• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

Tonights Wings Game...Minus 30 Minutes!

Rate this topic

When I noticed the start time for this game a few days ago one thing came to my mind immediately.....carry-over. If you look at the programming guide for Versus you'll notice they're showing the NJD/NYR game from 7:00 ET to 9:30 ET, while the Red Wings game starts at 9:00 ET. Basically that means we're going to miss *at least* 22 minutes of the game plus the chance of a lot more if the game goes to OT.

Now, I have Center Ice but I can't imagine they would play the game on one of those channels even given the situation at hand just to cover the difference in start times, but does anyone else have a suggestion or know how Versus is going to handle this? Is it as I feard?

If so, does anyone have a link to the Yahoo! Sports player that sometimes plays the game, if they're even playing it?

When I noticed the start time for this game a few days ago one thing came to my mind immediately.....carry-over. If you look at the programming guide for Versus you'll notice they're showing the NJD/NYR game from 7:00 ET to 9:30 ET, while the Red Wings game starts at 9:00 ET. Basically that means we're going to miss *at least* 22 minutes of the game plus the chance of a lot more if the game goes to OT.

Now, I have Center Ice but I can't imagine they would play the game on one of those channels even given the situation at hand just to cover the difference in start times, but does anyone else have a suggestion or know how Versus is going to handle this? Is it as I feard?

If so, does anyone have a link to the Yahoo! Sports player that sometimes plays the game, if they're even playing it?

I noticed it too, and it's pissing me off. :angry: I hope someone can post an online link to the game.

HELP ME!

FULL GAME. NO JIP.

sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/47986

Vs. Direct feed, Joined in progress.

mms://a1729.l2168647534.c21686.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1729/21686/v0001/reflector:54953

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

FULL GAME. NO JIP.

sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/47986

Vs. Direct feed, Joined in progress.

mms://a1729.l2168647534.c21686.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1729/21686/v0001/reflector:54953

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

For some reason or another Sopcast doesn't work to well on my end. I'm not exactly sure why, as I've downloaded everything I need, but I still have troubles. That's why I was asking about the Yahoo! Sports link. I've never watched a live hockey game on their site before and was just wondering if anyone had a direct link to that if its available?

I have a question regarding VS.

Every time a Wings game is on there, I just switch it to that channel just to see how the commentating is, but every time they'll show this fishing thing or some random crap. I have never seen a game on VS. this playoffs, has this happened to anyone else in the Detroit area?

if you are in a market that is not near new york and new jersey, then versus should switch the game over to the detroit feed. Normally they show the game that consists of the teams that our closest to your market

:ranting:

Yeah, I'm screwed. <_<

For some reason or another Sopcast doesn't work to well on my end. I'm not exactly sure why, as I've downloaded everything I need, but I still have troubles. That's why I was asking about the Yahoo! Sports link. I've never watched a live hockey game on their site before and was just wondering if anyone had a direct link to that if its available?

As far as I'm aware, there is no Yahoo feed for the Wings game tonight. When you say you have issues with sopcast, what are they?

if you are in a market that is not near new york and new jersey, then versus should switch the game over to the detroit feed. Normally they show the game that consists of the teams that our closest to your market

I hope that's true, however, I doubt it, since I don't live anywhere near New York or New Jersey, and my programming says the Wings game will be joined in progress at 8:30.

Damn you Gary Bettman! This is all your fault. :ranting:

I hope to god your right, but I just don't see it happening....and I'm from Green Bay, WI which is a hell of a lot closer to Detroit than New York or New Jersey.

Here's hoping.

As far as I'm aware, there is no Yahoo feed for the Wings game tonight. When you say you have issues with sopcast, what are they?

I have the Sopcast software on my computer and I know I'm up to date with Codecs and Flash Player, but for some reason when I click on the feed for the game, it just never loads. Baffles me.....

I have the Sopcast software on my computer and I know I'm up to date with Codecs and Flash Player, but for some reason when I click on the feed for the game, it just never loads. Baffles me.....

Some, if not most of the feeds require VLC player to decode the stream. If your buffer fills, the player says its playing, but you get just a black screen this is very likely your problem.

I used to use DIVX player until I found out about VLC. Its very good, and is very flexible.

Click the sopcast stream, let it buffer. You will not see video if it is a VLC required stream.

Leave sopcast running and mute it.

Open VLC.

In the upper left, select FILE, then OPEN NETWORK STREAM. Select the HTTP radio button. Type in the 127.0.0.1:8902 and click ok. It will be opened with the VLC player, using VLC players audio.

VLC can be found free at http://www.videolan.org/

Edited by Xitium

If you have FSN Detroit you won't miss a thing. Or do a lot of people not have FSN Detroit?

Well, I live in Las Vegas, and NFM is in Green Bay, so we don't have it. I wish I did.

Changes in recent years in playoff scheduling just flat out suck. It used to be that you had game one night, next night off, game one night, next night off...etc. THese days, you sometimes have back to back games and then 2 nights off and it switches several times even within one series.

Way to get a rhythm going...

Some, if not most of the feeds require VLC player to decode the stream. If your buffer fills, the player says its playing, but you get just a black screen this is very likely your problem.

I used to use DIVX player until I found out about VLC. Its very good, and is very flexible.

Click the sopcast stream, let it buffer. You will not see video if it is a VLC required stream.

Leave sopcast running and mute it.

Open VLC.

In the upper left, select FILE, then OPEN NETWORK STREAM. Select the HTTP radio button. Type in the 127.0.0.1:8902 and click ok. It will be opened with the VLC player, using VLC players audio.

VLC can be found free at http://www.videolan.org/

Thanks a million. I'll give it a whirl tonight regardless of whether or not the game comes through on TV.

Changes in recent years in playoff scheduling just flat out suck. It used to be that you had game one night, next night off, game one night, next night off...etc. THese days, you sometimes have back to back games and then 2 nights off and it switches several times even within one series.

Way to get a rhythm going...

I don't care for that type of scheduling either. Actually, the Wings/Preds series is the only one of the eight that plays every other night continuing on through the "if necessary" games.

Isn't CBC carrying the game too? (for us Canadians out there) .. Havn't had the time to check, working lots. Possibility of just being a rumor.