• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

Tonights Wings Game...Minus 30 Minutes!

Rate this topic

Thank god for FSN

I used to get all kinds of local FSN on DirecTV to watch out of market games. I am in Texas and got to watch games on FSND all the time...that is, until Center Ice came along...damn you Center Ice!

If the Versus feed is anything like the last game on NBC, there will be half an hour of blathering and commercials before they actually drop the puck anyway. So, maybe we won't miss anything at all. :hehe:

That is a good point, all of the games on Versus so far in the series haven't started until around 15 minutes after the projected start time.

So you are saying that it is well worth the price? I don't have it and am thinking about getting it.

I bought the online version this year, and the quality is very very good. It sucks that not every playoff game is carried.

So you are saying that it is well worth the price? I don't have it and am thinking about getting it.

Its worth every dime and then some. It's so nice to be able to catch every single Wings game plus any other game I want. I know $150 can be a lot for some people, but its beyond worth it.

I watched almost every game this season, but there is some level of fail with Center Ice when the games are blacked out so they can show them on the NHL network. It took me like a month of complaining to Comcast to get hooked up.

Some, if not most of the feeds require VLC player to decode the stream. If your buffer fills, the player says its playing, but you get just a black screen this is very likely your problem.

I used to use DIVX player until I found out about VLC. Its very good, and is very flexible.

Click the sopcast stream, let it buffer. You will not see video if it is a VLC required stream.

Leave sopcast running and mute it.

Open VLC.

In the upper left, select FILE, then OPEN NETWORK STREAM. Select the HTTP radio button. Type in the 127.0.0.1:8902 and click ok. It will be opened with the VLC player, using VLC players audio.

VLC can be found free at http://www.videolan.org/

yup NFM thats what i have to do everytime when i use sopcast. just follow what xitium said and it will work perfect.

I accidently started a new thread on that cause I didn't see this one...If you have Center Ice the game will nt be blacked out because of theoverlap. So if you have Center Ice you can watch the game still from the begining. My brother emailed the NHL complaining and that was what he was told.

If the Versus feed is anything like the last game on NBC, there will be half an hour of blathering and commercials before they actually drop the puck anyway. So, maybe we won't miss anything at all. :hehe:

Loo i just checked out our center ice and it looks like we are in luck...they are playing the wings game. AWESOME!!!

Loo its on game 2 9:00

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

I've got Directv....I can watch it on FSN-Detroit or Versus, I prefer FSN, Mick & Kenny are the best!

Wait a second! I have CI as well through DirecTV and I haven't seen ANY of the Wings' playoff games broadcast on antyhing other than Vs. or NBC. Are you telling me that you saw the FSN-D feed for the playoffs? I keep checking the guide and haven't seen Detroit listed once, whereas nearly every other team has had their stuff on the Ci channels in the 770's. WTF?!?!

Jeff in Houston

Wait a second! I have CI as well through DirecTV and I haven't seen ANY of the Wings' playoff games broadcast on antyhing other than Vs. or NBC. Are you telling me that you saw the FSN-D feed for the playoffs? I keep checking the guide and haven't seen Detroit listed once, whereas nearly every other team has had their stuff on the Ci channels in the 770's. WTF?!?!

Jeff in Houston

Yes, FSN-D is covering all Wings playoff games locally.

If anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it.

I'd really like to watch the game on my comp and it seems like using Sopcast and VLC is the best way to go. So should I just go to Sopcast.com, download that, then go to the link Xtium sent and download that. Just click the game, open the VLC player, and do everything Xtium sent. Or is it more complicated than that?

If you're out of the Michigan network.. call versus. there's a contact us telephone number and COMPLAIN. I actually spoke to a live person the other night.

They said it'd be better if versus had two stations (ie espn/espn2).

The only way this will get reconciled is if enough of us call and complain.

this carry over is RIDICULOUS. We suffer enough as hockey fans. The least they can do is hear our demands.... heck Time warner cable doesn't even carry Versus in HD....don't even get me started on that.

http://www.versus.com/article/view/740/?tf...terArticles.tpl

Make it happen people. I will say if that wings game is blocked out (because versus OWNS the feed it's not going to be carried on center ice)...

VERSUS

Two Stamford Plaza

281 Tresser Boulevard

Stamford, CT 06901

Phone: (203) 406-2500 Fax: (203) 406-2534

Toll-Free 1-877-VERSUS-ON

Programming Inquiries or Viewer Feedback

feedback@versus.com

On-Air Advertising

adsales@versus.com

Employment Opportunities

Click here for a list of current jobs.

All other Inquiries

feedback@versus.com

OLN Canada

I'd really like to watch the game on my comp and it seems like using Sopcast and VLC is the best way to go. So should I just go to Sopcast.com, download that, then go to the link Xtium sent and download that. Just click the game, open the VLC player, and do everything Xtium sent. Or is it more complicated than that?

Nope, thats about it. :thumbup:

If you're out of the Michigan network.. call versus. there's a contact us telephone number and COMPLAIN. I actually spoke to a live person the other night.

They said it'd be better if versus had two stations (ie espn/espn2).

The only way this will get reconciled is if enough of us call and complain.

this carry over is RIDICULOUS. We suffer enough as hockey fans. The least they can do is hear our demands.... heck Time warner cable doesn't even carry Versus in HD....don't even get me started on that.

http://www.versus.com/article/view/740/?tf...terArticles.tpl

Make it happen people. I will say if that wings game is blocked out (because versus OWNS the feed it's not going to be carried on center ice)...

VERSUS

Two Stamford Plaza

281 Tresser Boulevard

Stamford, CT 06901

Phone: (203) 406-2500 Fax: (203) 406-2534

Toll-Free 1-877-VERSUS-ON

Programming Inquiries or Viewer Feedback

feedback@versus.com

On-Air Advertising

adsales@versus.com

Employment Opportunities

Click here for a list of current jobs.

All other Inquiries

feedback@versus.com

OLN Canada

then why do i have a VS HD channle right next to the reg VS channle? ;)

FYI though, once the VS feed starts, that will be the superior feed BY FAR. Also, it won't require VLC player, either. (Though you will probably still want to watch it in VLC, just plug the mms address in the same spot you would for the 127.0.0.1:8902 above.)

Edited by Xitium

then why do i have a VS HD channle right next to the reg VS channle? ;)

Mine doesn't carry it and when I called time warner cable the other night the guy asked if "Versus" was a movie.....

My area TWC doesn't carry versus HD. I have NO idea why.

Mine doesn't carry it and when I called time warner cable the other night the guy asked if "Versus" was a movie.....

My area TWC doesn't carry versus HD. I have NO idea why.

WTF!!!! a movie!?!?!?! hahahahaha well after the playoffs im swithing to direct. i hate f'n time warner. i need the big ten network,nfl and nhl networks. time warner can kiss my ass.