• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

WQF Game 5 GDT: Red Wings 2, Predators 1 (OT)

Rate this topic

Yeah, just nicked my knuckle a little. :lol:

What's even funnier though is the exchange my wife and I had afterward.

Her: "Well, at least you didn't break anything."

Me: "Yeah, my hand's fine."

Her: "I meant the fan..."

:P

So you can blame my mother for going into overtime. I did not remove myself from the tv until she came home and told me to go get her a coke from the basement. I did. They scored. I yelled at her. Told it was her fault. Then the Wings won and we screamed our asses off. I'm still making her feel bad for sending it into ot in the first place though.

Last year, my cat jumped on my lap right before Neidermayer scored the tying goal in game 5.

My cat stays outside during Wings games now

Oh the stress and anxiety thank God we won, wow.

I couldnt watch OT because of my stress, which i had this whole game watching us try keep a 1-0 lead and not being able to put another puck in because Ellis was closing the door.

What a important win, Nashville had no business being on the ice today (besides Ellis) it was a bunch of pillons out against us and our lack of finishing really had me stressed especially since i didnt drink today.

Great job Johan way to go.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, was there anybody here that didn't totally see OT coming? As soon as the 2nd period ended 1-0, you just knew they were gonna tie it. Definitely a repeat of Game 5 vs the Ducks last except a much better result. I thought we played a great defensive game. Ozzie was solid, which was exactly what we needed him to be. Nothing spectacular, but he made the saves he needed to.

Cleary had a lot of jump today, he looked good out there. Our fourth line looked pretty good too, Mac had some good hits and Helm didn't look out of place. Of course I have to mention Franzen; nice finish on the winner. I'm just so relieved we didn't lose after an all around solid game. Looking forward to game 6, let's finish 'em off so I can make plans for Tuesday night.

So the two goals to win game one were scored by ghost runner on third? Dumb ass. Different people have steped up each game. THAT"s what we need.

Yeah one productive game out of 5 is good. I'm sure that's what Babcock was hoping for. The averaged well over a point per game during the regular season and started the season with at least a point in like the first 20 games or something. Don't call me a dumbass because my post was clearly valid.

I don't believe any of you need to worry about ever seeing Hasek again. It's pretty clear they're done with him in Detroit. Ozzie's team now.

Party on!!

For someone who says they don't care who is in net you seem to mention Hasek not playing in Detroit ever again quite a bit. LET IT GO.

Yeah one productive game out of 5 is good. I'm sure that's what Babcock was hoping for. The averaged well over a point per game during the regular season and started the season with at least a point in like the first 20 games or something. Don't call me a dumbass because my post was clearly valid.

I thought Z played pretty well tonight.

s***, 1-0 Sucks

side note: I think that us taking this one back from Ellis who was the team may rattle him since it is such a huge win and an OT loss for him when he played so well.

I see alot more going in on him from here on.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I don't believe any of you need to worry about ever seeing Hasek again. It's pretty clear they're done with him in Detroit. Ozzie's team now.

Party on!!

Actually, I'd be surprised if we go the rest of the playoffs without seeing one more goalie change. It's just the nature of having two capable goalies back there that will make Babcock more trigger happy than most coaches would be otherwise.

So, was there anybody here that didn't totally see OT coming? As soon as the 2nd period ended 1-0, you just knew they were gonna tie it. Definitely a repeat of Game 5 vs the Ducks last except a much better result. I thought we played a great defensive game. Ozzie was solid, which was exactly what we needed him to be. Nothing spectacular, but he made the saves he needed to.

Cleary had a lot of jump today, he looked good out there. Our fourth line looked pretty good too, Mac had some good hits and Helm didn't look out of place. Of course I have to mention Franzen; nice finish on the winner. I'm just so relieved we didn't lose after an all around solid game. Looking forward to game 6, let's finish 'em off so I can make plans for Tuesday night.

I actually thought they might hold on and win in regulation, but that last second goal to tie it was very Wing-like. I was oddly "sure" they would win in OT, however.

I thought Cleary looked good, too. He's getting his stamina back, after being out for so long, as I was hoping he would. He'll be a real presence in Game 6, I bet.

Thoughts for Sunday:

- Osgood needs to be hot again.

- The offense needs to actually capitalize on some of those shots.

But most importantly..

- Detroit needs to win.

Let's go Red Wings!

ty FRANZEN TY ohhh ty

im so over-joyed right now i must keep posting

what a weight off our shoulders

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Yak19

Before the game started I said I wasn't going to be able to sleep tonight if the Wings lost because I wouldn't be able to get over it...

Now I am not going to be able to sleep because I'm too damn happy/excited/whatever you call this feeling...