• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

Tonights Wings Game...Minus 30 Minutes!

Rate this topic

Gonna have to put up with the Nashville announcers until Versus picks up the game, ugh. At least us with CI can watch the game in it's entirety, woohoo!

I'm not sure if you live in Nashville or not however, the rights to this airing of the wings/nashville game rights are owned by Versus.... it won't be aired on Center Ice even if it's listed.

I just wish they'd go back to the old format - Center Ice - all regular season games and the first two rounds of the playoffs, then we wouldn't be sacrificing the timing of any of the games.

This ticks me off to no end especially paying for BOTH Center Ice AND Versus.

Come on Devils/Rangers... 3 quick periods, not a lot of whistles, no infractions, maybe 1 goal throughout the whole game... LET'S DO 'ER!

:thumbup:

I've got Directv....I can watch it on FSN-Detroit or Versus, I prefer FSN, Mick & Kenny are the best!

Versus always blacks out FSN-D here, and i have directv + center ice. what gives.

I accidently started a new thread on that cause I didn't see this one...If you have Center Ice the game will nt be blacked out because of theoverlap. So if you have Center Ice you can watch the game still from the begining. My brother emailed the NHL complaining and that was what he was told.

That's awesome, although I'm not getting my hopes up; it seems like Center Ice screws me over whenever possible. I really hope it's the Detroit feed....

As a young man I lived in Chicago and then Denver. Denver wasnt too bad because I had Lord Stanleys, a bar over an ice rink that had every game on TV. Still the main reason I moved back to Detroit was the Wings.

Then why does center ice say the start time is 7pm PST?

If you look in the guide for the day it shows you that it's a 6pm PST start however, when you scroll out to the actual time - the game is listed at 7pm.

They did this last night for one of the other games but it was blacked out...

Edited by VladyIBELIEVE16

I accidently started a new thread on that cause I didn't see this one...If you have Center Ice the game will nt be blacked out because of theoverlap. So if you have Center Ice you can watch the game still from the begining. My brother emailed the NHL complaining and that was what he was told.

I'll believe it when I see it.

As a young man I lived in Chicago and then Denver. Denver wasnt too bad because I had Lord Stanleys, a bar over an ice rink that had every game on TV. Still the main reason I moved back to Detroit was the Wings.

I hear you. I've been stuck on the East Coast for the past several years. I had to decide whether to move to Chicago or Ann Arbor after graduation, and the Wings were a huge weight in Michigan's favor. Plenty of fans to watch games with in Chicago, but it's not quite the same. Plus I'd always fear that when I had kids, they'd grow up to be Blackhawks fans. *shudder*

if you are in a market that is not near new york and new jersey, then versus should switch the game over to the detroit feed. Normally they show the game that consists of the teams that our closest to your market

Not in the playoffs

:ranting:

Yeah, I'm screwed. <_<

It gets better. MSG owns the rights for rangers/devils so Vs. might not carry any hockey until that game is over. :ranting:

Just one more reason to hate the rags.

That's HUGE! :thumbup:

I'll believe it when I see it.

This is from the email we were sent

Thank you for your email. Yes, because the Detroit/Nashville game is scheduled as a joined-in-progress game, we are permitted to show it in Center Ice as well.

Thanks,

NHL TV

I apologize for it seeming not solid, but I'm not going to copy the email straight up since it is my brothers and not mine, but please take my word for it, that this email is from NHL TV

Mine doesn't carry it and when I called time warner cable the other night the guy asked if "Versus" was a movie.....

My area TWC doesn't carry versus HD. I have NO idea why.

Thats because it is Time Warner Cable....which is code name for Crap...

I have it as well and am not remotely satisfied, but I can't get a dish so...no choice

Also if anyone else has been following all the games - the joined in progress games have NOT been on center ice too in order to cover the overlapping time.

Versus didn't plan to give enough time for regulation games.

I'm not angry with any of you. I know it seems that I'm completely ticked - which I am. I'm angry about versus and the way the playoffs have played out so far. They cannot meet the demand of all these games.

Every game has overlapped so far and center ice has NOT covered ANY of the games for the difference.

It's just so frustrating. When I called versus the guy told me no one was complaining about the overlapping of games so far. I told him to wait until wednesday the 16th when the Detroit Red Wings are playing and you're overlapping on their feed - I guarantee you'll hear about it then.

This is from the email we were sent

I apologize for it seeming not solid, but I'm not going to copy the email straight up since it is my brothers and not mine, but please take my word for it, that this email is from NHL TV

it's not that I don't believe you. It just hasn't happened so far. I don't know why they would do it under this instance and not all the rest....make sense?

yup...I just hope they are covering it...

I hope so too... I am not home so I can't look at the guide on CI. I had resigned myself to listening to NHL radio until Versus felt like showing whatever portion of the Wings we are able to get. Maybe I will have to say one nice thing this season about CI if they show the whole game. :hehe:

I hope so too... I am not home so I can't look at the guide on CI. I had resigned myself to listening to NHL radio until Versus felt like showing whatever portion of the Wings we are able to get. Maybe I will have to say one nice thing this season about CI if they show the whole game. :hehe:

i looked for you already Loo. it shows at 9:00 on CI