• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

WQF Game 5 GDT: Red Wings 2, Predators 1 (OT)

Rate this topic

When Franzen scored...I jumped up from my couch and my hand ran into the (moving) ceiling fan, I collapsed to the ground and continued to cheer.

I love my Wings. :D

I laughed out loud there and then wondered if you were okay, no broken hand or fingers I hope :rolleyes:

...Also, the Wings won and the Tigers won ending our superstition that both teams can't win at the same time.

Tigers beat the Jays 8-4 :)

Edited by cirov19

I just have to say this. What the hell is going on with Hank? He's lost a step in the playoffs. We don't need that s***! He protects the puck well as usual and is moving okay but he can't hit tape, he can't take a pass cleanly and he can't finish!!

Hank we NEED you. This is the ******* playoffs.

So the two goals to win game one were scored by ghost runner on third? Dumb ass. Different people have steped up each game. THAT"s what we need.

People here take a lot of pride in things like the Wings so heavily outshooting opposing teams.

Oh, believe me, I hate outshooting teams to such a disproportionate amount. It always seems to make it that much more likely for the opposition to pot one on fewer SOG. Now, if the Wings were scoring one goal for every ten shots they took, sure, 50 SOG is fine for me. But 2 goals? It's worrisome to say the least.

I'm just glad we got the win and an OT loss should definitely demoralize the Preds (plus keep them winless on the road in the playoffs as a matter of pride). But it ain't over yet. We need the killer instinct in Game 6 to put them away for good.

When ******* bonk scored that goal i punched the wall, and killed my hand. THen when franzenstein made that move and scored, I jumped on the doorway of my living room and hung from it practically ripping down the doorway... needless to say i have issues haha, great game though.

side note:

the goal they gave up with the EN, i was pissed but it wasnt the usual redwings collapse in their own zone, they held on nicely, but radick bonk took advantage of literally the 1 or 2 sec he had to catch and shoot that puck, so nice play for him, even though i hate him. THe only thing i was pissed about was because detroit laid off to much and played to positional rather than a little mroe aggresive and make them panic, but whatever we came out on top, lets finish this in nashville.

Now that's funny! Are you okay?

Yeah, just nicked my knuckle a little. :lol:

What's even funnier though is the exchange my wife and I had afterward.

Her: "Well, at least you didn't break anything."

Me: "Yeah, my hand's fine."

Her: "I meant the fan..."

:P

Good show from the second line tonight - 1st line created planety but couldn't finish, but flip mule and sammy all looked on it tonight. Though D-mac was pretty good in his limited role too, and Kronner was great at both ends of the ice. Ralf didn;t look too convincing though...

I called Franz making Nashville pay when they busted his lip open earlier in the game. Just like last year... you wanna try and put the hurt on Franz - he'll send your ass home.

Way to go Mule, I love you!!! :D

Me-thinks this team has more confidence and simply plays harder for Ozzie, and it was great to be that the fans showed him some love.

Assuming the Wings learned something from Game 3 (good GOD I hope they learned from that game) I fully expect them to finish the series on Sunday

I agree completly with you. The team is night and day where Hasek and Osgood are conserned. The play a lot tougher, and more wise in front of Osgood. They seem more at ease. I too expect the Wings to finish the series on Sunday.

So you can blame my mother for going into overtime. I did not remove myself from the tv until she came home and told me to go get her a coke from the basement. I did. They scored. I yelled at her. Told her it was her fault. Then the Wings won and we screamed our asses off. I'm still making her feel bad for sending it into ot in the first place though.

Edited by dallas27

I agree completly with you. The team is night and day where Hasek and Osgood are conserned. The play a lot tougher, and more wise in front of Osgood. They seem more at ease. I too expect the Wings to finish the series on Sunday.

They don't have to worry about running into ozzie 20 feet out of the net.

So now all that has to happen is on Sunday we need a win so Nashville doesn't even get the chance to end their 0-10 playoff road streak..

Although, even if they did make it they would only be 0-11.