• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
96Homer

3/5 GDT: Red Wings 4, Blues 1

Rate this topic

collectively, this board seems to be falling in love with Downey.

i like him in the role he's in, just wish he had SOME offense to him, although didn't he get an assist yesterday? haha

the end of that game where the three Blue's Goons were like, basically trying to corner him was just pure hilarity.

multiple cheapshots, what, did they all want to fight him at once?

props to Downey though, he said he'll only fight when someone runs a player or the like. im gaining respect for him simply because he's staying in his role and seems to really appreciate being on the Wings and in the nhl. i have no problem cheering to that.

He also started at least one (maybe two..) break aways.

I ended up going to the game. Few things.

Karen Newman gets better with age. I made sure everyone in my section was well aware of this. I promptly shouted YEEEAAA BABY when she walked out. I'm pretty sure my cousin was embarrassed to all hell. I told him one day he will understand.

Some D-BAG, not really though, had a St. Louis jersey on while we were waiting in line to pee in the tub. I made sure to give him crap for it but was respectful at the same time. He was born and raised in St. Louis but moved here so I was like that's cool, whatever, enjoy losing all the time.

Ericcson is A BIG BOY. BIG BOY. I couldn't believe it.

The person in front of me in the beer line said last time the beer wench ran out of Molson. This would have made Dallas27 a very unhappy young man. Luckily the beer wench did not run out of Molson. Thus I was happy and went back to my seat with a cold brew.

Ericcson is a BIG BOY.

Also. Legace's pads are out of control. WAY TO BIG. Bigger than Ericcson and HE IS A BIG BOY.

Edited by dallas27

The person in front of me in the beer line said last time the beer wench ran out of Molson. This would have made Dallas27 a very unhappy young man. Luckily the beer wench did not run out of Molson. Thus I was happy and went back to my seat with a cold brew.

I would think that you would be thankful to not have to drink Molson. Guinness is soo much better.

I would think that you would be thankful to not have to drink Molson. Guinness is soo much better.

Unfortunately the Joe doesn't have Newcastle or Bass, at least I don't think. They have Guinness there? I can't imagine how much they would want for a Guinness. I usually just go to the Molson stand, it's fast.

Where's the Guinness stand? My choices include Molson or wheat-flavored cat piss. I choose Molson.

I'm still sour that I can't get my Blue there. Molson ain't bad, however.

Biggest irritation of the night was finding out, as I'm walking through Greektown (the new parking garage there is EXCELLENT), that the damn People Mover was shut down.

Ended up taking the Fishbones shuttle and were in our seats 15 minutes prior to the start of the game. Excellent time!

I do have to admit to huffing and puffing at the puck when Datsyuk got his first goal... My seats were right down in that corner on the near side (so Datsyuk was pretty much right in front of us...), but that seemed like the slowest rebound shot ever. :lol:

I also made every effort before the national anthem, when they were presenting the "hockeytown hardest worker" (or whatever award), to yell to Dan Cleary (who was a co-winner and there in a suit on the ice) "SIGN THE CONTRACT, DANNY!" ;)

Jackman's reaction after getting stripped of the puck at the end (not sure if cameras caught it) was priceless. I think he made a lap of the St. Louis zone just looking straight up to the rafters. :lol:

Unfortunately the Joe doesn't have Newcastle or Bass, at least I don't think. They have Guinness there? I can't imagine how much they would want for a Guinness. I usually just go to the Molson stand, it's fast.

Same. Is it just me or did the beer prices go down a bit? I recall spending $8.50 for a large draft at the season opener but last night they were $8.25?

Some D-BAG, not really though, had a St. Louis jersey on while we were waiting in line to pee in the tub. I made sure to give him crap for it but was respectful at the same time. He was born and raised in St. Louis but moved here so I was like that's cool, whatever, enjoy losing all the time.

:lol:

My choices include Molson or wheat-flavored cat piss. I choose Molson.

Exactly. xxx is 7.2% alcohol. 24 oz of that is like 4 american beers.

I'm still sour that I can't get my Blue there. Molson ain't bad, however.

I sorta find that odd seeing as Mr. I has Labatt at CoPa, I dunno why he wouldn't just have Labatt sponsor both. More money in his pocket if he has two different sponsors?

Same. Is it just me or did the beer prices go down a bit? I recall spending $8.50 for a large draft at the season opener but last night they were $8.25?

She must have liked you or something because I paid $8.50, dammit.

:lol:

Yea, he didn't think it was too funny. I did though. He tried explaining to me that he was born and raised in St. Louis at least 3 times (the line to herd like cattle and pee in a tub takes forever) but I was like "that's fine, I don't care, that's cool, just enjoy supporting a losing team. We don't care. We beat you all the time. Who do you beat? Nobody."

*edit* It was really funny because I didn't notice it at first so I sorta blurted out "what the f**k" in the line when I saw his jersey. I also made it clear to everyone in my section that I had to pee with a St. Louis fan. This did not sit well with my section.

I was 15 rows up so I decided to be an a-hole and text all my friends saying that I was 15 rows up. UMMMMMMMMM. My friend one-ups me and sends me a pic right next to the glass. I yelled at her when we met outside.

Edited by dallas27

She must have liked you or something because I paid $8.50, dammit.

Really? These prices were up on the board and it was from one of the "embedded" bars near section 110, not the kiosk ones in the middle of the promenade.

Really? These prices were up on the board and it was from one of the "embedded" bars near section 110, not the kiosk ones in the middle of the promenade.

You know what it was, I ended up getting the xxx which is $8.50 and the regular Molson is $8.25. I figured I couldn't go wrong getting more alcohol content for 25 cents more. But that is where they get you. Sneaky bastards.

Wingers baby!!!!

Rafalski with a great shot and body slam first game back, lovin it.

Franzen with a hard working finish

Datsyuk stripping Blues players like $2 whores

GO WINGS GO~!

Edited by Yak19

Yeah its pretty stupid, I have time warner and had to pay extra to have nhl network. It should come with Center ice.

I would put in a serious complaint to your cable company. Mine had NO problem offering me NHL Network for free during my Center Ice package. Now if I choose to not get the Playoff package, then I'll also lose NHL Network at that time (and can purchase it as a stand alone channel). But they never mentioned/threatened to make me pay extra. Infact, they were unaware that Center Ice games were blacked out if the game was being presented on NHL-N.

I think it's bad enough that people can't access NHL Network and get jipped out of games. It's even worse for your cable provider to pull that kind of a bait and switch and force you to pay extra.

I would put in a serious complaint to your cable company. Mine had NO problem offering me NHL Network for free during my Center Ice package. Now if I choose to not get the Playoff package, then I'll also lose NHL Network at that time (and can purchase it as a stand alone channel). But they never mentioned/threatened to make me pay extra. Infact, they were unaware that Center Ice games were blacked out if the game was being presented on NHL-N.

I think it's bad enough that people can't access NHL Network and get jipped out of games. It's even worse for your cable provider to pull that kind of a bait and switch and force you to pay extra.

I am guessing you don't have Time Warner cable. :ph34r:

I am guessing you don't have Time Warner cable. :ph34r:

If anyone listened to the NHL Hour with Gary Bettman today on XM Radio (or the direct internet feed from NHL.com), I got on the air!!

I asked about this whole mess of games that are on the NHL Network not being on Center Ice and how I felt it was a bait and switch tactic and that they were trying to make us pay even more to watch games... and how it is a ripoff. I would have gone on and asked more, but Mr. Buttman quickly said he would look into it and see what he can do... and then I was CUT OFF THE LINE!! they didn't give me any chance at all to reply or to even say 'thank you'. So I doubt anything is really going to be done about it... but I have a feeling Buttman gave the show producer the "cut the line" hand gesture while I was on the line... since he knew about this long ago with all of the emails that have been sent to him and he still hasn't done anything about it.

------------------------------------

http://www.FireBettman.com