• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeyCrazy3033

Round 1: Wings vs. Predators

Rate this topic

This is always an exciting time. The arrival of the playoffs signals so many unknowns. This isn't like the NFL or any other sport where the outcome is pretty much chosen ahead of time. Anythign can happen. Injuries, momentum, confidence levels, and not to mentino that playoffs ALWAYS have totally unexpected contributors. For all we know, Hudler could end up leading the team in points after a Stanley Cup win. And because of that predictions are really moot. Absolutely anything can happen to throw off the series to one team or the other.

Question: Could someone fill me in? I know Draper and Holmstrom will be back for Game 1 but what about Malty and Samuelson? (not sure of spelling)

Maltby - Will miss the beginning of Round 1. I'm thinking he will probably return by Game 3 or Game 4, depending on how the series is going for the Wings.

Samuelsson - Will likely miss Game 1. No date has been slated for his return at this point.

Guest Hank=FutureCaptain

I'm not sure, but I think I may be the first to predict it.......sweep.

Red Machine in 4

This is always an exciting time. The arrival of the playoffs signals so many unknowns. This isn't like the NFL or any other sport where the outcome is pretty much chosen ahead of time. Anythign can happen. Injuries, momentum, confidence levels, and not to mentino that playoffs ALWAYS have totally unexpected contributors. For all we know, Hudler could end up leading the team in points after a Stanley Cup win. And because of that predictions are really moot. Absolutely anything can happen to throw off the series to one team or the other.

Yeah like the Giants this year or the Steelers a few years ago. <_<

Guest Hank=FutureCaptain
Yeah like the Giants this year or the Steelers a few years ago. <_<

Yeah no s***. Dude doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

If Tootoo tries anything, somebody should just elbow him in the face at full speed, preferably against the glass. They'll only get one game for it.

Oh, just the one guy gets to do that? Nobody tall enough on our team for the old "law of physics" trick?

Hmm. Wings in 6.

Side notes - how the f*&&% do the Avalanche get lucky and avoid the Wings, Sharks, AND Ducks in the first round??? They don't deserve that as a lower seed. Here's to hoping they wind up in 5th or 7th after Sunday.... <_<

Hey, not so bad! Maybe the Avs can do something useful for a change and knock off Minny. That way, SJ and Anaheim/Dallas would go at it in Rd 2, and the Wings would get the Avs.

If Tootoo tries anything, somebody should just elbow him in the face at full speed, preferably against the glass. They'll only get one game for it.

Oh, just the one guy gets to do that? Nobody tall enough on our team for the old "law of physics" trick?

Hmm. Wings in 6.

I agree with wings in 6 as well. I am just happy to avoid 10:30pm games--as much as I loved the late night crew, I'd rather get some sleep.

In regards to Tootoo, but totally off topic, I dont know if I live in a cave or something, but I just read that he was dating Kellie Pickler from American Idol. And she dumped him for cheating. Looks like he is an ass on and off the ice.

Guest Hank=FutureCaptain
How long do you think we have until the Predator fans start signing up?

Oh im sure the pred trolls will be flocking at full force. Which will be pretty pathetic considering the ass kicking they're about to take. Here on the boards AND out on the ice. :lol:

Well, if for nothing other than the fact that it's less travel, I'm ok with this matchup. Last year, all of our opponents were pretty far out west, so it'll be nice to have an opponent only an hour and a half away.

The Preds are not a bad 1st round opponent. However, I don't think that they will be beaten in 5 or less. 6 sounds realistically to me. Why? "Because it's the playoffs, where strange things happen."

As for the other seeds in the West:

San Jose (2), Minnesota (3) and Anaheim (4) are locked.

Dallas (5) is a .999999999999 lock either; they can only drop one place if they lose against San Jose, Colorado (6) wins against Minnesota and the combined scores somehow bridge the 22-goal gap in goal differential between both teams.

Examples:

SJ 11, DAL 0; MIN 0, COL 12 --> Colorado ahead of Dallas

SJ 10, DAL 0; MIN 0, COL 11 --> Dallas ahead of Colorado

SJ 10, DAL 0; MIN 0, COL 13 --> Colorado ahead of Dallas

SJ 11, DAL 0; MIN 0, COL 11 --> both teams exactly tied

etc.

The goal differential will be the tie breaker because they would be equal in points and wins and their season series was also split.

Colorado (6) and Calgary (7) will change seeds if Calgary wins against Vancouver tonight and Colorado loses in regulation on Sunday.

Summary:

(1) DET - (8) NSH --> locked

(4) ANA - (5) DAL --> locked (the maths ain't gonna happen)

(2) SJ - CGY or COL

(3) MIN - COL or CGY

Personal preference: COL takes the 7th spot, then beats SJ in 7 before being sweeped by DET... :rolleyes:

Edited by German Red Wing

I am so pumped that we don't have games starting at 10 pm EST (at least in the first round). I think it will be good for us not to do some much traveling early in the playoffs.

I have tickets to game 4 in Nashville! Friend of mine has season tickets in Nash-vegas, so he was able to them before the public.

GO WINGS!!!!

Awesome if they beat out the Canes for the division title - NO southern teams in the Playoffs :yowza: !!! (not counting Nashville as deep south) A victory for the NHL.

Dallas is in the frigid north now? :P