227 replies to this topic

#221 hallelujahlogic

hallelujahlogic

awake, affiliated, and indelible.

• HoF Booster
  • 549 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (hillbillywingsfan @ May 27, 2008 - 03:51PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i just want to know what happened to all of our pens fans that were posting on here? where did they all go? hahaha

haha..i have a friend who lives in pittsburgh and is a big pens fan (a bandwagon pens fan, but really..who isn't?). we had a lot of healthy smack talking going on just before this series, and even after game 1 she said that it wasn't a big deal and that her guys would come back and win and blah blah blah. after last night...she is no longer returning my calls. or texts. or emails.

i imagine it's the same sort of situation w/all the pens fans that were posting here. they're just too darned embarassed to show their faces. and can you blame them?

laugh.gif

Posted Image

#222 scotvm

scotvm

RedRover

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 07:33 PM

haha, the guy who made the massive list of non calls is clearly on some sort of narcotics. he states later in his post that, "The Detroit Red Wings are a fraud. Nicklas Lidstrom plays defense worse than Sergei Gonchar". but it seems like most of the other people posting in that thread have a lot more common sense and more of a realistic attitude toward each teams performance
"I knew your father before you did, and I don't think he'd be too proud of what you're doing right now. "

-Scotty Bowman

#223 PaVel DaTsYuK fan13

PaVel DaTsYuK fan13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:07 PM

WOW that Pens thread was just too funny. It's as if they just expected Gary Betman to win the cup for them. Listening to their guys call Lidstrom a joke makes me want to puke out my ears.

This thread is embarassing. Almost as embarassing as the play of the penguins.

by far the best response by a Pens fan

#224 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (timothy1997 @ May 27, 2008 - 12:29PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yowza.gif

laugh.gif Reviewing this thread and what I posted almost two weeks ago and I realize I scare myself sometimes, lol.

It does look like they've forgotten their notebooks, though. Shucks.

#225 RockyMountainWingGal

RockyMountainWingGal

RockyMountainWingGal

• HoF Booster
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (redwingfan19 @ May 27, 2008 - 01:36PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow some guy actually made some massive list of the wings supposed "Non Calls" in games one and two. I guess the Pens and there fans are a lot a like, can't just seem to get over it and move on.

The real irony is the Sens, Rangers, and Flyers ALL whined and complained about the Pens not getting called for penalties - and the bad reffing in favor of the Pens. Now that the Pens are in the exact same situation - it's like they stole the playbooks for those teams - and are now the whiners and cryers themselves.

And if they don't like it now, wait to see how it feels when you have goals taken away from you by the refs (well one guy really).
New season, New start! May the force be with the Wings this time!

#226 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 05:33 AM

QUOTE (RockyMountainWingGal @ May 27, 2008 - 11:49PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The real irony is the Sens, Rangers, and Flyers ALL whined and complained about the Pens not getting called for penalties - and the bad reffing in favor of the Pens. Now that the Pens are in the exact same situation - it's like they stole the playbooks for those teams - and are now the whiners and cryers themselves.

And if they don't like it now, wait to see how it feels when you have goals taken away from you by the refs (well one guy really).

Officiating is a 2-way street I think. We've definitely got hosed by phantom intereference calls that should've been goals, but calls have certainly gone our way as well (i.e. Holmstrom's PP goal in game 1 Dallas which could've easily been another interference, Zetterberg's 1st goal against Nashville after he could've been called for tripping).

Point being in the grand scheme of things complaining about refereeing as a major reason you lost is a moot point more often than not and a bad excuse because both teams are going to have both good calls for them and bad calls against them in the course of a game. Like the players, the referees aren't perfect and are doing the best they can but will make some mistakes as well.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan, 28 May 2008 - 05:34 AM.

#227 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 05:43 AM

Our pens fans will be back if the Wings lose tonight. They'll be like "i told you so, all the wings did was hold serve, blah blah blah..."
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#228 GiantRobot

GiantRobot

Youngblood is the next Red Wing

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 06:48 AM

QUOTE (Dr Rosenrosen @ May 20, 2008 - 04:06PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why do so many of you Detroit fans have to make SO MUCH SENSE!

Because we aren't from Pittsburgh?

IPB Image