop.nhl.com "free personalization" and bought a Holmstrom jersey. Yep, sure as shooting... it's got a nameplate (hello??) and heat-pressed numbers. What a crock.

I bought a Zetterberg jersey for my fiance for Christmas and it's embroidered and all. Paid $150 plus shipping or something like that. Very nice quality. I did order a Carey Price jersey for myself and a Saku Koivu jersey from lightinthebox.com and they were very nice other than a couple minor stains that came out in the wash. $100 for two jerseys plus shipping that's where I'm getting my jerseys from now on.

so as soon as i found out fedorov was traded i ordered a caps jersey with his name/number on it. so i get it today to find out that the logo, name and number on the back and sleeve aren't actually sewn on, they are iron pressed on and they have fake stitching inside the trim to look like it's sewn. i'm pretty dissappointed. the last jersey i bought was gaborik's his rookie year and it's such a nice jersey with it really being sewn on everywhere. the only thing sewn on this new reebok one is the shoulder logo. is this the case with all new embroidery?? not that i'm going to wear it to play hockey in but i just don't feel the longevity is there if you were to wash it every so often. i don't know the life length of this stuff being just pressed on. i'm really not happy about it. and is it the case with every team's jersey's now. it costs the same, why are they getting cheap on us. i'm so pissed. i will say though that the reebok jersey's themself are really nice, lightweight

I bought a Hanks RBK jersey from nhl.com and it was all stitched. I think I paid $120 or so. It was on sale. With in the first 10 times I wore it. the side at the bottom started to split up and I have had to re-sew it. I also have a custum jersey that was given to me that was hand stitched and have never had a problem with it, much better quality. RBK jersey are cheap and poor quality in my opinion.

I ordered a Datsyuk Winter Classic jersey from Shop NHL and I hated it. It was a premier replica and the fabric was thin and see through. Also, it was missing the NHL shield patch. I own an Yzerman jersey. It's when Rbk first started to make the NHL jerseys. I love the weight of it and it is simply amazing. From now on I will buy nothing but the real thing.

Just checked out Shop NHL and they are offering free customization on any jersey, today only though.

Cheap plug for the website where I made my sig, icejerseys.com. I ordered the replica WC jersey there and got Lidstrom on it. They are hardcore about authenticity and embroider all of the customization stuff. I mean, that won't help with the front crest and shoulders, because all the "Premier" jerseys come like that, regardless of where you get them. I couldn't find an authentic anywhere because I waited until after the game, and they did a fantastic job making the replica as uncrappy as possible.

Also, if you have a blank jersey you can have it customized there even if you didn't buy it there, which is sometimes hard to find. I just got Pat Verbeek on an authentic Whalers jersey I had since high school (they have a lot of older lettering styles too, obviously).

Basically, I used to get replicas a lot, because there wasn't really that much difference. Now they crapified the replicas and I'm pretty much authentic or nothing except in that special case above. I guess that's exactly what Reebok wants though lol. But I generally get about one authentic per season and that's enough to hold me over--I'd rather have one of those than three of the crap replicas.

Sportsk.com is another site where you're going to find great options for customization.

I highly, HIGHLY recommend them to anyone looking to customize jerseys. Same thing as icejerseys.com. THey use the authentic tackle-twill materials, no heat pressing iron on crap. It's the real deal. A few weeks ago I got an authentic Winter Classic jersey, and during the offseason it's going to SportsK to get customized... Now I just need to decide... Datsyuk, Lidstrom, or Zetterberg... Decisions decisions... :lol:

As well, I highly recommend them to anyone looking to buy Wings/NHL jerseys. They have the exact same things that you would find on NHL.com, IceJerseys, etc, and usually for $60, $70, $80 or more less than the others. And, I know that there are a handful of LGW members who will recommend them as highly as I do. Literally, they are the first (and usually only) place I will look for when it comes to Wings jerseys.

And that's all not to mention their superior customer service, and LIGHTNING fast shipping.

Just ordered an authentic Datsyuk jersey from Shop NHL. Customization was free and I found a 15% off coupon on the internet. I saved myself $125, $80 for the customization and $45 with the coupon. I basically got a $380 jersey for $260. I am so excited.

Okay, my wife's a Hudler fan. Any tips on a cheapish one? We don't want to lay down $300, and the knockoff sites don't stock him.

You can go to SportsK and select the Red Wings Premier [replica] jersey and have it customized with Hudler's name and number for $135. They have both red and white.

Guest Shoreline
Sportsk.com is another site where you're going to find great options for customization.

I highly, HIGHLY recommend them to anyone looking to customize jerseys. Same thing as icejerseys.com. THey use the authentic tackle-twill materials, no heat pressing iron on crap. It's the real deal. A few weeks ago I got an authentic Winter Classic jersey, and during the offseason it's going to SportsK to get customized... Now I just need to decide... Datsyuk, Lidstrom, or Zetterberg... Decisions decisions... :lol:

As well, I highly recommend them to anyone looking to buy Wings/NHL jerseys. They have the exact same things that you would find on NHL.com, IceJerseys, etc, and usually for $60, $70, $80 or more less than the others. And, I know that there are a handful of LGW members who will recommend them as highly as I do. Literally, they are the first (and usually only) place I will look for when it comes to Wings jerseys.

And that's all not to mention their superior customer service, and LIGHTNING fast shipping.

Yep, I ordered my Lidstrom Premiere Winter Classic jersey from them and sure enough (when I got it) no nameplates.

Even my Yzerman CCM jersey had a nameplate.

Edited by Shoreline

That site is amazing Jedi! Thank you.

From what i can tell that the standard for the Caps "replica" jersey... the iron on embloms on the shoulders... BUT the name and number should be sewen on. I have heard a lot of complaints from NHL.com and thus I would never suggest buying from them again.

Order from the following sites.. i have been recommending them for 11 years now!

SportsK.com

or

fanaticU.com

both you can order non wing jerseys and they are top notch :)

Edited by OsGOD

should have got your jersey from china...$75 bucks gets you something wwaaayy dope and for ssoooo much cheaper than nhl.com....i made the same mistake and then started getting the from china!

This is just my $0.02; I'd cancel that order with Shop NHL, and spend a few extra bucks, and get it done at SportsK...Just because they saved you a few $$$ doesn't mean it will look good; chances are it'll be crap.

The crappy lettering comes with the Premier replicas and it clearly states in the description for them that the lettering is screen printed and heat pressed on. The authentic jersey lettering is actually sewn on, just like the real thing. The How To Buy An NHL Jersey guide explains all the different jersey types very well.

Edited by Mike

should have got your jersey from china...$75 bucks gets you something wwaaayy dope and for ssoooo much cheaper than nhl.com....i made the same mistake and then started getting the from china!

I don't trust any of those China things. I know people have ordered them and they have turned out good for them, but it's just not a path I'm willing to consider.

I don't trust any of those China things. I know people have ordered them and they have turned out good for them, but it's just not a path I'm willing to consider.

Agreed. If for nothing else, then you're not even buying an officially licensed jersey.

Plus, most of those jerseys that I've seen look so fake, that it's EASY to tell the difference between the two. I for one would be embarrassed to be caught walking around the Joe in one of those Chinese knock offs.

Agreed. If for nothing else, then you're not even buying an officially licensed jersey.

Plus, most of those jerseys that I've seen look so fake, that it's EASY to tell the difference between the two. I for one would be embarrassed to be caught walking around the Joe in one of those Chinese knock offs.

QFT. I want the real deal. I want for Datsyuk to be able to walk up to me, ask for my jersey and go play in it. Now that would be a cool story to tell.