• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

96Homer

3/19 GDT: Zetterberg 3, Blue Jackets 1

Rate this topic

I just got back from the game. I never thought I would be at a game where Hank gets a hat trick! I'm so pumped right now. The flag they gave out is HUGE. I don't know what to do with it. Anyways, pretty sloppy first 2 periods. Sammy and Lebda were awful (I thought), but we won and that's all that matters! Way to go Hank!

There was no penalty assesed, first off. Second, the play was stopped by McGeugh as he thought that Horcoff drew the puck back to Stoll with his hand, when the replay clearly shows otherwise.

Ah ok. I wasn't familiar with the play...I thought from watching it with no sound that the play was stopped because the Stars' left winger was tripped right off the faceoff.

Anyway...should have been no goal...but not for the reason that it was prevented.

Thank you Ozzie!

Way to go Z!

Let's go Wings! :clap:

Hmm,I wonder what would happen if it was Sammy flag night? :lol:

Get it done!

He would probably actually pass the puck, or actually not miss the net when its wide open

I just got back from the game...AMAZING! It was my first wings game and it couldn't have been better. The whole place was great and seeing Hank's hat trick in the third period just made everything flawless. Ozzie played GREAT and seeing everyone that I had seen for years on TV...actually in person...was mind-boggling.

Great game! (I ended up taking 230 photos of it)

so clearly i'm a little late. just got to watch the highlights. after the second goal, i saw the cbs goalie bitching to the ref that franzen was in the crease or something. i just like to see that with homer out, someone's still getting other goalies to get their panties all in a bind. :wub:

Yeah, I got in late. Runnin the show at the bar again. Didnt get to see the game, just highlights. Be honest, I was not impressed going into the 4rd. But, hell, good on them. I love seeing our boys able to have a come from behind win. And awesome on Zettz to have a big game. I've been calling him out for a while to explode. I'd liek to see a few more of these ... in the Playoffs!!!

Wow,

I've been doing a lot more lurking than posting as of late, but I have to comment on the 'Zetterberg show' tonight. I really think that Hank and Pavel must compare notes at the end of the game each night. That breakaway reminded me of the "wait, how the F**k " change in direction from the infamous Datsyuk goal on Turco. "Oh yeah? watch this..."

The best part is that Hank getting on a hot streak will likely get Pasha going too. It's a wonderful thing to have two players of this caliber working off one another. I think both of them could be flashier, but they came into the league to a team run by an incredible scorer that gave up the statistics for good of the team.

Hell, nevermind me, I'm babbling drunkenly I suppose, but right now I would rather get excited about the possibilities with this team than focus on the reasons we might lose...

Guest Jeremy88

Z really won this one for us. He got the team going, and he scored all 3 goals. First 2 periods Wings didn't really show up...Wings got lucky Z played well...but that's why we have him.

:)

It really scares me that if we have just a couple players out of the lineup, this team goes from the best to VERY average...boy I hope we don't have injuries in the playoffs. If not for Zetterberg, we probably woulda been shut out last night. That's scary.

It really scares me that if we have just a couple players out of the lineup, this team goes from the best to VERY average...boy I hope we don't have injuries in the playoffs. If not for Zetterberg, we probably woulda been shut out last night. That's scary.

right...but we DO have zetterberg. and that's why he's on our team. i mean, you could look at any night and be like, "well, if we didn't have lidstrom, datsyuk and franzen we would have gotten shut out tonight." you build teams around great players in hopes that SOME one (or a few people) turn it on every night. apparently that's worked for us the majority of games this season, whether it's three people scoring on goal each or one guy scoring three goals. somehow we've won a lot of games where zetterberg didn't score...this one, no one else did, but he was on. *shrug* i don't think that's a very accurate way to look at it.

but that's my $0.02

Firstly, amazing game. Osgood played phenomenal and won that game, along with Z.

So I think I was sitting by Downey's cousin or brother. This guy looked like a more attractive version of Downey but you could definitely tell that they had to be related. He was with this hot, hot blonde (my friends told me to steal her, I told them I don't want Aaron Downey knocking down my door), couldn't check to see if she had a ring, so could have been Downey's wife, don't know what she looks like, or it could have been the cousin's girlfriend and/or wife. Well the suite coordinator or event coordinator, I dunno, he had a suit on, came and talked to them. He started pointing to the other side of the arena and what not. So I'm thinking something is up. Second intermission comes and I tell my friends I might ask him if he is related to Aaron Downey. So I ask him and he sorta laughs and says no. I immediately turn to my friends and proclaim that he is a liar. They never came back, I wonder why, probably because he couldn't face me because he knew he lied to me. Whatever Aaron Downey's cousin or brother, I know you are out there, I'm on to you. I wasn't going to mug you or anything, I just wanted to know if you were related.

Matt, next game you go to, check out the Molson prices. I was in section 123 and there was a Molson cart in the promenade right outside and ALL the Molson $8.50. We were there two weeks ago and we both know a regular Molson was $8.25.

Meech looked really good out there. Throwing his body around, couple really nice checks, going into the corner, he was really just all over the place. And what's really nice was when they were in their defensive zone and you could see Meech trying to direct traffic. I think that's a huge advantage when you have a forward that can do that in your own defensive zone. I'd love to see more of him out there playing forward.

What to say about Chris Osgood. Stole that game, plain and simple. Didn't get a star, I have no idea why. That first period and the second and the third, until Z exploded, was just us applauding and cheering for Osgood. The two glove saves he made in the first, as well as the little 2-1, and an awesome kick save, were crazy. I texted "AWESOME F***ING SAVE OSGOOD" at least 4 times in the first period alone. And I'm sitting there trying to figure out a reason to NOT start Osgood in the playoffs. You have a goalie that has been plagued with the injury bug all year and a goalie, although he did cool off for a while, has played pretty damn consistent good hockey ALL season long. And who is also the league leader in GAA and in the top 10 for SV%, 17 points ahead of his counter-part who is in the bottom 10 for SV%. And then I thought, it's all for nothing, it doesn't matter what he does, Hasek is in no matter what. I just hope Hasek can have a performance tonight like Osgood's last night, he needs to catch fire, and soon.

Totally threw my Detroit Tiger beanie on the ice, I like to think Z picked it up and wears it all the time. Or at least has it in his locker or something.