• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Redwingsfan18

Video of Mac's Return/Ovation?

Rate this topic

Did anyone happen to get the ovation Mac got on tape? Mind you I was at work, but I read he got one and would love to see it. I searched youtube already and had no luck. I'm guessing I'm probably not the only one who would enjoy adding the clip to their collection. Thanks all!

Use your imagination!

:clap::clap::clap:

2008-0328-ad-redwings026.JPG

before using my imagination i literally see empty seats and am reminded of the lame, quiet fans of the lower bowl / JLA in general... now using my imagination, i hear a handful of die-hards screaming for Mac, while the rest of the arena remaining calm and sipping martinis even while the Grind Line is the starting line. Depressing. Go Mac, you deserve better.

haha I can definitely try to use my imagination...I was there when Stevie came back from that major knee surgery a few years ago (the last one) and I remember us all giving him a thunderous ovation, it was amazing. Still, I'd love to have a vid of Mac's return

Did anyone happen to get the ovation Mac got on tape? Mind you I was at work, but I read he got one and would love to see it. I searched youtube already and had no luck. I'm guessing I'm probably not the only one who would enjoy adding the clip to their collection. Thanks all!

I was so bummed. I recorded it on my camera, to have it no safe to the disk. I need a new camera NOW! Keeps doing this. This much be the fourth time when something really cool happened that I recorded and didn't work.

Although, I did record the game on TV too. Is that what you are talking about?

I was so bummed. I recorded it on my camera, to have it no safe to the disk. I need a new camera NOW! Keeps doing this. This much be the fourth time when something really cool happened that I recorded and didn't work.

Although, I did record the game on TV too. Is that what you are talking about?

I'd love to have the clip of his first shift, thats for sure. I heard he started the game with Malts and Draps so I'd love to see that. But I think the O came when they announced his name, right? Either way, I'd take both if I could lol

before using my imagination i literally see empty seats and am reminded of the lame, quiet fans of the lower bowl / JLA in general... now using my imagination, i hear a handful of die-hards screaming for Mac, while the rest of the arena remaining calm and sipping martinis even while the Grind Line is the starting line. Depressing. Go Mac, you deserve better.

Have you ever sat in the lower level? I was 10 rows behind the net the last game I was at and it was loud. I thought to myself, "Wow it's loud down here, despite what some people say".

Edit: Also, if you read the game recaps in the Detroit Papers, McCarty got a massive ovation when his name was announced as a starter, to the point where he said it was almost embarrassing.

Edited by Barrie

Guest Crymson

The crowd was extremely loud throughout the entire game and the cheer Mac got when his name was announced was absolutely enormous. The open seats you're seeing are open because this picture was taken at the pre-game skate. Not all fans had filed in yet. A few minutes after the start of each period, the entire arena was full.

Don't make such assumptions.

Someone's gotta have this

My thoughts exactly...if I was fortunate enough to have a DVR or be able to record stuff like that, I would have done it. It would be really odd if not a single Wings fan taped Mac's comeback <_<

The crowd was extremely loud throughout the entire game and the cheer Mac got when his name was announced was absolutely enormous. The open seats you're seeing are open because this picture was taken at the pre-game skate. Not all fans had filed in yet. A few minutes after the start of each period, the entire arena was full.

Yea it's funny some people can't tell that pic was taken during warmups.

It did look like there were a lot of empty seats in the lower bowl during the game though. Granted, I missed the first half of the game, but the rows of empty seats that I've come to expect were (depressingly) there in the second half. It may have been louder than normal, and the game may be reported as a sellout, but it looked like the lower bowl was as (un)occupied as it normally is. Which makes me sad.

I'd love to see video of the first shift too, if anyone can upload it to YouTube.

So nobody has a video to post?

Those slimmer jerseys are horrible. I still hate them. I expect in a game or two, he'll being a larger size to compensate.

My thoughts exactly...I really can't believe not a single LGWer doesn't have a video of his ovation or his first shift..

:thumbup: here is his interview one, im doing a full scale search because id at least like that in my favorites.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jCzNUxcwnw&hl=en"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jCzNUxcwnw&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jCzNUxcwnw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4jCzNUxcwnw

I love video footage, i have the game taped from yesterday, but didnt get to tape the mac one.. :angry:

:thumbup: here is his interview one, im doing a full scale search because id at least like that in my favorites.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jCzNUxcwnw&hl=en"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jCzNUxcwnw&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jCzNUxcwnw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4jCzNUxcwnw

I love video footage, i have the game taped from yesterday, but didnt get to tape the mac one.. :angry:

That was great! Although I'm still waiting for game footage lol

I was at the game but I did dvr it. I am not good with computers, so there is no way that I can post it... I tried a couple of months ago to post part of a datsyuk interview someone wanted, but could never get it figured out. Anyway, if someone else wants to do it, let me know and I can send you a copy of the dvd.