• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
tazzer82

Avery rushed to hospital

Rate this topic

Hope he is alright, you never want to see this happen to anyone:

Rangers bad boy Sean Avery, unconscious and not breathing, was rushed to a Manhattan hospital Wednesday morning in cardiac arrest just hours after his team's playoff loss, sources said.

Avery, 28, arrived at St. Vincent's Medical Center about 3 a.m., according to the hospital source. The Rangers had just lost 5-3 a short time earlier in the Stanley Cup playoffs against the Pittsburgh Penguins at Madison Square Garden.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hockey/r...y_hospital.html

Am I the only one who thinks Jiri Fischer when I hear this.

I hope Avery is able to get back to hockey and this turns out to be some sort of exhaustion or something, but think about how often as Wings' fans in the past couple of years we have said "I wonder what Fisch would look like right now" or "Think about how good this D would be with Fisch!"

I know personally when Det picked up Stuart I was thinking well, that would be Fisch's role, or when Stuart and Kronner are running people I think man, Kronner and Fisch would be a great pairing.

I hope for Avery's sake people aren't saying those things about him.

Pens fans are claiming he's diving again!!!!

maybe a little early. <_<

i had a cousin who died at about that age from a heart attack. way too young. hope sean's okay. sure, not my favorite guy, but jesus. this shouldn't happen to anyone.

This really does suck.

Sean Avery is actually one of my favourite players in the NHL surprisingly. I hope he gets better and this doesn't progress badly.

It can't be too bad, he is only going to miss one game!!!!!!

(ok that was a joke about the series being over in one game because they said in the article he will miss the rest of this series. Not a shot at Avery himself!)

How would that cause him to go into cardiac arrest? I know things happen, but I was just curious.

The toxins released from the spleen would do it. It's like being poisoned internally. Try to think of it as a poisonous spider bite or snake bite. The toxins released just shut the body down.

Get well Avery!!!

Oh my god. This seriously scared the hell outta me. Very scary situation. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. I hope he's okay.

Despite what anyone thinks of him, he's a very down to earth guy. I've met him three times and he was nothing but great to me. Get well soon, Aves! :(

Oh my god. This seriously scared the hell outta me. Very scary situation. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. I hope he's okay.

Despite what anyone thinks of him, he's a very down to earth guy. I've met him three times and he was nothing but great to me. Get well soon, Aves! :(

That he survived those first hours pretty much tells the story.

Once the bleeding is under control and his blood volume is topped off, the danger is passed.

He should make a rapid and full recovery... (but not rapid enough to play again this year)