• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
96Homer

3/16 GDT: Blue Jackets 4, Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

OMG your avatar is awesome. Every shot blocked by the man in front of him must know be announced as "the shin guard assassin strikes again"

You seriously just made my day

haha, thx. it was cathartic just making it.

Sammy: :ph34r:

Guest Jeremy88
WANTED= Please can you get us a sniper for next year Kenny. 44-17 in shots!!

I'm not pi##ed cause we lost its the amount of goals we don't score that does.

Rafalski could be a decent sniper if they started using him correctly again. Whatever happened to Lidstrom's one timer pass that Raf can score off of. We need more of those.

QUOTE (Jeremy88 @ March 16, 2008 - 02:42PM) post_snapback.gifKenny is satisfied with the "sniper" we already have...Samuelsson

the "sniper" with no scope, or bullets

I always thought sammy was cross-eyed, or had a depth perseption problem.

Guest octopusdank
Anyone who disagrees with this is just WRONG.

And Tiger made his birdie putt for the win if anyone cares. I love seeing him get excited like he did there, very Ovechkin-like.

i think mule is picking up so great, very cleary-esque lets hope he stays on fire!! just like his red hair

Guest octopusdank
QUOTE (Jeremy88 @ March 16, 2008 - 02:42PM) post_snapback.gifKenny is satisfied with the "sniper" we already have...Samuelsson

I always thought sammy was cross-eyed, or had a depth perseption problem.

hes just full of bugs like the boogie man in nightmare before christmas

I haven't seen the goals. But in typical LGW fashion I see one group of people saying none were his fault and another saying they were bad. Hasek can play like he did today until the end of the season. Doesn't matter how well Osgood plays. Dom IS the starter for the playoffs, no matter what.

I agree, Hasek will likely start unless Osgood plays outstanding and Hasek plays like this until then end. Sans that which likely won't happen, it'll be Hasek. But, he'll be on a short leash. Like I said earlier, given the inconsistent play from both goalies this second half, no matter who starts, they're going to be on a short leash. There's just little room for error in the playoffs and you can't wait around for a goalie to get his head in the game. So one or better yet both of these guys better get things straight in the next two weeks.

In November this conversation didn't mean as much. We're down to the wire now and the "slow starter" has picked it up but still struggled with injuries and inconsistency. Meanwhile, the "backup of destiny" has lost a bit of that magic touch and suffered from the same inconsistent play that Hasek has in the second half. I get that neither of these guys have a full team in front of them and they've been hung out to dry a good amount. But come on, when are we going to start expecting our goalies to manufacture results based on their own due diligence and not the team playing well? Sure, they oftentimes go hand in hand, but it's been awhile since our goalies have won games for us and kept us in games. They've just trudged on in as mediocre a fashion as the rest of the team has. That's just not going to get us too far in the playoffs.

except for the first goal, I am not blaming Dom at all. He had NO chance on the 3rd one, the second one bounced off 2 skates, and the 4th one he was screened. It just wasn't his day today... With that said, I think Dom will come out like a brick wall on Wednesday at the Joe to reedeem himself, not that he has to. On another note, I think there is a lack of coverage in our end that left Dom hanging a couple of times, therefore Wings need to step it up in their own end, and keep up with their momentum from the end of the second period...

I guess it's not Doms job to stop the puck.....

I guess it's not Doms job to stop the puck.....

Exactly! I'm sick of hearing, "oh, they had no chance!" I mean, sure, it's tough, but if we honestly think we're going to even get as far as we did last year when we incessantly have to make that excuse, we're just kidding ourselves. One of these guys has to rise above and start stopping those shots that "they have no chance on." See some of Osgood's saves today if you need a reference. Now if he could get to doing that consistently again.......

I agree, Hasek will likely start unless Osgood plays outstanding and Hasek plays like this until then end. Sans that which likely won't happen, it'll be Hasek. But, he'll be on a short leash. Like I said earlier, given the inconsistent play from both goalies this second half, no matter who starts, they're going to be on a short leash. There's just little room for error in the playoffs and you can't wait around for a goalie to get his head in the game. So one or better yet both of these guys better get things straight in the next two weeks.

In November this conversation didn't mean as much. We're down to the wire now and the "slow starter" has picked it up but still struggled with injuries and inconsistency. Meanwhile, the "backup of destiny" has lost a bit of that magic touch and suffered from the same inconsistent play that Hasek has in the second half. I get that neither of these guys have a full team in front of them and they've been hung out to dry a good amount. But come on, when are we going to start expecting our goalies to manufacture results based on their own due diligence and not the team playing well? Sure, they oftentimes go hand in hand, but it's been awhile since our goalies have won games for us and kept us in games. They've just trudged on in as mediocre a fashion as the rest of the team has. That's just not going to get us too far in the playoffs.

I don't know why that made me really laugh and it's kinda catchy. Although I don't even consider Oz a back up, but that's just me.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

I guess someone much more knowledgeable than me will have to explain why Hasek garners criticism and crap from fans for "losing" a one goal game, where Ozzie gets praise and sympathy, even when he doesn't play any better. I guess that's just the way it's gonna be.

Better luck next time.

Exactly! I'm sick of hearing, "oh, they had no chance!" I mean, sure, it's tough, but if we honestly think we're going to even get as far as we did last year when we incessantly have to make that excuse, we're just kidding ourselves. One of these guys has to rise above and start stopping those shots that "they have no chance on." See some of Osgood's saves today if you need a reference. Now if he could get to doing that consistently again.......

You'll never convince some of these people of that....

Idk why Osgood isn't the playoff goalie...but w/e

What's he proven over Hasek in the second half? Neither have played incredibly well. I still think it could go down to the wire but it'll likely be Hasek because he's Hasek but on a short leash.

I guess someone much more knowledgeable than me will have to explain why Hasek garners criticism and crap from fans for "losing" a one goal game, where Ozzie gets praise and sympathy, even when he doesn't play any better. I guess that's just the way it's gonna be.

Better luck next time.

Are you talking about today or in general? Because Ozzie clearly played better than Hasek today.

What's he proven over Hasek in the second half? Neither have played incredibly well. I still think it could go down to the wire but it'll likely be Hasek because he's Hasek but on a short leash.

True. I don't think either has played all that well either, and to an extent you gotta think missing their top 4 D kinda hurt them. Yes their job is to stop the puck, but there were a few times in that horrid slump where the team completely left both Oz and Dom out to dry. Only so much they can do. Then again that's not an excuse coming from me. I don't think they've played well, but they haven't been awful either.

Guest Jeremy88

Hasek seems to take a couple games to get started after coming back from an injury. If he does play phenomenal in the playoffs, I bet you he will become injured and Osgood will step in. Then if Hasek is able to come back, it would be a stupid decision to play him any more...just because he takes a couple games to get his rythym going.

I feel it doesn't even matter if Osgood plays outstanding and Hasek plays like s***. Babcock and Holland have publicly stated Hasek is the guy. He can play like absolute s*** and he's getting the nod in the playoffs. Will he be on a short leash? I actually don't think so.

And I'm going to have to disagree with inconsistent play for Osgood. Most all of those inconsistent starts was when the Wings were playing horrible, horrible hockey (and that is putting it nicely) and not helping him one bit. NO goalie could have pulled them out of that month.

Better luck next time.

Well, it might've been a lot worse if we kept him in because at the rate he was going, he wouldn't have made quite a few of the saves that Osgood made to keep them in it. Did you even watch the game? Hasek let's in 4 goals. Osgood let's in none and makes some great, great saves. He deserves praise today for being a rock and keeping us in it and not letting it get far worse. The team built off that. They're not going to build off someone who let's in 4 goals on 10 shots.

And read back to see how sympathetic I've been of Osgood's play generally lately. Here's a clue: not at all nor does it seem others have either. Neither goalie has stepped up their game and proven themselves to be a goalie that can rise above the mediocre play of this team. That's a problem and your precious Hasek has suffered from it just as bad as Osgood as this seasons gone on.

And again, honestly, did you watch the game today? Your analysis strikes me as either absurd or completely ill-informed.

I feel it doesn't even matter if Osgood plays outstanding and Hasek plays like s***. Babcock and Holland have publicly stated Hasek is the guy. He can play like absolute s*** and he's getting the nod in the playoffs. Will he be on a short leash? I actually don't think so.

And I'm going to have to disagree with inconsistent play for Osgood. Most all of those inconsistent starts was when the Wings were playing horrible, horrible hockey (and that is putting it nicely) and not helping him one bit. NO goalie could have pulled them out of that month.

Yep. I agree. I don't think Ozzie has been great, but he's has more than a few games in the last month or so where he's played really, really well. The only time he wasn't so hot was after the All Star Break.

I agree that Dom won't be on a short leash either. I don't care what anyone says because Babs is NOT the type to switch goalies come playoff time. He didn't with Manny and he was HORRIBLE, no way he does it with Dom. He'll stick with him no matter what.

Better luck next time.

If you are talking about todays game you are officially out of your mind.

I mean I know a .600 sv % is just every bit as good as a 1.0 sv %

That's the difference for me though. Early in the season when Hasek was injured, Osgood was rising above mediocre to horrible play by the skaters and stealing games and keeping us in games we shouldn't have been in. He rose above the play of the team and carried us and he did so consistently until the second half. Granted, he hasn't had the consistency of starts that he had the first half, none the less, he has not played at the same level. You can blame it on not starting as much, sure, but the bottom line is he's not rising above the level of the team like earlier in the season. I agree that you can't hang him out for target practice for many of the games recently, but again, I'm sick of excuses about our goaltenders. Osgood hasn't won a game for us or kept us in one for a good while. I don't think Hasek's done so once this year. That's not going to cut it in the playoffs.

If we lose 2 games in a row in the 1st round, there will absolutely be a switch. With slightly less certainy I'd say the same of the second round. After that it'll most likely be locked in. When you have two goalies that are more than capable of starting in the playoffs, it's a lot easier to switch things up then the Legace year when Osgood was injured half the time and in Babcock's doghouse a bit, and furthermore, then Osgood got injured in practice in the playoffs. I don't think for a second that we'll lose two games in a row at least in the first round without a switch.