• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kylee

Avalanche injury status

Rate this topic

Floppa has been day-to-day for the last 8 seasons or so. I'm just glad I don't have to see that idiot diving around out there like the little punk that he is.

Besides, they got what they deserved, since he pulled a Niedermayer this year and wasn't even a real member of the team until March. They deserve to have him injured for that.

Game 2: Five minutes in, Kronner with a monster hit to Forsberg, Forsberg out indefinetly with a bruised ego.

dont forget the groin injury with the messed up foot :blink:

From Macomb Daily reporter Chuck Pleiness ...

Peter Forsberg and Wojtek Wolski are not on the ice. Goalie Jose Theodore is practicing.

The injuries to Forsberg (groin) and Wolski (upper body) could be devastating for the Avalanche.

POST-PRACTICE UPDATE:

According to coach Joel Quennville, Forsberg is questionable for tomorrow. Forsberg says he's day-to-day.

Wolski out indefinitely. Quenneville said he's unlikely to return in series.

Theodore will start Game 2.

A dollar he doesn't finish. rofl

Jiri Hudler

13:10 per game (1065 total mins)

81 GP, 13-29-42, +11.

25 hits, 8 Blocks, 17-21 Give/Take

131 shots, 9.9%

Wojtek Wolski

15:55 per game (1181 total mins, or 11% more than Hudler)

77 GP, 18-30-48, +10.

54 hits, 21 Blocks, 37-40 Give/Take

158 shots, 11.4%

Over Wolski's minutes, Hudler would have:

14-32-46, +12.

Wolski may have the size, but he is not physical (similar 'hits' stats) and he has a worse give/take ratio than Hudler.

As for their overall stats? They have VERY similar stat lines, meaning they have a similar effect on the game. Hudler, of course, is usually the best player on his line, while Wolski is often the WORST player on his line.

Hudler is AT MINIMUM a comparable player. I never said they play the same style beyond saying they were 'similar players' in that they are capable shooters and playmakers who do not play a terribly physical game and are average defensively, and that they play at a similar skill level. You can't refute it, it's the truth.

Similar hit stats? Wolski has more than twice as many. There are some people in the league who even use the term "budding power forward" with Wolski (although I wouldnt). Hes a much bigger physical presence than Hudler and to top it all off, if you talk to most Avs fans, they'll tell you Wolski had a snake-bitten year. Not to mention, Hudler saw 40 seconds more of PP time per game than Wolski did, likely due to Colorado's wicked offensive depth. Wolski is a stud, and Id take him on my team over Hudler every single day of the week and twice on Sundays. Interestingly though, Wolski has been much better in the playoffs than he was in the regular season this year a la Hudler.

That being said, I WAS one of the people that supported Hudler playing in the playoffs. Never did I think he should get benched just because of his size. And likewise, with the way Hudler has played so far in the playoffs, I DO think it would be a big loss if he went down.

I wouldn't be surprised if Forsberg misses the entire series. We know those groin injuries take a while to heal (Osgood in 2005-06, Rafalski this year, and Hasek all the time).

So far we're getting all the breaks when it comes to injuries, unlike last year.

Edited by Barrie

I wouldn't be surprised if Forsberg misses the entire series. We know those groin injuries take a while to heal (Osgood in 2005-06, Rafalski this year, and Hasek all the time).

So far we're getting all the breaks when it comes to injuries, unlike last year.

Thats why I dont have any sympathy for teams with injury issues. It wouldve been nice for Osgood not to have been injuried in 05-06, when Manny was playing like crap. It would've been nice to have a Steve Yzerman who was 100% in 2002. It would've been nice to have our #2 and #3 Dmen in the playoffs against Anaheim last year.

You do what you can with what you have. Its part of the playoffs.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?articleid=36169...mp;service=page

it says on NHL.com wolski is out for the rest of the playoffs

Actually it says for the rest of the second round (which is the rest of the playoffs for them ;) ).

Denver post says "indefinitely"

The Avs got further bad news today when it was revealed first-line left wing Wojtek Wolski will be out indefinitely, with an upper body injury, most likely to his ribs. He was injured after a collision between Avs defenseman Ruslan Salei and Detroit's Johan Franzen when Franzen ran into him.

Would prefer to beat them with all players in...BUT they played OK late w/o those guys so will be tough going anyhow...

I'm not even so sure it's the groin - always suspected the ankle too. Even Avs columnist Terry Frei is suspicious:

"DETROIT - When Peter Forsberg wasn't able to play down the stretch of the regular season at Minnesota on March 30 because of his ankl ... er, groin problem, Avalanche coach Joel Quenneville took a simple route, hoping to minimize the effects on line combinations he believed were working well."

Similar hit stats? Wolski has more than twice as many. There are some people in the league who even use the term "budding power forward" with Wolski (although I wouldnt). Hes a much bigger physical presence than Hudler and to top it all off, if you talk to most Avs fans, they'll tell you Wolski had a snake-bitten year. Not to mention, Hudler saw 40 seconds more of PP time per game than Wolski did, likely due to Colorado's wicked offensive depth. Wolski is a stud, and Id take him on my team over Hudler every single day of the week and twice on Sundays. Interestingly though, Wolski has been much better in the playoffs than he was in the regular season this year a la Hudler.

That being said, I WAS one of the people that supported Hudler playing in the playoffs. Never did I think he should get benched just because of his size. And likewise, with the way Hudler has played so far in the playoffs, I DO think it would be a big loss if he went down.

Similar hit stats.

You do realize than Wolski is as far behind Samuelsson as he is ahead of Hudler in hits?

He may have more than Hudler, but both have a negligible amount and are generally players who don't hit.

Which was my point. Wolski has a few more hits because he's bigger, but is for the most part just as non-physical as Hudler.

Players with similar hits in similar games to Wolski:

Brian Gionta, Brad Boyes, Mike Ribeiro, Patrick Elias, Sami Kapanen, Viktor Kozlov, Patrick Sharp, Martin Erat, Marco Sturm.

Players with similar hits and games to Hudler:

Steven Reinprecht, Jaromir Jagr, Slava Kozlov, Tomas Fleischmann, Trevor Letowski, Petr Sykora, Robert Lang, Ales Hemsky.

I would classify all of those players as 'similar' in terms of physical game. What makes Wolski so different than Hudler if those are the comparable hitters?

Game 2: Five minutes in, Kronner with a monster hit to Forsberg, Forsberg out indefinetly with a bruised ego.

That would be great, but I hope Kronner grows more selective with his hits with each game. Need him 100% healthy.

Edited by Grateful Gadsby

wolski played on my AAA team in grade 8 lol

Was he any good? Kidding -- I'm sure he was. I'm surprised, however, by how many times I hear "I played with Player X (now in the NHL), as a kid, and he was nothing special." Plus, it's great to hear stories about late bloomers. It offers hope for us beer-leaguers that we might become decent players someday. :cool:

DETROIT -- Peter Forsberg made an appearance today at Joe Louis Arena, but was not on skates and his status for Saturday's Game 2 against the Detroit Red Wings is questionable at best.

"I'm not going to talk too much about how I'm feeling," Forsberg said. "It's bad not being able to play, but we'll see tomorrow. There's no decision made right now and I'll just have to take it day to day."

The Avs got further bad news today when it was revealed first-line left wing Wojtek Wolski will be out indefinitely, with an upper body injury, most likely to his ribs. He was injured after a collision between Avs defenseman Ruslan Salei and Detroit's Johan Franzen when Franzen ran into him.

Wolski will most likely be out the rest of the series with an upper body injury. This is too bad for the Avs as he is a real threat offensively and rounded out the Sakic-Brunette line perfectly.

I wouldn't get too excited though as they are probably going to go with Jaroslav Hlinka now who was the Czech elite leagues (best league in Europe) top scorer. He hasn't been great this season, but mostly because of being shuffled around. He is a fast skater with incredible stick handling and great playmaking ability. His only issue is his size and he does seem to be pushed around a bit out there. It will be interesting to see how he fits in.

Very debatable claim. The Russian RHL seems to draw better players and more money.

Anyways the Czechs are always very dangerous players. Hope our guys can cancel this new threat out.