• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Deke

Kopecky Haters

Rate this topic

I just got done watching the highlights of last nights game (damn NHLnet) and Kopecky got cheapshotted again!

Kopecky is a great young player, he's all hustle, and I really love watching him try and prove himself to the Detroit organization. He's always been picked on a little bit, but lately as he's been getting more and more ice time he's been getting cheapshotted once a game. And not just crybaby stuff either, he's taking sticks to the face, elbows, and just getting flattened in open ice. He's had to go off the ice doubled over at least 3 times that I can remember in the past couple of weeks.

I know all younger guys in the NHL get picked on, but Kopecky really isn't that young. He's had a few seasons. And I don't see him throwing cheap shots or bad hits to earn all this attention either.

I'm starting to the think the rest of the NHL hates Czechs. But I can't figure out why. Hudler gets picked on these days too.

What gives? Why do you guys think he gets beaten down every game?

Edited by Deke

My first guess is because he is opposition in the heat of battle.

If he truely was a jackass, i would like to believe his own team would beat his ass down.

I'm starting to the think the rest of the NHL hates Czechs. But I can't figure out why. Hudler gets picked on these days too.

Kopecky isn't a Czech...

I can't answer, but do you mind sending me the link where you saw the cheapshot on Kopecky? I couldn't see it

think it was in the TSN highlights

I can't answer, but do you mind sending me the link where you saw the cheapshot on Kopecky? I couldn't see it

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=231328&hubname=nhl

That was last night. One of many open ice hits where he was no where near the puck over the course of the last few months. Pronger... Phanueff... big guys, little guys, everyone wants to smack Kopecky around.

Maybe kopecky just doesn't keep his head up.

I just saw this and I was scrolling through the replies and couldn't believe it got that far down before someone pointed out that he wasn't a Czech...

He's Slovakian.

Czechoslovakia

I guess it's all divided now into slovakia and the czech republic now. . .

It's like calling someone from Tawain, Tawainese instead of Chinese, even though they are technically both.

Either way, it doesn't explain why a lot of NHL players seem out to hurt kopecky intentionaly.

Edited by Deke

Yes he is...

Ilava.

Of course it's now Slovakia.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?i...e=nhl-red_wings

They've been split for close to 15 years... so, yes, they are different... and many Slovaks would take offense and agree, there's a lot of bad blood between Slovakia and the Czech republic

Edited by stevkrause

Czechoslovakia

It's like calling someone from Tawain, Tawainese instead of Chinese, even though they are technically both.

Either way, it doesn't explain why a lot of NHL players seem out to hurt kopecky intentionaly.

It was split up in the early 1990's... and Kopy was born in 82. So regardless, he is a Czech.

/end sidetrack

Czechoslovakia

agree to disagree on origin, but yes, it doesn't explain that at all and is BS

It was split up in the early 1990's... and Kopy was born in 82. So regardless, he is a Czech.

/end sidetrack

His nationality is Slovakian, even when it was Czechoslovakia he was still Slovakian its his nationality. Your nationality isn't dependent upon which county you live in such as the Kurds, Basque, ect... who may reside in another county/state but they are still a separate nation. Czechoslovakia was never a Nation-state it balkanized and now its two separate nationalities the way it should be making Kopecky Slovakian. Now end of sidetrack

Maybe Hasek has a Kopecky voodoo doll... ^_^

That he hits in the face with Phaneuf and Pronger voodoo dolls?

Hasek needs to Hasek* Kopecky in practice one day. Teach him to keep his head up.

Hasek: Pronunciation: (Haw-Check, see Haczech) 1. Verb To upend and flip a player breaking for the puck by diving into his feet while said player's head is down.

I'm not talking about the fans hating him, I think he's great.

I'm just trying to figure out why so many NHL players cheap shot him night in and night out. He's gotta be one of the most picked on players in the game.