• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DatsyukownzU13

Sign Abdelkader (now please)

Rate this topic

OK, ok... so it's only been one game. I dont know if it was just me, but I thought he was one of the Red Wings top 3 players on the ice tonight. He brings those playoff intangibles that 90% of our team doesnt have (grinding ability, hitting). Not only can he do these things, the kid has a nack for the net which I can assure you after watching years of him here at Michigan State.

I was skeptical at first to see if he could hang with the big boys, but now that I saw his debut there is no reason why I wouldn't have him take the spot of Downey/Mac/Hartigan/Kopecky and maybe even Hudler at this point.

What are your thoughts?

I wouldn't call him one of our top three contributers tonight but I am definitely a fan. I loved him as a Spartan and I feel he has adapted rather well thus far. He is exactly the type of player we could use in the playoffs, I can not agree with this any more especially with Kopecky possibly missing some time with his injury tonight, not too mention I think his play has surpassed anything Kopecky's done for us so far. However it still is just one game so I can not be too quick to judge.

Oh he will be signed. The kid has charecter and wants to play, we need bodies.

I am thinking by lunch tomarrow he will be inked.

Especally with a possible season ending injury to Kopecky.

i must have missed it? what happened to kopecky?

i must have missed it? what happened to kopecky?

Looked like he blew a knee... Could barely walk down the tunnel under his own power with trainer in hot pursuit. Never returned.

I want to see more. I would not be comfortable seeing him get signed to a long, expensive contract, and have him turn out to be a liability later. He's only played a single NHL game.

Abdelkader has so much energy. I loved watching him play. He is a gritty player, and we need gritty players. He is pretty good size also. I loved how strong he was on the puck. Heck, he almost had two goals tonight. I would sign him tonight...not waste a minute.

I'd like to see a lot more of him. It was hard seeing him there at first since I instinctively hate him because he's from Michigan State and scored an...interesting....goal against my team, but as long as he's in a Wings jersey and not a MSU jersey, I can get over it. He played great!

I want to see more. I would not be comfortable seeing him get signed to a long, expensive contract, and have him turn out to be a liability later. He's only played a single NHL game.

The most he can make as a rookie is 850k so it wouldn't be that expensive. And I think the years would be 2 or 3 depending on how old he is. You could tack on some bonuses but it would still be a reasonable contract and more than likely a two-way contract so we can send him down if necessary.

Edited by Booster313

He would be signed to a rookie contract of no more than 3 years at the league minimum. where'd you get the long expensive contract from?

He brings what you expect "youth" for a hockey club should.

He should be in before Hartigan no more to say there, as for putting him ahead of McCarty playoffs are a different story, Mac knows what needs to be done in the post season but with our recent injuries hopefully we see both of them.

are we seriously going to put an unproven college kid in the playoffs? I mean, I liked what I saw, but I def think he needs more work in the minors. Are our Griffins forwards THAT bad that we would pull a kid out of college and sign him on the spot, then let him play as a regular in the playoffs?